Another day, another loss of important data in GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
2cgnasj.jpg

Except that it isn't?

Close enough for me.

I sense much faggotry and e-drama in this thread. This makes me lulz.

I was the first victim of neg-rep for pointing out that GB can be interpreted as gigabyte and not Great Britain, given the logical thread title. After that it all went to shit as the Germans and Slovenians gained up on me. Just like WWII bitches (wait, when was Slovenia invented?).

I was the first victim of neg-rep for pointing out that GB can be interpreted as gigabyte and not Great Britain, given the logical thread title. After that it all went to shit as the Germans and Slovenians gained up on me. Just like WWII bitches (wait, when was Slovenia invented?).

I'm no expert, but aren't units like megabytes and gigabytes usually abbreviated in lower case (mb and gb) ?

Then again, it is in the thread title, where Capitalisations Are Frequent.

Has anyone actually read the heading on this page?

Yes, but you need to tell that to the person who anonymously left me with a neg-rep, even though my first post was not derogatory.

I'm no expert, but aren't units like megabytes and gigabytes usually abbreviated in lower case (mb and gb) ?

Then again, it is in the thread title, where Capitalisations Are Frequent.

GB or Gbyte is the proper abbreviation per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigabyte

I deleted my posts because I was getting tired of catching neg rep for simply making a mistake about the country of origin while trying to make a joke about it, because D-Fence was so vague in his OP about providing any details (and I, too, confused GB with Gigabyte because it is very often written like this).

I wasn't flaming anyone or trying to act smart (which usually fails in my case). I just wanted to provide a bit of humor around here and got it wrong. So for that I deserve neg rep? Come on.

Last edited:
I deleted my posts because I was getting tired of catching neg rep for simply making a mistake about the country of origin while trying to make a joke about it, because D-Fence was so vague in his OP about providing any details (and I, too, confused GB with Gigabyte because it is very often written like this).

I wasn't flaming anyone or trying to act smart (which usually fails in my case). I just wanted to provide a bit of humor around here and got it wrong. So for that I deserve neg rep? Come on.

There is no laughter with ze Germans!

What the fuck is going on here, I gave you that because I am tired of people starting to whine when somebody doesn't like them.... on the internet.
Don't you have a pair of balls or something? The reputation system has a positive and a negative side for a reason. Can't stand all that "oh my somebody gave me a bad reputation" crap. Noone really cares how many green spots you have under your name anyway.

/rant

What the fuck is going on here, I gave you that because I am tired of people starting to whine when somebody doesn't like them.... on the internet.
Don't you have a pair of balls or something? The reputation system has a positive and a negative side for a reason. Can't stand all that "oh my somebody gave me a bad reputation" crap. Noone really cares how many green spots you have under your name anyway.

/rant

I think people are pussies for handing out negative reputation points for no good reason. I only do it in retaliation and sign my name. Of course I should have known better to post in a political thread started by your pal D-Fence.

yay for this thread! they should rename this : post pictures of your negreps

the gb/GB is something you can understand wrong, granted.
But how can you lose important data IN gigabytes? you can lose GBs of important data

whatever...

I think people are pussies for handing out negative reputation points for no good reason. I only do it in retaliation and sign my name. Of course I should have known better to post in a political thread started by your pal D-Fence.

Mine was for a good reason and yet you still retaliated.

It was for no good fucking reason. I never said shit to you or even insulted you, yet you decide to leave it anyway.

I thought you left an inappropriate comment, therefore I neg repped you. It shouldn't matter whether it was aimed at me or my country.

I thought you left an inappropriate comment, therefore I neg repped you. It shouldn't matter whether it was aimed at me or my country.

un-dee and D-Fence are German, IceBone is Slovenian. How was that comment not appropriate? I don't even think it was in poor taste. I've said worse things on FinalGear than that. Oh wait, maybe I shouldn't tell you that, since you feel it's your duty to be the neg-rep police here.

Status
Not open for further replies.