Cars you just dont understand

Hey, look, the pot and the kettle are having an argument about who's relatively blacker. Entertainment abounds.

BMW_X6_concept_rear.jpg

So you have a tall heavy car that doesn't go offroad very well, a "coupe" that isn't that good looking, and a car that doesn't handle as well as a sedan. Why would anyone buy this monstrosity??

bmw135ivideo.jpg

Want a car thats a lot smaller, not that much cheaper, and uglier than the 3 series? Cocks, your cars have arrived.

But I can see the point of the 335i. Edmunds.com recently ran an automatic 335i to 60 mph in 4.9 sec. That's the old E46 M3's time. A bit more money for a lot more content compared to the outgoing E46 330i. The normally aspirated 328i is plenty fast, but the 335i is just so much more entertaining.

German Autobild Sports Car magazine measured the 335 Touring with 5,5 seconds from 0-100 km/h - but they also measured it with 343 HP, instead of the 306 it is supposed to have...

So no wonder it has astonishing acceleration.

From what I read here, the biggest problem is that nobody ever drove the cars they don't understand...

Correct me if I'm wrong but for understanding a car, it's most essential that you drove it. Otherwise any statement is just an assumption ad therefore quite worthless...

Well I've driven the cars I don't understand and to be honest that's what made me so irritated about them. Especially the newer Ferraris.

No, it doesn't :rolleyes:

How come?

When you have a van bought and driven by contruction workers and in the van's bonnet there's a symbol that it's exactly the same as that on the luxury sedan of some rich dude, isn't something wrong? How come BMW doesn't start producing commercial vans? Or Audi? :rolleyes:

How come?

When you have a van bought and driven by contruction workers and in the van's bonnet there's a symbol that it's exactly the same as that on the luxury sedan of some rich dude, isn't something wrong? How come BMW doesn't start producing commercial vans? Or Audi? :rolleyes:

Mercedes-Benz is also a traditional truck manufacturer, ever since Gottlieb Daimler came out with his first trucks in 1896.

The fact that Mercedes-Benz as a company also makes lorries in all sizes, as well as vans, buses, ambulances, fire trucks and military vehicles never had any effect on the image of the brand. That co-existence is as old as the company.

Audi and BMW have never been into that business. They are much, much smaller companies. So what?

I think people can differentiate between an Actros truck and an S-Class.

There's one thing they have in common, though: Both are the most advanced of their kind and set the standards for all others.

Last edited:
How come?

Ok, using your logic - please tell me that this is not cool!
The Black Edition Actros - V8, 612hp, 2700Nm
t5hcd89s.jpg

There's nothing wrong with Mercedes making commercial vehicles, they've always done it. And sometimes they get a little crazy making them (the Black Edition)

BMW_X6_concept_rear.jpg

So you have a tall heavy car that doesn't go offroad very well, a "coupe" that isn't that good looking, and a car that doesn't handle as well as a sedan. Why would anyone buy this monstrosity??

Audi has decided to counteract the X6 with that:

2961052082_77ab254075_o.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Convertible Rolls Royces and Bentleys confuse me. It's like adding an informal element to formal cars. Kinda like wearing a pair of Nikes with a tuxedo.

Rolls Royces and Bentleys have almost always been made as convertibles/dropheads.

I dont understand this recent trend of trying to make SUVs, both compact and bigger ones, look more like cars. I mean, I can understand building these types of vehicles more like cars with unibody platforms and stuff like that to save weight and increase gas mileage and safety, but when it comes to styling? come on, nobody's going to believe your big boxy family/grocery hauler is a car, or performs like one on the road, no matter how many curves or other car like details you add to it!

I do admit though, some of them are not bad looking, but if your driving around in one, theres no hiding that its an SUV, so why do they try?

Russian Ladas, as known as "Zhiguli", "VAZ", "Russian Mercedes-Benz"(I would find this man who created this expression, and wish to kill him cruelly), "Shity Wagon", "brick Car for playing TETRIS".

Just look at this! :? :puke:
2106.jpg

5daaba4ab766a49c40d5b842fa836354-d7.jpg

_2bc87_real.jpg

yak!

Audi has decided to counteract the X6 with that:
2961052082_77ab254075_o.jpg
What, in the name of Greek buggery, is that?

Put it away, it's making the kids at no. 18 cry.

Russian Ladas, as known as "Zhiguli", "VAZ", "Russian Mercedes-Benz"(I would find this man who created this expression, and wish to kill him cruelly), "Shity Wagon", "brick Car for playing TETRIS".
My mum had one of those - a 1979 Lada 1300. That's right, the predecessor to the Riva. It handled like a tank, all the instruments were in Russian, and she was pregnant with my brother at the time...

2106.jpg

_2bc87_real.jpg

yak!

Ladas kick ass! Cheap rwd cars with lots of character, that can't be bad!!

What on Earth is that? Looks like a Saab rear-ended a Ford Sierra very quickly, and that in turn rear-ended a Jag XJ. No way is that worth ?152k

Yes he'd be the one driving. :p

Last edited:
What on Earth is that? Looks like a Saab rear-ended a Ford Sierra very quickly, and that in turn rear-ended a Jag XJ. No way is that worth ?152k

Its a Bristol Type 603. That particular one is a 603 S4 (I think). I've always liked the Bristol design, but I would never pay that kind of money for one.

Edit: Damn, HatePersonified beat me to it.