Hammond at the Wild Bean Cafe

theboyG

Car(s)
911(996) and BMW 330i (aka Crap!)
Utterly pointless post :)

My mate just had a chat to Hammond at the BP Garage in Colnbrook (A4) - he was off up town to a studio job. He was probably open to chatting as they are the same height.

Hammond's driver returned after a few minutes with BP's finest pattiserie and a Wild Bean beverage

Last edited:
So what did Hammond say, apart from "Two sugars please." ?????

Hammond's driver returned after a few minutes with BP's finest pattiserie and a Wild Bean beverage

He has a driver? A TopGear presenter has a personal driver?! This is shocking news.

He has a driver? A TopGear presenter has a personal driver?! This is shocking news.

It's quite common for the guys to get driven to a job. It's not a personal driver - it's a private car firm - basically a cab
(our company uses the same one as the BBC sometimes)

It's another one of those scandals that have rocked the BBC in the last couple of years. After 'phone voting scams, fake competition winners and an incorrectly named Blue Peter cat we can expect to see "The Wheels Have Come Off!! Petrolheads in shock worldwide as we reveal exclusively that none of the presenters of BBC's "Top Gear" can can actually drive!" on tomorrow's Daily Mail front page. Probably.

It's another one of those scandals that have rocked the BBC in the last couple of years. After 'phone voting scams, fake competition winners and an incorrectly named Blue Peter cat we can expect to see "The Wheels Have Come Off!! Petrolheads in shock worldwide as we reveal exclusively that none of the presenters of BBC's "Top Gear" can can actually drive!" on tomorrow's Daily Mail front page. Probably.

Oh! the shame. And they make it all look so real. :cry:

Utterly pointless post :)

My mate just had a chat to Hammond at the BP Garage in Colnbrook (A4) - he was off up town to a studio job. He was probably open to chatting as they are the same height.

Hammond's driver returned after a few minutes with BP's finest patisserie and a Wild Bean beverage

You write that line (in bold) and say your post is pointless? :lol:

'Wild Bean Cafe'. Anyone else think that is the gayest, most nauseating name for anything in the history of everything... ever?

You write that line (in bold) and say your post is pointless? :lol:

'Wild Bean Cafe'. Anyone else think that is the gayest, most nauseating name for anything in the history of everything... ever?

Well at least they probably saw eye to eye.....although Hammond sees eye to (third) eye with Clarkson!!!

Do mean gay in the old fashioned sense (homosexual) or in the modern teen parlance to mean lame or stupid?

They still have Wild Bean Cafe's in the UK? My wife was on the project team to switch them all (and I mean worldwide) to AM/PM.

They still have Wild Bean Cafe's in the UK? My wife was on the project team to switch them all (and I mean worldwide) to AM/PM.
Well she wasn't all that successful - there's still loads of them. :D

and I've never seen an AM/PM

They still have Wild Bean Cafe's in the UK?

BP have only just started inflicting those onto unsuspecting Australians in the last few months. Their coffee is bad. Starbucks bad.

I would also like to point out another useless factoid - this said BP garage of Wild Bean Heaven is on the A4, 1/4 mile from Spearmint Rhino's also on the A4. A short walk. Yes, I said walk :)

This is the same Spearmint Rhino as 'appeared' (or rather was the target) for one of the Top Gear driving challenges. Wasn't it the supercars for ?1000 ?

Perhaps said locality infers a special membership relationship

Update - Hammond was onhis way to a studio on the A40 - specificially for filming for Top Gear.

Well at least they probably saw eye to eye.....although Hammond sees eye to (third) eye with Clarkson!!!

Do mean gay in the old fashioned sense (homosexual) or in the modern teen parlance to mean lame or stupid?

Lame, stupid, hippy liberal rubbish way. I don't know why I used that word actually; it's not a word I ever use. I suppose it just seemed appropriate for such a vomit-inducing name.

Scenario:

Person 1: so where do you work?
Person 2: at the Wild Bean Cafe.
Person 3: after much laughing and a little bit of wee coming out where??
Person 1: A sex shop.
Person 2: cool.

Last edited: