crazy suicidal swedish babes...

they weren't cuffed because they weren't under arrest at the start, and the police had no way of telling that they would do what they did.

they weren't cuffed because they weren't under arrest at the start, and the police had no way of telling that they would do what they did.

You don't need to be under arrest to be cuffed and put in the back of a car, trust me I know. (long story but I was let go)

Any officer with the slightest bit of common sense would have quickly put anybody who tried to cross busy traffic (and got hit) in the back of their squad cars. Even if they didn't think they were trying to kill themselves and if they didn't think they would do it again it's what procedure calls for. Even more when everybody was just standing around talking about what to do.

And for me the the part that screams inept police force more than anything is after they have shown 4 officers that they REALLY REALLY REALLY want to end it the one woman is allowed to stand up after being hit (she should have been in a neck brace and not allowed to even move) she gets up. Nobody is around but 1 female officer to stop her from doing it again. She didn't go from on the ground to running in such a fast time that nobody could react. The SECOND she started to get up there should have been every cop there making sure she doesn't.

I thought Clarkson was joking when he showed that video of the cop running away from the kid throwing stones... but after seeing this I find it very possible.

Give me a corrupt racist police force that's quite often over the line over a bunch of mall security guards with whistles who don't know what they're doing.

This wouldn't happen in the US. They would just shot them to stop them killing themselves.
This is in no way serious

Sadly, that's not true. Our justice system has turned into a bunch of pansies that aren't allowed to do their job half the time. :rolleyes:

Still, this is just nuts. I heard about a woman who did something similar here a year ago. She stepped out on I-15 in front of a 18 wheel semi going roughly 65 MPH. I don't think I need to tell you the results.

I'm surprised they didn't get hurt more than they did, or killed.

I've watched enough Worst Wildest Police Videos and Cops (best show ever.) to know you don't need to officially be placed under arrest to be cuffed. But maybe the procedures are different in the UK.

Either way - that was scary shit. Surely when the drugs that women was on wears off - she will be in immense pain? Right?

okay after rewatching it i think i can see where the confusion lies, before the police car arrives with the camera man two highways agency officers were watching the women, these highways agency officers do not have the right to arrest people (i would be surprised if they even carry handcuffs). the actual police were there for less than a minute before the first one runs out. the police have to get the story from the highways officers before they can do anything here.

^But don't those highway agency officers have a duty to at least detain someone who poses a danger to traffic until the police do arrive? I mean if they can't do that, then what exactly is their job and why are they paid for it?

their job is to keep the people on the motorway safe, if they see people on the motorway they usually pick them up then drop them at the next junction, then wait for the police. in this case because one of them was struck by a car they have to wait with them by the side of the road until the ambulance / police arrive.

okay after rewatching it i think i can see where the confusion lies, before the police car arrives with the camera man two highways agency officers were watching the women, these highways agency officers do not have the right to arrest people (i would be surprised if they even carry handcuffs). the actual police were there for less than a minute before the first one runs out. the police have to get the story from the highways officers before they can do anything here.

their job is to keep the people on the motorway safe, if they see people on the motorway they usually pick them up then drop them at the next junction, then wait for the police. in this case because one of them was struck by a car they have to wait with them by the side of the road until the ambulance / police arrive.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO ARREST SOMEBODY TO DETAIN THEM

I guess I have to use big font because that's somehow not sinking in.

And they don't have to hear the whole story before doing anything. If that's how procedure works in the UK than I feel sorry for the people that live there. You put the person in the car THAN get all the stories, that way nothing bad can happen on the side of a busy motorway. It's called common sense, apparently it's not so common over there. Even if they have 0 thought of arresting them in a car is much safer than standing on the side of a busy motorway.

If the useless traffic wombles can drive somebody to the next offramp than they have the cars to put the crazy people in it while you wait for the cops. They weren't waiting for an ambulance unless your procedure is that messed up too. If you are hit by a car it doesn't matter if you "feel" ok if an ambulence has been called every cop would/should be getting you to sit on the ground and taking care of you until they arrive.

They failed to keep innocent motorists safe and are lucky nobody in the SUV was seriously injured. I cannot believe you are actually attempting to defend this lack of judgment.

Well, sorry to tell you, but they're doing a bad job at it too. So there's no reason to detain them and they can't understand them. Doesn't matter.

1. One was involved in an accident, she should be sitting down, or lying down, not standing, no matter that she feels fine.

2. They shouldn't have been waiting for the cops exactly on the shoulder. I've seen enough cop car dashboard videos to know that stoping on the shoulder of a highway is VERY DANGEROUS. At least the women should have been sitting on the grass embankment.

3. They are standing behind their car, between their car and incoming traffic. If a car swirves onto the shoulder by accident, guess what? Swedish pancakes. In any case, they souldn't have been standing either behind or in front of their car, but to the side of it, in case some idiot hits the car, that's your best chance of not getting injured.

4. There are more than 1 person in question here. Why is there only one man keeping an eye on them? Why did the other guy need to go and talk to the cops at a distance instead of waiting for the cops to come to them and explain the situation while there were 4 people watching the 2 women at the scene?

And the cops did all sorts of wrong things too:

5. Once the cops were talking to the highway guy, why weren't they all walking over to the 2 women rather than stand by the patrol car at a distance and chat about it?

6. Why did the cops stop their car on the shoulder trapping the highway guys and the 2 women in between 2 cars? (Please see #3)

Here's what the highway guys should have done: They should have gotten the women out of traffic, get them on the green space having the patrol car between themselves and traffic. One highway guy stands at one corner of the car, the other guy at the other corner. That way nobody goes anywhere and the chances of getting in an accident are minimized. And when the cops show up on the scene, they're the ones that walk over to the highway guys and see what the situation is.

The incident happened because the authorities did NONE of the right things to do. Who trains these idiots? I thought Britain was big on health and safety, but that proves that they're just faking it and they're actually worse than anyone else.

you have such great ideas, maybe you should share them with the police here

anyway i give up, think what you want to think but i know that our police force are far from inept

and whoever neg reped me without leaving a name thanks

you have such great ideas, maybe you should share them with the police here

They aren't his ideas, they are common procedure in both the US and apparently Canada (as well as any other country that knows what they're doing). Maybe the police force their needs to train? Are you honestly trying to say that the outcome that happened is the best possible outcome?

anyway i give up, think what you want to think but i know that our police force are far from inept

"not suitable to the time, place, or occasion : inappropriate often to an absurd degree"

Pretty much describes that situation. They couldn't have done worse if they had lit them on fire and kicked them in front of traffic.

the UK isn't the US and apparently Canada though, here if the police mess up it becomes national news. Imagine (if you can) what would have happened if the officers did cuff those women early on and something happened to the one which was struck by the car while she was cuffed and in the back of the police car. The police would be smeared with more shit than they are now.

Because you are not from here you are not likely to have heard some of the stories about accidents while the police were in attendance, it is always blamed on them and so now they have to be super careful about EVERYTHING that they do. That includes not cuffing people when its not needed incase they are accused of police brutality.

:rofl:

Now you're just embarrassing yourself man, sounds like you're just mad people are criticizing anything to do with the UK and are blindly defending it.

What are you even trying to say with your "if" situation? If they cuffed her and the car she was in got hit? Because you have to be very thick headed to think that standing on the side of the road (read toma's post, if they can't put them in a car they need to be way up on the grass with more than 1 person watching them) is a better place to be than inside a car with a 3000lb object going 60mph coming at you.

And detaining somebody is brutality :rofl: grasping at straws are we?

So either the police force lack the knowledge to do the job properly, or now your new spin on things they care more about public image than doing their job properly. Man our abusive police force just keeps looking better and better.

I'd rather see suicidal people shot before they run into traffic causing property damage or worse causing a bigger wreck with innocent drivers being hurt or dying.

How inept are cops over there? They've already tried to kill themselves once, yet they have 1 cop to stop 2 people while 3 people sit around talking. And after the first one runs the cop just sits back while the second one is just allowed to run into traffic? Than the one in the red gets up after being hit and is obviously struggling to get away and the only thing stopping her from getting away again is a single woman cop? :lol: They looked like a bunch of mall security guards trying to catch a 13 year old shoplifter.

This whole thing would have never happened if they would have put them in the back of one of the cop cars like proper police procedure would tell you to do.

Thats Health and Safety for yah.

edit - Just found this online about H&S messing with cop jobs.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...hours-filling-in-forms-to-follow-burglar.html

Last edited:
The Yanks are right, an American policeman would have deduced at first sight that this was a "crazy Sweedish hottie drug fuelled suicide pact" at first glance and taken the appropriate steps.

Thats Health and Safety for yah.

edit - Just found this online about H&S messing with cop jobs.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...hours-filling-in-forms-to-follow-burglar.html

that is the usual procedure in the UK, for the police it takes forever to do things because of H&S. Just because you dont agree with the procedures they took doesnt mean what they did wasn't the norm for beside a motorway, as they stated in the show none of them had ever heard of anything similar.

Police + Computer = total and utter confusion I am afraid - better done on a preprinted form that the PC will fill in so that some jobsworth will the piddle about with it. Soon to be outsourced and off shored probably.