Canadians: Your dreams have come true

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
HOLY SHIT! Like 5 years in the making and finally it's here.

Sucks I built my PC only a few months ago, but I got pretty good prices from NCIX anyway.

But in any case, should be useful for peripherals and random things anyway. Thanks for letting us know.

The number one place for quality computer hardware and other bits at great prices ;-)

saWEEET!!

I saw this, like, months ago and I was wondering when they'd finally get around to it!

Good thing, more customers means more weight in getting good deals on shipping and pricing to pass onto us.

ZOMG RICE COOKER!

It's prices still aren't as good as Tiger Direct's. I recently bought a Maxtor One Touch 4 Mini 160 GB 2.5" external HDD and it cost $70, while at newegg.ca, it costs $10 more.

Maybe newegg has some stuff that's cheaper. Next time I'm looking for something, I'll just take the cheapest one, obviously.

Yes, but you've forgotten one crucial thing about Tiger Direct: it's Tiger Direct.

The number one place for quality computer hardware and other bits at great prices ;-)

Not to mention fast shipping. My stuff usually gets here at least a day before the expected date.

It's prices still aren't as good as Tiger Direct's. I recently bought a Maxtor One Touch 4 Mini 160 GB 2.5" external HDD and it cost $70, while at newegg.ca, it costs $10 more.

Maybe newegg has some stuff that's cheaper. Next time I'm looking for something, I'll just take the cheapest one, obviously.

Even NCIX sometimes has cheaper prices than Newegg... you obviously need to shop around regardless of how good one store might be on its own.

Insane selection and awesome prices every day. You may be able to find a better price elsewhere via a sale, but on average Newegg has the best prices around.

Every single piece of hardware in my current computer as well as my last computer was bought via Newegg. Even the monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.

I WANT NEWEGG EUROPE! I MISS NEWEGG SOOOOO MUCH :(((((((

Even NCIX sometimes has cheaper prices than Newegg... you obviously need to shop around regardless of how good one store might be on its own.

NCIX tends to be awful on specialty items. I'm looking for a new film scanner, for the Plustek Opticfilm 7200 the prices are:

NCIX - $434.99, none in stock
TigerDirect: $243.99, in stock
Newegg.ca: $199.27, in stock

That's a huge margin, over 200% the Newegg price. :blink:

^ NCIX's regular prices are pretty high, but they do have a sale pretty much every single week of the year. It's just a matter of patience, and shopping around as I said already. :D

Plus they're in Vancouver so for people like me, even slightly higher prices are doable since you save so much on shipping costs.

NCIX is also lazy. Half the items they list online have no pictures, details or description; just a vague title.

I have been waiting for the store to go up for a while. I am looking the buying my first thing off them. A flatbed scanner. I have heard a lot of good things about them.