My Cooper S

Bishamon

Car(s)
R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
I purchased it new almost a year ago, and since then I've added the John Cooper Works black grill trim, the JCW carbon fiber hood scoop, the JCW Tuning Kit (JCW intake, exhaust, and ECU reprogramming), new rims and tires, and a custom Whalen shift knob. :)

MINI_20080830_front_640.jpg

MINI_20080830_side_640.jpg

MINI_20080830_rearside_640.jpg

JCW_rear_640.jpg

I am not a fan of black rims, but you car looks great nonetheless! Congrats! :thumbsup:

I'm a huge fan of the Mini - yours looks great, I'm sure it's brilliant fun to drive too :D

On the very edge of being rice - but OK so far. Interior shot would be good the spend on some performance mods and take he round a track... Go go go.

/Edit Oooh very nice inside. ... OK, I think you are right to stay with the tuning kit you have actually.

Last edited:
Here is an interior shot, but you can't see much:

MINI_interior1.jpg

The shift knob looks like this:

Whalen_knob1.jpg

I won't be spending any more on performance mods... the JCW kit was the most I could gain in terms of engine performance while remaining covered by the BMW/MINI warranty, and the factory Cooper S suspension is outstanding.

I've tried to keep everything first-party and covered by the warranty, apart from the shift knob (I really hated the stock knob) and the rims and tires. The rims are actually a dark grey colour, and I was worried they wouldn't look dark enough, but they turned out better than I expected. I also considered black John Cooper Works rims, Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2, and Rota RB before going with the Enkei EVO 6. I tend to prefer rims that contrast with the colour of the car, so dark rims on a light coloured car and vice-versa. Plus, it keeps with the two-tone MINI theme. :)

Welcome my supercharged brother, even if it is for a mini. :p

i wish the S still had the supercharger!

Love the rims. Gives the car really nice contrast. I might get something similar for my Miata (something with a machined lip).