DMotor vs. TopGear special (english subs)

Also, the annoucer mentioned that Kiff the one-armed soundman lost his arm in a previous TG episode, is this actually true, and if so, what episode?
Ah, thanks for bringing this up! I was going to ask but forgot. Anyone have any information?

I actually liked D Motor and their style of presentation. Other than repeating some information several times (what show in the US doesn't spend 5 min after the commercial rehashing the story line?), I found it to be quite informative and interesting. Then again, I do have German heritage AND I'm an engineer. I'm programmed to enjoy technical information presented in a no-nonsense manner.

Many thanks to everyone who put this together

Ah, thanks for bringing this up! I was going to ask but forgot. Anyone have any information?

I thought it was a joke by the Germans to mock on the dangers at filming for Top Gear (which is not entirely off the way) ;)

As far as I remember, Jeremy said that guy lost his arm to a shark accident...?

Interesting to see this from the D-Motor perspective. The highlight for me was the conversation before the drag race "According to the Geneva Convention they have to supply us with food!"

As a german i can tell you that D-Motor is the best "action-orientated" car show in german TV, still TopGear and even Fifth gear are miles ahead.

What annonys me the most is the german speaker, who explains every detail several times for the last fool out there. Everybody with a bit of understanding what was going on could have figured out that the racing driver in the last challenge wasn't James, but still they explained it about 2-3 times...

Furthermore i simply cant stand Sabine, i don't know why many people like her so much. She might be a good driver, but her TV presentation skills are just awkward and i don't like her voice. Tim Schmitz however is great, if you search for D-Motor on youtube and watch his Car Reviews, you will see what i mean. He gives really usefull information from the view of a racing driver and those reviews most of the time are every entertaining, also he is quite funny.

However, the D-Motor view of this battle was quite interesting none the less, nice to hear that the Aston had quite a significant lead in terms of horsepower and the joking around of Carsten wasnt too bad either.

Still, theres nothing like TopGear UK on this planet :)

Thank the guy for his hard work

Thank the guy for his hard work

Instead of commenting about the Audio Quality how about thanking the guy for his hard work which he bothered to do because he cares about this community. I found the video hillarious, especially the part where they are undressing in the beginnig. I think someone can edit and make a video, first of top gear and d motor together.

Subbing is time consuming work, so definitely props for the subs.

This was a great alternate look at the episode from the German's perspective. I somehow thought that there would be two versions of the final race: One of Top Gear winning and one of DMotor winning so when they aired it in their respective areas, their show would be shown as the winner. I'm glad to see that wasn't the case, being a Top Gear fan.

Anyone else still get goosebumps when Stig comes out at the end of that race as the victor? :)

I watched it last night. I didn't notice any audio problem and the English subtitles are excellent!

With the exception of the narration I think the DMotor version is better than the Top Gear version.

My guess is that German narrators are paid by the word.

Did anyone else notice that for the drag race the Germans didnt even once mention the war even though the cars selected were from each side of the conflict.

That whole "war" thing is an exclusive British thing... no one else in the world still gets off on that ;)

So to prevent confusion among the majority of the German audience, who wouldn't be able to get most of the hints and signs anyway (and frankly none other than the British would), they just left it out ;)

Did anyone else notice that for the drag race the Germans didnt even once mention the war even though the cars selected were from each side of the conflict.

ykickamoocow, meet Question Mark.

?

Question Mark, meet ykickamoocow. Get to know each other; who knows, you might even become friends.

now thats cool :)

being german, i can totally second toxicals opinion. it might be the best german motor show, but the presenters are rather poor compared to the TG or FG cast, and the narrator ruins the rest. It's just not as classy as the british shows.

nevertheless, some of the original subtitles in the top gear version were rather far fetched, and of course, some information was added or cut out in those two perspectives. guess that's business as usual.

i still hope some station will broadcast TG in germany. on the other hand, german tv producers have the habit of screwing up a perfect show with incredibly lame sync voices that ruin the whole experience...

Thanks for the rip/subtitles! I loved watching this. The D-Motor crew is pretty cool, although they don't jive quite as well as Jezza/May/Hamster-- that goes without saying though.

My only complaint with the German show is the narrator... so furtive and over-analytical. I did like it when he sort of copied a Stig intro:

"Some say he is an F1 driver..."