Paris Motor Show: Peugeot RC HYmotion4 Concept

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
The RC HYmotion4 concept is one of several hybrid concepts using a new through-the-road hybrid system being shown in Paris by Peugeot and Citroen. Unlike the hybrid systems used by current production vehicles, this one has no direct mechanical connection between the electric and internal combustion drive systems. The Peugeot RC has a turbocharged 1.6L four-cylinder in the back driving the rear wheels with 218 hp and 206 lb-ft of torque, while additional propulsion comes from a 70 kW electric motor situated between the front wheels. This way, the RC can operate in either rear-, front- or all-wheel-drive modes. That means it can also operate using internal combustion, electric only or blended modes, respectively. The 3,141-lb four-door coupe accelerates from 0-62 mph in just four seconds when both gasoline and electricity are flowing. The electrons are stored in a lithium-ion battery pack of indeterminate size, but having the electric motor at the front instead of the rear axle means that more kinetic energy can be recaptured through regenerative braking. According to Peugeot, the RC can get 52.3 mpg and output CO2 emissions of just 109 g/km. It's a trick system for sure, but there's no word on whether it's ever going to be produced.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/03/paris-2008-peugeot-rc-hymotion4-concept-gets-52-3-mpg/

http://img391.imageshack.**/img391/6798/00peugeotrcconceptparisei2.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.**/img391/4416/02peugeotrcconceptparisqg3.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.**/img391/9916/05peugeotrcconceptparisso0.jpg

With looks like that... and 52.3mpg. I say DO IT PEUGEOT.

And DO WANT!

The profile is almost perfect.

Make it bring it to the states and become rich :p

They won't get rich, Americans have even more brand hangups than other consumers. Also, they hate French crap now since about 2003.

But this car has a very sexy profile... make it already you Frenchies.

Looks fantastic - which makes me wonder why the hell their regular production models are so awful.

Looks fantastic - which makes me wonder why the hell their regular production models are so awful.

Exactly, they seem to do it alot with their concepts looking quite good then their production cars looking... challanged.

THAT IS THE BEST LOOKING CAR EVER! Build it now or suffer later!

WAAAAAANT!!

Let me add that this 4-door-coupe/super-saloon/super-estate/whatever-you-call-it/panamera/rapide looks sooooo much better than the crap that bmw/porsche/aston-martin/lamborghini are coming up with. and it's a frigging hybrid.. I thought I hated hybrids....

It's like an R8-gallardo-5series, and it looks good. I don't get it... why will they never actually build concepts like this, and why can't anyone else design something that just works?

EDIT: does it have boot space? what with rear engine front battery....

Last edited:
Woah. Is this their way of saying sorry for replacing their good looking old range with some very ugly new cars?

Hey! Looks like the new lambo crossed with an R8, except that the production model (if it reaches production) will look nothing like this!

What the hell is happening in the automotive world ?!?

First Aston and Porsche make 4-door saloons....and producing fugly....then from out of nowhere Lamborghini goes along making also one, not being so much beautiful than "cool" and "handsome" and "brutal".

And THEN of all the people the FRENCH make the Citroen GT concept which is biblically insane looking and now Peugeot with one of the most hideous looking ranges in the entire world suddenly make this.....this....well beautiful would just be the undestatement of the year !!

There isn't a single thing I can think that's wrong with this car's looks....it's just soooo beautiful it makes me cry. Now it would be such an easy recipe for magnificense.

All they need to do is forget about the hybrid, so they'll get the boot space, put in some 3.0 V6 at the front and make the interior wonderful. And most importantly just leave the looks alone. That is just perfect and for once a concept actually would fit straight on to the roads. Usually concept cars have thse wild 22" rims and no suspension give or perhaps windows so tiny you can barely see in or out.

My......all my life I have hated french cars and never ever has there been a french car I would even consider of buying. Until now. I do not care if it would be FWD and not be sporty....as long as it'll have a good, quality interior with fantastic seats and it rides fairly well.....I would buy it. I seriously would buy it over any BMW, Audi, Mercedes or anything else in that big 4-door saloon class. I would buy it just for the looks of it.

So. Beautiful.

The profile is almost perfect.

Agreed.

I'd love to see that as a 3-door coupe. Keep all the proportions, but just have one big door up front. I reckon it'd be even better-looking.

The front looks like a rabid Bugs Bunny, though...

You can't see what the front looks like from behind the wheel.

If Peugeot makes it, I'll have sex with a French woman. Without a noseplug.

Trust me, french women are hot (if you can avoid the smell and the armpit hair). GIS the President's wife if you want an example.

Dude, Sarkozy is THE MAN!