The Stig: THE 571G plate sold for ?10,000

Note to Rick: you've spent ?10,000 on a number plate which reads 571G. Can I point out to you that Stig looks like this: STIG.

Some say that he sucks the moisture from ducks and that his crash helmet is modelled on Britney Spears's head. All we know is, he's called THE517G. I don't think so.

You stupid P31CK.

:+1:

personalised plates FTL. I had to read that thing many times before I realised it was TG related.

best thing is, since nobody is able to read these plates, noone will know what it is and what it cost him, unless they're rabid TG fans

The best part of all is that when JC and Wilman run out of ideas in 3-4 years' time and the show is axed this idiot will end up with a completely irrelevant number plate that cost him nearly 11 grand that noone wants to buy. He'd have been better off with TOS53R!

The best part of all is that when JC and Wilman run out of ideas in 3-4 years' time and the show is axed this idiot will end up with a completely irrelevant number plate that cost him nearly 11 grand that noone wants to buy. He'd have been better off with TOS53R!

I think VV4NK3R would be better :p

I think VV4NK3R would be better :p

Didn't think either tosser or wanker were understood by most Americans. I just can't imagine hearing either in an American accent without PMSL. "Y'all are a bunch o' wankas!" - that's just SO wrong! :lol:

Isn't your equivalent J3RK0FF?

Didn't think either tosser or wanker were understood by most Americans. I just can't imagine hearing either in an American accent without PMSL. "Y'all are a bunch o' wankas!" - that's just SO wrong! :lol:

Keep in mind that saying "an American accent" is like saying "a British accent". We have a huge country with many different backgrounds. I'm not an expert on British accents, but I know that Birmingham, Glasgow, the East End, and Buckingham Palace contain four very unique accents.

Most of the time Europeans think of the Texan accent, in which case it'd be more like "Y'all're buncha wankurs!" But that's radically different from the nondescript American accent you'll hear from most American newsreaders, or any of the other major regional accents we have in this huge nation. Boston, for example, which leaves most Rs off of words, would say that more like "You all ah wankahs!"

Isn't your equivalent J3RK0FF?

To get the same literal meaning, yes. However, that word isn't used much anymore, as far as I can tell.

So I came into this thread because I was curious as to why an irrelevant thread would be on the TG forum for 2 days, and then when I read the OP, I figured out what was going on -_-.

I'm not a fan of personalized number plates, but I came across a winner yesterday:

"Q0QQ0Q0", have fun trying to figure out whom to catch when he gets involved in a hit'n'run. I thought it was great.

Just remembered there's a guy near us with a silver 5 Series with the registration T15 CJD.

I've often wondered why he'd want to advertise the fact he has Mad Cow while driving around. Suppose it could be his way of explaining his erratic driving......