I think ive just realised what the problem is

it's pronounced Por-sha you clown not Porsh.

As typed by a German:
Porsche, a German proper name, is correctly pronounced PORSH-eh (?p?r??).

Regarding the pronunciation of Porsche, might I suggest that the fact that most people mispronounce it doesn't make it right.

You've said it yourself, that you've been saying it wrong. :p

Long time lurker second time poster (i think). Just about the presenters, i found them to have an interesting dynamic. Cox came across as a bit of a c*ck, but also in saying that he could have been told to act a certain way or he is trying to establish himself as being as dominant as Clarkson. His presenting style felt a bit off center and his off the cuff comments made me face palm. A few that made me cringe was when he repeatedly said "sorry" when they announced the GTR was the fastest as if it was regretable, we have Cox lamenting the GTR without giving it a fair chance. And when he repeated the word "wanker" came out as forced and kind of try hard. Thats the difference between TGUK and TGA, TGUK is unforgiving, it flows and in no way feels forced.
I think though Warren "Wozza" Brown is the better presenter, though i would find it funny to think James May the better presenter. Im not sure if its teh fact teh Warren has more TV experience or his personality fits the format better but he feels somewhat under utilized. Steven Pazatti, cant really comment on him other then he took a few shots at Warren, and he spoke to much during the laps.

Thats what i think, does any one feel this way as well?

For me, it was the accent.

*duck*

:p

+1 :p

I can help myself but I really dont like their accents, not that I have anything agains Australia, but somehow I have trouble understanding them quite cleary :D

and second thing I really hate is trying to completely copy TGUK... I mean I know the show is called that way but why do they had to make it exactly the same, when everybody knows that it will never be as good as original :)
It would be much better if they just went the own ways in creating the show...

and one more thing.... watching TGAUS made me realise exactly HOW GOOD fifth gear really is :p

so far there was only 2 shows for me: TGUK as the best of all and 5TH GEAR that was sometimes getting on my nerves.. but now after watching TGAUS fifth gear suddenly feels great :D

Last edited:
Heaven forbid an Aussie on an Australian show should speak like an Aussie. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of Australian's pronounce it Porsh. We pronounce other car names differently to other countries as well.

No excuse. How does Porsche pronounce it on their adverts? When one walks into a dealership, does the salesman say "Welcome to Porshhhh"?

That is something that drives me nuts. It's one thing if the company intentionally mispronounces its name in a market. E.G. "Nikon" is pronounced "Nee-con" in Japan but intentionally pronounced by the company as "Nigh-con" in the US, probably to sound less Japanese following WW II. But Porsche has never, as far as I'm aware, intentionally mispronounced its name.

Agreed. It was only their first episode. I didn't apprEciate the Aussieness of it all. I don't know any of my mates that use that many ocker quotes personally. Hopefully they become more themselves.

Either way, I'll give it a go. By the start of season two they should start hitting there stride.

C'mon series 1 episode 1 - give the guys a break.

I was entertained and I actually liked the show for me obviously it is familiar but also novel. I think that the presenters will slot in no probs too.

So - its OK and I will be acquiring this regularly.

There was something abit off about the first episdoe which i couldnt put my finger on at first but then i rewatched it and found out.
Yeah!
Same thing here. When I first watched the episode, something about it disturbed me, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

After reading this thread, I decided to rewatch the episode, and see if I could put my finger on the problem.

And indeed, after rewatching it twice, I believe I have the cause of the problem:

TGA1.jpg

TGA2.jpg

TGA3.jpg

TGA4.jpg

And indeed, after rewatching it twice, I believe I have the cause of the problem:

http://img264.imageshack.**/img264/408/61689864lz3.jpg
http://img293.imageshack.**/img293/2214/97331755pu3.jpg
http://img293.imageshack.**/img293/97331755pu3.jpg/1/w600.png
http://img147.imageshack.**/img147/2175/64962240wj9.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.**/img147/64962240wj9.jpg/1/w600.png[/spoiler]
http://img136.imageshack.**/img136/342/56291538xn3.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.**/img136/56291538xn3.jpg/1/w600.png

probably the clock which is way too close to the tv :lol:

probably the clock which is way too close to the tv :lol:

consider yourself neutral repped. A +rep because you're funny, but cancelled out by a big -rep because I fucking hate spiders. I hate them even more than I hate communists, and indian food, and neo-nazis, and onions, and sarah palin.

Can anyone remember the first few episodes of TGUK?!?!?

It was a bit naff, a bit disjointed and they had a presenter (who's name escapes me) who would appear and cause the whole show to fall into a hole of boredom and blandness (now replaced by James).

The real problem for TGOZ is that they will be compared to TGUK which has a three presenters that have developed a familiarity, have been presenting for many years with a tried and tested format.

Give the boys a chance...

- The Maybach "review" was so short as to be completely pointless. It has a back seat with headphones in it? Oooh. The lead-up was longer than the review.

- They completely missed the boat on the shark cage segment. All of TG's ludicrous experiments usually have a premise. This one didn't -- did they really think a shark would eat the car? No, instead it became an excuse to collect shark cage footage. Cool, but even my wife was asking what exactly they are trying to prove.

you summed these points up way better than i could ever do. i was also annoyed that the test track wasn't properly introduced, i could barely follow the test laps.

otherwise, i'll still give TGA a chance. TGUK wasn't crash hot in their first series either, so i'll reserve judgement until the chemistry builds up more between the boys.

ETA: SBS/Freehand - please dim the lights on the audience members! i find looking at their faces really distracting, they're lit up almost as much as the presenters (something which i've never noticed on TGUK) and i keep on glancing through the crowd looking for locals i recognise :lol:

Last edited:
REALLY? you people being critical of the first eppisode is just lame. Imagine iff you were on the first day of a new job and all your boss did all day was walk in and tell you you suck because your not as good as the old guy down the hall. give them a chance to mend.

we have been spoiled bu TGUK, they have the chemistry and the production staff not to mention the world class directors and a group of presenters and guests that know the formula. bottom line, it will take some time for this one to work, so just support it and keep posting reasonable gripes and im sure the bugs will be fixed over time and im allmost positive that season 2 will be 100 times better.

Can anyone remember the first few episodes of TGUK?!?!?

It was a bit naff, a bit disjointed and they had a presenter (who's name escapes me) who would appear and cause the whole show to fall into a hole of boredom and blandness (now replaced by James).

The real problem for TGOZ is that they will be compared to TGUK which has a three presenters that have developed a familiarity, have been presenting for many years with a tried and tested format.

Give the boys a chance...
Agree ... two thumbs up!!

I don't like the TGA version of Hammond. He's way too excitable and not at all funny. It'll take them a while to develop a dynamic, so I don't think I'll be watching again for at least another year.

The one thing that's really irking me now more than anything else is that they need to realize that not every single episode needs a challange in it.

The one thing that's really irking me now more than anything else is that they need to realize that not every single episode needs a challange in it.

That's probably for the general public watching that are just like "WOW EXPLOSIONS, FAST THINGS, STRANGE THINGS WOW!!!!!!!" who couldn't give a sod less about the more automotive specific things.

If it was all just reviews and power tests most people would probably just assume it's a re-named The Car Show which thankfully this is much better than that, much better.

Then again, that's just imo. :ninja: