2009 Line-Up Rumour Mill

Additionally, it's a pretty big choice for Alonso, with him needing to be in a team he is comfortable with for the next two years. He must realize two years next to Kubica can hurt him, while two years at Renault can retain his perceived abilities or make people people question whether or not he's still got it. Hard Choice to get in a top 3 team, but then again the gap to other teams is shrinking more and more each year.

Well that's exactly the reason why I said that he /might/ go to Honda, however, again, his interview seems to point towards him leaning towards the BMW offer.

Well that's exactly the reason why I said that he /might/ go to Honda, however, again, his interview seems to point towards him leaning towards the BMW offer.

Plus the thing is that his working relation with Hamilton was strained from the very first moment. If he's partnered with Kubica, it might be a lot better because the two are much more friendly towards each other. In an interview, he suggested that, if he was in the position, he would help Robert as a team-mate.

I think Alonso should accept BMW's offer and he shouldn't worry about being Kubica's team mate. There's a risk that Robert could beat him - but on the other hand, this may be his last chance to get back to the top. This might sound strange in case of a double champion, but with all the younger drivers coming (not that Alonso is old, but you get my point), he shoudn't wait years for a better offer, because he can easily run out of time...

Hahaha thats basically saying tata to Heidfeld then.
...but will Heidi go to Tata? *drumroll* *cymbalcrash*

Yes, I know Messrs Sutil and Fisichella have a Force India contract for next year, but I'll bet if Karun Chandhok comes knocking, one of those will make way.

Which gives me an idea...

...but will Heidi go to Tata? *drumroll* *cymbalcrash*

Yes, I know Messrs Sutil and Fisichella have a Force India contract for next year, but I'll bet if Karun Chandhok comes knocking, one of those will make way.

Which gives me an idea...

hahahahah i see what you did there!!!

Alonso to stay at Renault?

16 September 2008

As Ferrari announced it has extended its contract with Kimi Raikkonen for another two seasons it ended rumours where Formula 1 would see Fernando Alonso move to Ferrari within two years. Alonso now hints he could stay with the team that brought his two Formula 1 championship titles: Renault.

As the Formula One teams are getting their seats filled Fernando Alonso has yet to decided whether or not the Spaniard will continue to race for another season at Renault. Alonso is looking at his options but doesn't make it a major secret that there is a big chance he will stick with Renault for 2009. "I have to look for the best place to be next season," Alonso said. "Renault is my first option. I know the people and I know everything can go well here. Right now all the teams are very optimistic, but Renault has given me two winning cars and I think it is much easier to believe them (for being optimistic on 2009) than to believe the people at other F1 teams."

Source

BMW to announce drivers at end of season

17 September 2008

The BMW Sauber F1 team will not announce its 2009 driver line-up until the end of the current season, team boss Mario Theissen has confirmed.

BMW has been the centre of speculation about Fernando Alonso's future since it became clear that he would not be going to Ferrari next season.

"At the end of the season we will announce our driver pairing for the coming year," Theissen said. "There has been a lot of speculation regarding this issue in recent weeks, and at Monza new rumours were circulating in the paddock. Nonetheless, we won't take part in these speculations but will simply take our time in making our decision."

BMW is rumoured to have already signed Robert Kubica up for 2009, and has made no secret of the fact it would welcome Fernando Alonso to the squad.

Source

Buemi to join Toro Rosso in 2009?

It appears that Sebastien Buemi is first in line to replace Sebastian Vettel at the Scuderia Toro Rosso. Not only for it talent, but also because the Faenza-based team seems to start a tradition of hiring seb's.

During the three-day Jerez test session, Buemi first tested for Toro Rosso before moving to the Red Bull cockpit today. Toro Rosso's team boss Franz Tost declared to the Swiss newspaper 'Le Matin': "Sebastien did an excellent job. We prepared him for a busy day of testing and he did what we expected from him. He completed great lap times and worked hard and devoted with our team. He worked well with the engineers and gave us good feedback.

"After what we've seen this week all we need is to find an experienced driver to support him and then I believe we can take the risk of lining up Sebastien in 2009. He has a lot of talent and he is part of the Red Bull family."
http://www.f1technical.net/news/10517?sid=13886c485589403b1451f8efa302be4f

So where is Bruno Senna going?

Franz Tost said:
After what we've seen this week all we need is to find an experienced driver to support him and then I believe we can take the risk of lining up Sebastien in 2009.

Is he suggesting that they are looking to replace Bourdais as well?

Also, here is a photo of Buemi testing the Red Bull with an altered livery promoting their new Cola drink. I guess this is the livery they'll be using for the rest of the season.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/20/110303.jpg

Thats how I read it too as well Devon!! Where is Bourdais going? I would have thought his results and speed of late would be enough to guarantee him the drive for next year?? Maybe Sato will get the seat? I think I would rather have Taku back than Bourdais, but it would be a shame for Seb after he has waited for so long to get a seat.

Wise decision by Bruno Senna. Too many drivers graduate too early.

^ I don't know if it would be a wise move for Toro Rosso to get rid of Bourdais, I think he'll do a lot better next year.

Also, here is a photo of Buemi testing the Red Bull with an altered livery promoting their new Cola drink. I guess this is the livery they'll be using for the rest of the season.

*Image Removed*

Forget that, just watched the Italian GP and noticed that Red Bull already ran the livery there.

As for Bourdais I think it might well be too little, too late. He has shown few good races now but his early season performance does him no favours. Only thing he can do now is to keep performing as he has in the last few races and hope for the best. Hopefully he can do that and keep his seat, I'd really like to see him in the grid next year. Then again, I'd also like to see Sato in STR...

Fernando Alonso will reportedly remain at Renault next season after rejecting an offer from BMW.

Alonso is a hot commodity for next year's Championship as the double World Champion has yet to put pen to paper, making him arguably the best available driver.

And as such at least three teams are known to be chasing his signature; BMW, Honda and Renault.

However, according to Spanish sports daily AS it is Renault who are set to succeed in their quest after Alonso turned down BMW and ruled out Honda.

The newspaper reports that BMW offered Alonso a multi-year deal, however, the Spaniard wasn't pleased with the duration as he wants to be free to leave for Ferrari should a seat become available at the end of 2010.

BMW, though, were insistent on a long-term contract, resulting in Alonso turning Mario Theissen's outfit down.

As for Honda the Spaniard is concerned by the team's lack of progress this season, which has resulted in a mere 14 points in 14 races and little sign that things are set to improve.

The Spaniard has therefore made his decision and is set to stick with Renault for the 2009 Championship in the hope of heading to Ferrari as soon as a seat is available.

http://orange.planet-f1.com/News/Story_Page/0,16072,3213_4174572,00.html

Don't know how true it is, but i have read it on a few diffrent places..

^ Not surprised to see him stay. As for Bourdais, looks like he needs to start looking for a seat in NA$CAR LOL!

^ Not surprised to see him stay. As for Bourdais, looks like he needs to start looking for a seat in NA$CAR LOL!

If he stays close to Vettel in performance over the last few races, he might be in with a shot at keeping the seat... but alongside who? Buemi is well-seen in the Red Bull stable, but signing Sato would be a big marketing coup for a company which is famous for throwing enormous amounts of money, for good reason, in that enterprise.

Sato=free Honda engines for Toro Rosso???

Sato=free Honda engines for Toro Rosso???

Maybe once they want to become full-fledged constructors. I'm sure Ferrari wouldn't like anyone beating them with their own engines, and most likely once Toro Rosso goes constructor, Ferrari will dump them. Snapping up Sato in preparation for that would be good, and with a good designer, they might go on embarassing Honda even further.