The "New Toys" Thread

Say good-bye to proper vision. :p

Why does everyone keep saying this? I've been using a big TV as my only monitor for about 5 months now and I see fine.

Though, that's probably because my vision was pretty mediocre to start with. :p

I used my 37"er as monitor (and TV via DVBS2 card and 360) for 2,5 years now, and I still have perfect vision. Just depends how far away you sit from it...

I just built me a new computer Friday. And yes, I know about the heat sink dangling on the VRM chip. Good thing I caught it before running the system hard.

Main%20System%20Cables%201.jpg

Main%20System%20Cables%202.jpg

Main%20System%201.jpg

I just built me a new computer Friday. And yes, I know about the heat sink dangling on the VRM chip. Good thing I caught it before running the system hard.

Main%20System%20Cables%201.jpg

Main%20System%20Cables%202.jpg

Main%20System%201.jpg
Specs...?

Case: ThermalTake Armor Xaser VA8000B
PSU: Corsair 620HX
Mobo: DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentfield OC @ 3.0GHz: Zalman CNPS8700
RAM: 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin XP2-6400 4-4-4-12
Video: VisionTek Radeon HD 4850 512MB: Zalman VF1000
Sound: Creative Labs X-Fi Platinum
HDD: Seagate 320GB, 400GB, 750GB, 1.5TB SATA
Optical: Plextor PX-716SA/SW DVD-RW SATA
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 225BW 22" widscreen LCD
Speakers: Klipsch Pro Media 2.1

I think I'm going to need to go to Vista with an extra 4GB of RAM and another TB of HDD space.

Last edited:
A few weeks back I was testing a 30" for a customer and and decided I want a 30" now. It emasculated my 22" which is used to think was good sized. :lol:

you make my 19" monitor weep!

As some of you know from this thread, I've been looking into buying one of these. Well, I got it today and here it is:

...Wow my phone's camera is useless. Well, I can't be bothered to go take pics with a real camera, but I will say that I am happy with the purchase. To make up for the lack of a photo, I present you with this:

happystall.jpg

As some of you know from this thread, I've been looking into buying one of these. Well, I got it today and here it is:

...Wow my phone's camera is useless. Well, I can't be bothered to go take pics with a real camera, but I will say that I am happy with the purchase. To make up for the lack of a photo, I present you with this:

happystall.jpg

:D perv stall :D

This counts as a new toy right? Bought it a few weeks ago, spent about 2 weeks restoring it, the electronics inside weren't working and people I contacted who know these old machines and work on them have never seen one with them, so it's apparently quite rare. Regardless I had to search for a while to find the right little electromagnetic solenoids to make it work properly, I had to resolder in 4 new rectifier diodes on the small board, and build a wiring harness for the lights (which was the easy part). Pulled lots of the mechanism from the back to clean and adjust, so now the machine works as close to original as possible. :mrgreen:

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/25/IMG_0948.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/25/IMG_0950.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/25/IMG_0956.jpg

And a short video of it working (the jackpot is activated about 1:24 in):
[YOUTUBE]QBs3xbz-QLM[/YOUTUBE]

This counts as a new toy right? Bought it a few weeks ago, spent about 2 weeks restoring it, the electronics inside weren't working and people I contacted who know these old machines and work on them have never seen one with them, so it's apparently quite rare. Regardless I had to search for a while to find the right little electromagnetic solenoids to make it work properly, I had to resolder in 4 new rectifier diodes on the small board, and build a wiring harness for the lights (which was the easy part). Pulled lots of the mechanism from the back to clean and adjust, so now the machine works as close to original as possible. :mrgreen:

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/25/IMG_0948.jpg

You bought a Pachinko machine?? Cool!! :D

re : the weird pinball machine

I dunno what that does, or what it's for, but I want one.
it's like a pinball machine with 500 balls and no flippers!