Canadians: Your dreams have come true

Terrible timing...might have made a big difference a month ago since I finally have an up to date computer...after using a machine with a 1.7GHz P4 for almost 6 years.

Must....

resist urge...

too...

make...

Canadian... joke

Still doesn't make up for being Canadian though.:p

Couldn't do it.

^ Don't worry, we're not jealous people. When you're economy has fully collapsed, come up north and stay with us... you hoser.

I just purchased parts for a friends computer [as in like 2 hours ago] and NCIX was a total of 190 bucks cheaper than newegg... then again almost all of his parts where on sale at ncix.. haha

At least we have another good option though

I can't believe this has happened at last!! And not a moment too soon either. Great that newegg has finally arrived to Canada :D

I just purchased parts for a friends computer [as in like 2 hours ago] and NCIX was a total of 190 bucks cheaper than newegg... then again almost all of his parts where on sale at ncix.. haha

At least we have another good option though
Yeah, of course you'll beat Newegg with sales, but on average Newegg is gonna be the cheapest, especially when they have sales.

Yeah, of course you'll beat Newegg with sales, but on average Newegg is gonna be the cheapest, especially when they have sales.

That's not always the case... sometimes, and not that rarely, NCIX has cheaper regular prices than Newegg. Also, they have a sale going at any moment in time.

When I built my HTPC back in May, this is the list I made myself. Newegg.ca wasn't around but I did both Newegg.com and NCIX to see exactly how much more I'd have to pay as punishment for living up in Canada. As it turned out, I actually saved a bit on the whole package not buying from Newegg.

http://img74.imageshack.**/img74/7879/screencapturees8.png

In my defense, NCIX is Canada only and I had never heard of it before.

But still, can't be bad to have more choices! :)

^ No worries, I just want people to get the most out of their cash. Obviously you need to bargain hunt.

^ I knew there was going to be a huge price drop, but I couldn't wait.

Edit: Rats, looks like it's even cheaper than that - $180 after rebate. Oh well...

Last edited:
In my defense, NCIX is Canada only and I had never heard of it before.

But still, can't be bad to have more choices! :)

NCIX has American pricing too.. at the checkout you just click "American Checkout" rather than "Canadian Checkout"... lol

I do like another option compared to Tiger though.. and they have more spec's listed than NCIX does.. and looks like they have more stock too.

Oh, something important I forgot... Newegg.ca ships from within Canada, right?

Because otherwise it's totally useless.

Oh, something important I forgot... Newegg.ca ships from within Canada, right?
I would assume so. It'd be pretty pointless, otherwise. If all it took for them for them to have a Canadian site was to convert their prices to CAD, it would have taken them minutes, not months.

I would assume so. It'd be pretty pointless, otherwise. If all it took for them for them to have a Canadian site was to convert their prices to CAD, it would have taken them minutes, not months.

Thing is, Newegg.com wouldn't even sell to Canadian customers with Canadian credit cards. I can do this with Amazon.com, Zappos and a bunch of clothing retailers, and have it sent to a relative's house down south.

So I figured maybe Newegg just decided to reverse that decision, and opened up a Canadian website, still shipping from their warehouse in the US.

Edit: Couldn't find anything on their site about where it's shipped from. Their contact us page however, just has California phone numbers and address.

They might as well close up shop if they're shipping across the border. If that turns out to be the case, expect customs tax as high as 15 percent on your orders. :(

Last edited:
They might as well close up shop if they're shipping across the border. If that turns out to be the case, expect customs tax theft as high as 15 percent on your orders.
FIFY.

Customs theft .... QFT.

Agreed, I will never have something shipped in from out of Canada.

I bought a phone once from a Canadian site, and they sent the phone from Florida for no reason. I got a $160 bill for the customs tax, but I never paid it because FedEx had already paid customs upfront. If they hadn't, I'd have refused the package at my door. But they sent me the bill a month later, so I told them to fuck off.