It's Back! Melbourne/Vic Meet - 26th October > Southwest Vic & The Great Ocean Road

Sam, I think everyone should be okay with the cruise route. AFAIK, Silencer is coming to Geelong to meet us anyway.

Updated first post with new info ;)

This day draws ever closer. Shall we start asking for definite confirmations? Start organising mobile numbers if anyone gets off track? Start organising places for lunch? Start whatever it is Sam usually does organising these since he's such an ace guy? :p

hmm... I can go through my previous list of Mobile Numbers and see which new ones I have to add (ps. I will only get FG Members numbers)

Sam can organize the booking of the pub

I will also start printing Route Info, might start earlier so I can compile them in a better format instead of Printing GoogleMaps :p.

ps. Since my mates have managed to get 20Cars and have gone off on their cruise on their own, there won't be anyone attending the Pre-meet in Carlton at this stage. I will cancel it on Sat night if no one wants to show up :p

I will also start printing Route Info, might start earlier so I can compile them in a better format instead of Printing GoogleMaps :p.

Ok ... I shoulda thought about that yesterday (at work and have xerox machines at my disposal :evil: ) O well ... I'll make about 20 copies of the google map route next thursday to hand out then.

^I'll make a neater version eddy and email it to you by Wed Night? Google maps was next to useless on the first cruise :p

pm me your email

We are just over a week away, so if you are on the maybe list or your confirmed attendance looks shaky, let me know so I've got a good feel for what numbers to book.

Some confirmations from me + mates

Bakis (XR6 ED) - mia - is whipped so not coming
Adam (VT SS) - has had an ... incident ... car won't be tagging along but he will
My Uncles ... currently they'll meet us in our Geelong stop over .... in a Volvo C70 T5 loaner from Bilia (trying to convince my other uncle at least to bring Porsche for a good run)

Im def. in, +2 others. (mate and girlfriend)
Not sure if we will be in one car or two though.
We'll be joining in Geelong, if i haven't said that yet.

I'm confirmed I'll be there at the Docklands Meet Point

btw. As per Sam's (flyingfridge) advice, we'll have a quick top-up at the BP in Corio on the way into Geelong to be safe. Don't like running my car low on fuel, my car's fuel consumption ranges from 10-17l/100km depending on how often I boost... lol

Last edited:
Some confirmations from me + mates

Bakis (XR6 ED) - mia - is whipped so not coming
Adam (VT SS) - has had an ... incident ... car won't be tagging along but he will
My Uncles ... currently they'll meet us in our Geelong stop over .... in a Volvo C70 T5 loaner from Bilia (trying to convince my other uncle at least to bring Porsche for a good run)

Piss of whipped! lol came up quick as and cant get it off work :(, cant change shift for saturday cause already got plans, homo :p.

lame, whipped is a better excuse :p

lol, yeah guys would understand more if it was, but its not haha, o well all the money is going towards getting new suspension components so i guess its for a good cause lol, ill hear bout the day no doubt so enjoy guys and girls.

I'm gonna have to pull out. I'll be cleaning the car all weekend in preparation for putting it on the market. Don't want to risk anything happening to it, especially when there are such a large number of people going along.

aww, mate it's a cruise not a race meet! it's really a chilled out day, i'm sure the guys who've come on the cruises previous will back me up on that!

^yup... Watto, everyone drives at their own pace at the cruise. Obviously some like to drive more spirited than others but there are people with all different paces on the cruise and you'll snug into a group you're comfortable with.

We stop alot of times throughout the cruise to regroup and have a chat, tbh... throughout the day, we spend more time chatting than driving.

AFAIK, everyone on the past cruises have been very sensible and take safety first... and to ensure people keep coming to future ones. I hope that stays the same on this cruise.

My friend and I are both confirmed in with the MX-5's! Hoping for some sunshine !