Series 12 of Top Gear Start Date?

Aww, don't worry: :hug: It made me convulse in sheer terror, if that's any help. :mrgreen:

Does American Football ever over run?

Because if it does and Top Gear really is due to start on 26 October there could be a problem

Just got this from the Press Office site (available publicly from Wednesday) - I'll keep checking back to see if they add TopGear in.

BBC TWO Sunday 26 October 2008
4.30-7.00pm

Jake Humphrey presents live coverage from Wembley of the National Football League encounter between the San Diego Chargers and the New Orleans Saints.

This is the second time that the NFL has staged a competitive game in London, following last year's fixture between the New York Giants and the Miami Dolphins, which attracted more than 80,000 fans and proved a huge success despite the damp conditions.

San Diego will be hoping to emulate the Giants, who not only beat Miami but went on to win the Super Bowl itself the following February. Last season, the Chargers reached the last four and they will be expected to prevail at Wembley against a New Orleans side, who will be many people's sentimental favourites given the way their city has tried to rebuild itself after the destruction wrought by Hurricane Katrina three years ago.

Only if the teams are tied at the end of the 4th quarter, then they'll go into overtime. Which is rare, but it does happen.

Sorry, you lost me after "Only......."

Are we talking about that game that looks like rugby except they all wear spandex leggings, and Health and Safety suits in case of bruised egos or teeth?

Are we talking about that game that looks like rugby except they all wear spandex leggings, and Health and Safety suits in case of bruised egos or teeth?

oh god not this nonsense.

seriously though, can't wait for series 12

oh god not this nonsense.

Dude I was kidding - wouldn't be the true TG spirit if I didn't take every opportunity to have a wee dig at you guys. :p ;)

LOL - god what I would have given for a helmet or some padding during Rugby practice in school, in the winter on ice covered grass - oh well.

I was lost after Only as well :) Reminded me of the many many many times our Sports Producer has tried to teach me cricket.

Football often runs long even if it doesn't go into overtime. Also, in the US football is given 3-hour slots so I don't what the BBC is thinking here.

Maybe, but the majority of commericials are squeezed into timeouts or possesion changes since that would otherwise just be dead air time.

I'm guessing that the game actually starts before transmission so they will be able to do a rolling edit to ensure that it fits the time slot.

Either that or they are just confident the game will be played at a faster pace over here. After all a large percentage of Americans take over an hour and a half to watch "60 Minutes"........ KIDDING!!!!

Maybe, but the majority of commericials are squeezed into timeouts or possesion changes since that would otherwise just be dead air time.
Yes, the commercials are only shown when there's nothing happening on the field anyway. They don't stop the game for the networks. This makes me doubt that it is a live broadcast.

I would say that most of the play is dead air time too. I'm a big sports fan, but this one drives me nuts. No flow or anything!

Straight before the American Football there's highlights of the Rugby League World Cup.

Rugby League World Cup
Sunday 26 October
3.30-4.30pm BBC TWO

BBC Sport presents highlights of England's opening game in the 2008 Rugby League World Cup in Townsville, Australia. England, under the stewardship of Australian-born Tony Smith, will be hoping to at least reach the final ? many of their squad were part of the Great Britain team that beat New Zealand in the Test series last year and their star players are likely to include captain Jamie Peacock and newly-crowned "Man of Steel" James Graham.

The first World Cup was held back in 1951, but there have only been 11 tournaments since then, the last of which was eight years ago. Hosts Australia have lifted the World Cup nine times and will be favourites to triumph once again.

There will also be highlights of Australia's first match of the tournament against old rivals New Zealand, who they beat in the 2000 World Cup final at Old Trafford.

Coverage is presented by Dave Woods with studio guests Ian Millward and former Great Britain head coach Brian Noble.

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2008/10/10/new-series-start-date/
New series start datePosted by The Mole at 6:21 pm on Friday October 10, 2008 Amidst all the excitement of sending the presenters off to Vietnam we seem to have forgotten to mention when the new series of Top Gear is actually back on the telly.

TV scheduling is of course a murky business, and one that?s largely out of the production team?s hands.

The BBC actually has dedicated scheduling people and they use a variety of techniques to decide when shows should be on air, often revolving around sacrificing a chicken and reading the entrails, throwing a variety of different sized fruits at a wall and seeing which ones stick or feeding a pile of DVDs to a cow and seeing which one gets pooed out first.

Although in fairness, all those things only happened when we let The Stig go on attachment to the scheduling department.

Anyway, the upshot is that Top Gear was going to be back on 26 October but then there turned out to be some sport on or something and as a result the new series will now start on Sunday 2 November.

So don?t move a muscle until then.

Actually you probably should move at least some muscles. Otherwise you?ll get really hungry and start to smell.

Seems like TG have finally confirmed what Appplause Store appear to have known for some time. Bugger. Gonna have to makea mess on my calendar now.