Can someone explain to me why anyone wants to vote for McCain/Palin?

Two weeks ago I had a 68 year old double amputee beat me in a 5k race by almost 2 minutes and I ran a 25, which is not a shitty time... so no, I don't really.

+1 for Optimus... and ditto

So you think Sarah Palin would make a better president than Barack Obama? :lol:

So you think Sarah Palin would make a better president than Barack Obama? :lol:

Yes, by far. In fact, a LOT of people would make a better president than Barack Obama. Myself included.

Yes, by far. In fact, a LOT of people would make a better president than Barack Obama. Myself included.

So why are you sitting in front of you computer and not out there running for President? Or even some other public office where you'd actually make a difference, as opposed to just pointing fingers?

I just saw some of Palin's interview with Katie Couric... wow, just wow. I'm not so much concerned with Palin's lack of political expertise and finesse, but with the fact that McCain must think the average American a total idiot, thinking they won't see what a horrendous choice Palin is and will just vote Republican because of the novelty of having a woman in such a high office.

Everybody is concerned thinking McCain will just drop dead and Palin will become president. If I were an American I'd be questioning McCain's tactics, reasoning and the fact that he must have gone bad shit senile. How else do you pick someone like Palin? Palin cannot even project the impression that she knows what she's doing, even Bush is able to better explain himself to reporters.

So why are you sitting in front of you computer and not out there running for President? Or even some other public office where you'd actually make a difference, as opposed to just pointing fingers?

A wise Minnesota mom once told me when you point fingers you have 3 pointing right back at you, don't ya know now.

I just saw some of Palin's interview with Katie Couric... wow, just wow. I'm not so much concerned with Palin's lack of political expertise and finesse, but with the fact that McCain must think the average American a total idiot, thinking they won't see what a horrendous choice Palin is and will just vote Republican because of the novelty of having a woman in such a high office.

Everybody is concerned thinking McCain will just drop dead and Palin will become president. If I were an American I'd be questioning McCain's tactics, reasoning and the fact that he must have gone bad shit senile. How else do you pick someone like Palin? Palin cannot even project the impression that she knows what she's doing, even Bush is able to better explain himself to reporters.

Do you pay this much attention to Canadian politics as well? I personally feel that Palin could be just as good as anyone else, and I am also not stupid enough to judge her off of two interviews and a cheer leading session with Sean Hannity. It is certainly good stuff to START forming an opinion from, but I am waiting to see what happens at the debate. You know what... to be quite frank, I think someone with some balls and no real Washington experience might be a damn good thing, regardless of the party. Biden has said some equally stupid things in the last two weeks, so let's try and play fair here.

Do you pay this much attention to Canadian politics as well? I personally feel that Palin could be just as good as anyone else, and I am also not stupid enough to judge her off of two interviews and a cheer leading session with Sean Hannity. It is certainly good stuff to START forming an opinion from, but I am waiting to see what happens at the debate. You know what... to be quite frank, I think someone with some balls and no real Washington experience might be a damn good thing, regardless of the party. Biden has said some equally stupid things in the last two weeks, so let's try and play fair here.

Saying something stupid is one thing, saying something that makes no sense is quite another. Every clip I have seen of Palin has shown her to be completely inept at even talking. You don't get a single straight answer, a single insight, a single piece of information when you watch her.

Being a politician is all about being able to bullshit and spin things in your favour. Palin gets this retarded look on her face every time a reporter asks her a question, thinks for 30 seconds, then gives the most senseless response. Every single answer she has given to date has made it seem to me like she was just trying to skirt the issues... either because she doesn't have a clue what the issue at hand is, or she doesn't know what McCain's position is so she can corroborate it.

Okay, I admit, in the Couric interview they did seem to leave in all of her pauses. I'm sure other people being interviewed pause a lot and then they edit them out later. But still, even when she eventually came up with an answer it was totally obvious she was just pulling things out of thin air, making sure that she stays as unclear and ambiguous as possible.

I do volunteer with my local GOP party, but I can't see myself running for a prominent office. Just look at the scrutiny candidates go through these days. Everybody either wants a candidate with the purity of a saint, or complains if the opposition party runs one that without such purity. I've got enough skeletons in my closet to cure the calcium deficiencies of every nursing home patient in my state. That's what happens when you learn life's lessons the hard way. I have better judgement now because of my poor judgement then.

You don't get a single straight answer, a single insight, a single piece of information when you watch her.
As opposed to who, Obama? The man can say nothing better anyone in politics.

Guys, dont bother arguing with that class of right-winger, its pointless.

All we can do is get out and vote, get others to, and have a well stocked firearms cabinet just in case another of their governments are elected :)

As opposed to who, Obama? The man can say nothing better anyone in politics.

Yes, as opposed to Obama because of the problematic nature of your political system which really only allows for the Dems and Republicans.

If you read the first few posts in this thread you'll see I'm not a fan of Obama - you right-wing nuts are so quick to jump to conclusions. We're talking about Sarah Palin here, if you must make the comparison then compare her with Biden.

Sarah Palin is heavily unexperienced, and she seems totally flabbergasted by what is going on in her life right now. Which brings me back to my main point: Americans shouldn't be concerned about the possibility of Palin becoming VP, they should be concerned about the fact that McCain is not going to be a worthy leader if he can't even pick a remotely decent running mate.

Guys, dont bother arguing with that class of right-winger, its pointless.
And what class of right-winger would that be?

Yes, as opposed to Obama because of the problematic nature of your political system which really only allows for the Dems and Republicans.
Hello? Ross Perot and the Reform Party, which helped Bill Clinton win two elections on less than 50% of the vote...?

If you read the first few posts in this thread you'll see I'm not a fan of Obama - you right-wing nuts are so quick to jump to conclusions.
So I'm supposed to memorize the political views of every poster now? Don't take it personally.

Sarah Palin is heavily unexperienced, and she seems totally flabbergasted by what is going on in her life right now. Which brings me back to my main point: Americans shouldn't be concerned about the possibility of Palin becoming VP, they should be concerned about the fact that McCain is not going to be a worthy leader if he can't even pick a remotely decent running mate.
Yes, by all means, Joe Biden can pass that sniff test. [/sarcasm]

Hello? Ross Perot and the Reform Party, which helped Bill Clinton win two elections on less than 50% of the vote...?

In case you haven't noticed, we're in 2008. There's really only the GOP and Democrats this election.

So I'm supposed to memorize the political views of every poster now?

No, if you weren't so quick to hit reply you'd notice I brought up jumping to conclusions. My point being, you see someone criticizing the Republicans and you just assume I'm some diehard liberal, not someone who is judging Palin objectively. Thankfully, I'm not an American so I don't have to make the extremely difficult choice between two bad candidates come November.

I guess he doesn't have enough money to buy himself into office how it's obviously done overthere :blink:

In case you haven't noticed, we're in 2008. There's really only the GOP and Democrats this election.
In case you haven't noticed, there is also Ralph Nader (running as an independent), Bob Barr (a Republican running as a Libertarian), Ron Paul (a Libertarian running as a Republican, presumably as a write-in), and Cynthia McKinney (for the Green Party). Practical alternatives? No. In fact, they're quite laughable. But the opportunity for them to have the same impact as Perot did 1992 and 1996 has always been theirs to exploit.

No, if you weren't so quick to hit reply you'd notice I brought up jumping to conclusions. My point being, you see someone criticizing the Republicans and you just assume I'm some diehard liberal, not someone who is judging Palin objectively.
No, I just assumed you had never heard Obama give his stump speech.