My G25 Cockpit

deathraider

Hey, after looking at chillicokes cockpit i decided that my timber one would not do.
IMG_0407.jpg

So i set out and made this.
wert001.jpg

wert055.jpg

(photos were taken on phone where i was building it)

Tell us what u think

Last edited:
Just a question, on mine I have my pedals on the original plastic base. What is the advantage of taking them apart and bolting them onto the cockpit?

Also, where is that seat from? I have a lame ford focus seat.

can I have the old timber one?

Also, please die

Just a question, on mine I have my pedals on the original plastic base. What is the advantage of taking them apart and bolting them onto the cockpit?

Also, where is that seat from? I have a lame ford focus seat.

its a aftermarket racing seat (bucket seat). and the advantage of taking them appart is you can get correct spacing. in what car is the clutch, accelerator and brake exact same distances from each other and that close together, you need to have the clutch apart from it for a more realistic feel. aslo you turn them upside down and its even better.

Nice build.
I always toyed with the idea of building one, but then I don't have the space for it, and my GF would kill me if a thing like that ended up in our small living room...

Nice build.
I always toyed with the idea of building one, but then I don't have the space for it, and my GF would kill me if a thing like that ended up in our small living room...

you could always design a foldaway one like the playseat. wouldn't be hard to make. not for pure comfort but it would suffice.

its a aftermarket racing seat (bucket seat). and the advantage of taking them appart is you can get correct spacing. in what car is the clutch, accelerator and brake exact same distances from each other and that close together, you need to have the clutch apart from it for a more realistic feel. aslo you turn them upside down and its even better.

Doing heal and toe downshifts most be much easier also. Is it complicated taking it apart?

I don't know if you brought your cockpit home yet, but that isn't going to fit through a standard size door.

Doing heal and toe downshifts most be much easier also. Is it complicated taking it apart?

I don't know if you brought your cockpit home yet, but that isn't going to fit through a standard size door.

nah its not complicated, they have basicly designed it saying we want you to take it appart. they are 3 seperate pedals, with mounting holes already to go. all you need is 6 x 6mm bolts.

and yeah it fits through a doorway. all you have to do is either take the seat off or monovar it through.

That's pretty pimp. What kind of screen will you be using this with? That guy in a room with a projector would be wicked.

Nice work indeed - your old timber one is a dead-ringer for the set up I had (though I'd made my own wheel).