Ambulance + car = wow?

upyourego

Car(s)
Learning to drive
As I was walking into work this morning I saw a bit of a car crash.

It was at a four way junction - an ambulance was speeding through the middle all sirens blazing and a car on the right was sticking out a bit too far.

The ambulance comes along and drives straight across the front of the car taking the bumber and half the bonnet with it.

The smell was incredible - the ambulance just carried on and got to hospital fine (it was only a minute away - within sight of where I was standing) but the car was left in a right state.

Is it wrong, does it make me weird that my first thought on seeing it happen (it felt like it was in slow motion - you could see it coming) was 'OH MY GOD THAT WAS COOL!".

And my second thought was - "I wish I had my camera"?

It wasn't until I got back into the officer (about 5 minutes later) that I though 'Oh god I hope nobody was hurt;.

What would your reaction be?

Damn those ambulances not obeying the 'Filter in Turn' signs.

I would rate the crash based on carnage and style. Points if the bumper came off cleanly without any other damage, points for a spectacular powerslide etc.

Bumper removed - 2 points
Bonnet partially removed - 1 point.
Extra lights and noise making devices - +1 style point
Carrying on in a dramatic fashion - +1 style point

Use of an emergency Vehicle - +3 Bonus points

9 Points total. Not shabby.

Note: extra points can be awarded based on the distance between all the car parts, the presence of sparks or fire, skid marks, peel-outs, tire smoke or other stylistic touches.

I didn't think of it in terms of points - but, as nobody was hurt - I think it was easily worth 9. There were sparks and you could clearly smell the burning rubber.

Oh and I think the ambulance gets another point for the way it just carried on going as if nothing had happened.

^ BUSTED.

officer-poster.jpg

The smell was incredible

Smell?

My initial reaction would be the same as yours, and as long as the ambulance was okay I wouldn't feel bad at all. Wouldn't care about the other driver at all.

I guess I wasn't the first to notice the officer bit either. :lol:

Edit: When I read the title of this, I thought of this:

justinsantosEcto01.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah it smelt like burning rubber and oil - fire/police and other ambulance arrived pretty quickly afterwards (within 5 minutes) as I heard all the sirens from my office.

To be honest I think it was all pretty much the fault of the driver - she was hanging out of the junction - there is NO WAY she couldn't have heard the sirens and there wasn't a car behind her - at least not one that would stop her reversing.

We all like carnage. If you really think about it it's kinda bad, but it's human nature to find that kinda stuff cool.

Bumper removed - 2 points
Bonnet partially removed - 1 point.
Extra lights and noise making devices - +1 style point
Carrying on in a dramatic fashion - +1 style point

Use of an emergency Vehicle - +3 Bonus points

9 Points total. Not shabby.
I'm no mathematician but...