Random Thoughts....

Because of that, I just DL'd sim tower :D

Dude, that game was so epic, I actually found the CD for it this spring, and beat the game in like 4 hours.... I remember playing for weeks when I was little and not getting past 4 stars.... :lol:

I never liked Sim Tower that much, but I was a Sim City 2000 fiend. I remember buying a combo pack of SC2000 Special Edition (included the editor) and Sim Copter from CompUSA circa 1996.

Sim Copter was so much fun. You could import your own cities from SC2K and do flying missions.

simcopter.jpg

Ah, this makes me feel old.

True fact!

The US government is planning to give $700,000,000,000 to banks.

If you take a regular bundle of 100, $100 bills ($10,000), and stack 7 of those together ($70,000), you have a pile of money about the size of a brick.

Now you've got ten million of those piles. The Empire State Building is made from ten million bricks.

So it's like they're giving away the Empire State Building, made of money. To banks! :lol:

True fact!

The US government is planning to give $700,000,000,000 to banks.

If you take a regular bundle of 100, $100 bills ($10,000), and stack 7 of those together ($70,000), you have a pile of money about the size of a brick.

Now you've got ten million of those piles. The Empire State Building is made from ten million bricks.

So it's like they're giving away the Empire State Building, made of money. To banks! :lol:

That's a very interesting way to put it.

^ that is more than your mind can comprehend... it's just beyond scale!
IIRC the human brain can only have a true sense of scale up to hundreds of thousands, so even millions are hard to comprehend...

alright, +rep for anyone who can tell me a little about 4chan and /b/

I have some ideas but as far as I know they're just joke sites for people with certain senses of humor.

^ Why don't you just check Wikipedia?

So far as I know, it's an imageboard originally meant for discussion of anime and manga, but because it has no user registration system and really lenient rules, it's a bastion of a lot of insane/interesting things. /b/ is just the random part of the board. Anonymous is the group that do a lot of pranks and did the anti-Scientology protests, and I guess a lot of the anonymous people converse on there?

Check it out, I went there myself for the first time last week.

ahh, I never thought about wiki, I figured if I used google search id probably get sent right to the site itself, I might as well check it out. That nine thousand thing is pretty damn funny.

From the 'interesting science' files...

Political views 'all in the mind'

Sounds like a small sample, though - 46 individuals, then only some of them invited back.
Oh, and they found this out just now? Man ... I'm losing my faith in scientists. Might as well go back to Christianism for all my answers ... <_<

A previous post mentioned Sim City 2000. I was hooked on that game at school. I always remembered that I'd go nuts and spend all my money, then have a flood or a riot or an alien attack and realize I didn't have enough for the fire department!

SC2000 was part of my trinity of PC games....that, Oregon Trail, and Odell Down Under.

Oh, and they found this out just now? Man ... I'm losing my faith in scientists. Might as well go back to Christianism for all my answers ... <_<

Pff, I'm just waiting for my grant to come through, and my research into 'Pepsi or Coke correlations with political leanings' will be complete!

DAAAAMN! I've just found an old post by me, just a couple of months after I joined. Now I feel bad for complaining about bad grammar from new members... :lol:

i am really likin ur respray and stripes, i thought about a respray, but then thought it would be too hard.

Sending less text messages helps, as well. ;)

That would be "Sending FEWER text messages," knave! :p

In other news, I can't stop making shit. My latest project is a kite, and every time I encounter a gust of wind outdoors, I lose all sense of everything else and start to pay attention to its strength and duration. I really need to get a job soon; hell of a time for it though.

^ that is more than your mind can comprehend... it's just beyond scale!
IIRC the human brain can only have a true sense of scale up to hundreds of thousands, so even millions are hard to comprehend...
Well to put it into perspective, it is about 1.5x the Belgian GDP, so, with a bit of simplification, it's about the same amount of money as all Belgians earn in a year and a half.

A previous post mentioned Sim City 2000. I was hooked on that game at school. I always remembered that I'd go nuts and spend all my money, then have a flood or a riot or an alien attack and realize I didn't have enough for the fire department!

Same here. The biggest complaint I got from advisors was always about having too many roads. Then you'd bring down the road budget and your roads would start disappearing one square at a time. :lol:

Best thing about SimCity 2000 was that arco349 map with the exodus feature. Instant riches. :D

This is awesome: The Sarah Palin Name Generator

"Who knows, Axe Diesel Palin, you might just be president one day!"

/seriously considering changing my name to Axe Diesel Rong.

Sending less text messages helps, as well. ;)

Actually, since I use T9 almost exclusively, I find it easier to text in proper, grammatically correct English better thn txt1n lik d1s. The cell phone practically finishes words for you, as long as you know how to spell them. And if you don't, then the phone reminds you how much of an imbecile you are.

By the way, Sim Copter was awesome! I loved unlocking the Apache and blowing up the cities I made in the SimCity Creator Kit (or whatever it was called).

The new Metallica album is actually far better than i thought it would be.. It's really grown on me..:neutral:

Just heard the new single from The Killers. I like. :)

Theres a new Killers single? *Runs off to find it*

Edit: All been taken down now. :(