Post your first car

Suzuki_Alto.jpg

since 2004, and still is. :yawn:

but with a bit wider tires, greenish colour.. without those headlamp washers, without everything actually... no power steering.. no assisted brakes.. no power windows/mirrors/etc etc..no stereo.. fuel lid has to be opened using the key.. same goes for the boot..

it does have the A/C and it works! :p

OMG your car has an option that mine hasn't!
Then again, I don't need AC because its cold here...

Citroen Visa Leader 1.1RE, marvelous little beast. No pic available, and this picture is from a monstrous 1.4 trs.

visa_14_trs_1986.jpg

My uncle destroyed his a couple of years ago. He bought it second hand, and it was a disgusting parrot green colour :(. It was a terrific car to drive though. I have a thing for japanese k-cars :p.

btw, the "Swift" i learned to drive in, along with the cuore was a Margalla. You know what I'm talkin about ;)

@airmenair: You're kidding... right? /drooooooooool

Yeah, i know i know, where are you from btw?

OMG your car has an option that mine hasn't!
Then again, I don't need AC because its cold here...

I WIN! :p

i dont really want to use the A/C but the weather here doesnt let me do that.. and then the car barely moves with the A/C on..

Last edited:
I'll just throw them all up in chronological order. (I can't believe I've had so many cars at 19 :lol:)

My 1989 Merkur XR4ti (still have it. Basically an Americanized (softer, less precise and less powerful) version of the Euro Sierra)
1164003446_l.jpg

My 1991 Mustang (couple of mods, pretty fast, traded it for the current daily driver. Miss it alot :( )
1030951599_l.jpg

My 1994 Civic (tons and tons of mods, nearly as fast as the mustang but better overall, sold last month. Don't miss it so much oddly)
l_b7f7cc11d0620da027ef40cd598bf2a0.jpg

l_37a2f0af3e6bf726efb4e67185c614ce.jpg

My 1994 Acura Integra (no pics, nothing to see really)

And finally, my pride and joy, my 1984 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE. Easily my favorite car, although I've hardly driven it as its been out of commission more than its worked! :lol:

l_ffd48cd5fb0bd75e9c62345a253a7a93.jpg

I'll get some good pictures of the 7 when I have time. I also have a 1987 Merkur XR4ti thats not pictured. (its hideous and smells like death :lol:)

I'm still driving my first car after 5(nearing 6) years. It happens to be the first actual car I've practiced driving in...and the first car I could actually identify since its been in the family longer than I have plus always being there in my entire life. I like it a lot, its a good daily driver, its surprisingly fuel efficient for a car this old, very fun considering most 4-door Toyotas are considered by most boring, I intend to keep it as long as I can.

http://img216.imageshack.**/img216/2118/imark5copymh1.jpg

85.5 Isuzu I-Mark. I hated this car (70 bhp, fwd) but it was what I needed at the time. Stalled at the sight of rain. Tranny failed at 70,000 miles.

To think the Porsche I'm driving now was new and being driven around by some rich bugger on Long Island when I was driving this.

The very best and most horrible first car ever! Bit of Alfa Romeo Syndrome going for old 944s. But hey at least I can always say my first car was a Porsche, not many people can top that. And even better they don't need to know that it was an entry level 944, that ran hot, had a drivers seat that was riveted down, and jerked around like a dinghy in a hurricane when I was off the throttle.

Rear.jpg

Last edited:
Maximaside.JPG

MaximaFront.jpg

Maximaback2.JPG

MaximaUnderhood.jpg

V-6, 5-speed, sport suspension, and Bose stereo = loads of fun as a first car.

I think red just was a rather popular color back then.

Back then? How effin' old do you think I am? :lol:

I got my first red car only 5 years ago... I guess trends could have changed in that time, but I think there's probably some subconscious psychology about red being for fast cars... or something like that. <_<

But look, people are still posting red (or a variant of it) cars in this thread.

My first and current car is an '84 Vanagon with a motor swapped from a '91 Subaru Legacy. Stock four-speed manual, fast and lots of torque for an old van. What a ride! Within the next few years I'm going to install the tried-and-true Subaru SVX 3.3, producing 230 horsepower (140 over the stock 90-something it rolled from the factory) or another big motor. People put everything into these, Porsche, WRX, even BMW motors. I intend to keep this van for a long time.

DSCF6583.jpg

DSCF6584.jpg

DSCF6586.jpg

Wow, that thing's in NIIIIIIIIIICE shape :D.

Nice License plate :p

Yeah, I thought that license plate would be a good laugh. Also encourages me to drive safe, since EVERYBODY knows who I am driving a 25 year old V-Dub van with that kind of plate. xD

Thanks, it's in pretty good nick. A few dents and scratches, but basically rust free since it spent most of it's time in Florida. A bit rough around the edges, but a great vehicle nonetheless. A lot of good times are to be had in the rig, with friends, road trips, even the morning commute is enjoyable. My dad likes to find excuses to drive it every now and then, when a guy in his forties who has driven many, many exciting cars and motorcycles in his life is excited to drive an antique van, that says something. :lol:

The very best and most horrible first car ever! Bit of Alfa Romeo Syndrome going for old 944s. But hey at least I can always say my first car was a Porsche, not many people can top that. And even better they don't need to know that it was an entry level 944, that ran hot, had a drivers seat that was riveted down, and jerked around like a dinghy in a hurricane when I was off the throttle.

well my frist car was technically a Jaguar...so i guess that counts for something too:mrgreen:

I got two of these beasts when I got my license ...
89-91_Pontiac_Grand_Am_Coupe.jpg

~1990 Pontiac Grand Ams. One with 180hp and the other with maybe half that :lol:. Gave the slow one to my sister and ... proceeded to annihilate the twin cam car. Had to replace it within a few months.

That cycle went on for 2-3 years until college; now I only kill 1 car a year.