Random F1 pictures

091dab8b.jpg

:lmao::lmao:

de Cesaris screaming in Johansson's face: "EAT MY SPARKS!!!!!!!"

EDIT: Guess when this happened...

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/20/WillF10133.jpg

Last edited:
That's the video I had in my head at the time. Without looking at it (because it'll crash the browser AGAIN) it's the one where Murray says "Who will win the title? Will it be Mansell? Will it be Piquet?" ...and it turned out to be Alain Prost that year.

I thought for a minute it might have been '86 due to the size of the roll bar on top of the car - I remember it being shorter on the '87 car, but not for every race...

That's the video I had in my head at the time. Without looking at it (because it'll crash the browser AGAIN) it's the one where Murray says "Who will win the title? Will it be Mansell? Will it be Piquet?" ...and it turned out to be Alain Prost that year.

I thought for a minute it might have been '86 due to the size of the roll bar on top of the car - I remember it being shorter on the '87 car, but not for every race...

Yes, it's THAT video, where Mansell wipes Murray's bald head with a rag, Piquet snatches the piece of paper from which Muzza had in front of him... And yes, indeed, it turned out to be neither of them.

I thought the only major difference between the 1986 and '87 car was the pop-off valve at the intake manifold to keep the boost below 4 bar at all time. The team used the FW11B in '87, after using the FW11 in '86. Looking at the Wiki photos, the only things I can see are a revised rear wing and revised front wing endplates. (And, of course, around the end of the season, the FW11B had active suspension)

^ That's one of the greatest F1 pics ever.

^ That's one of the greatest F1 pics ever.

Precisely.

4 legends of F1, 11 World Championships won in total by all four, 146 wins, 154 pole-positions, 113 fastest race laps and a mind-boggling 2380 points in a space of 18 seasons (between Piquet's debut race in '78 and Mansell's retirement in '95).

End of '87, wasn't it?
The Brabham BMW in the picture is the 1987 BT56 driven by Andrea DeCrasharis, the picture was taken during the 1987 Austrian GP at the old ?sterreichring, aka Zeltweg. (Today known as the A1-Ring) Original Photo:

1987%20zeltweg%20brabham.jpg

This is one the best motoring threads ever. Thank you to everyone for your excellent contributions!

Perhaps one of the folks with ftp servers could setup a directory to store this stuff for the benefit of all?

I wonder if anyone has actually fallen over while cheering on the fence like them... a bit dangerous isn't it, dangling half your body over a track like that. :p

Didn't they want to ban it a couple of years ago exactly because of the risks of falling over? :D