The "New Toys" Thread

I'd do it the other way around, the revo is a better workhorse what with its plethora of buttons and superior ergonomics.

After a day of trying it, I'm inclined to agree with you :p
It's a good mouse, just not quite as sweet as the revo
Only paid 30? for it btw so it was worth the try :D

Holy fuck I've never seen that mouse before, what a weird shape! Very sci-fi.

New Gill waterproofs, wore them when teaching sailing saturday morning, so lightweight and comfy! Got them under 1/2 price online so was a bit worried about the fit but they are perfect and a bargain!

http://img521.imageshack.**/img521/4571/p1010001qb3.th.jpg

Holy fuck I've never seen that mouse before, what a weird shape! Very sci-fi.

It's actually a very comfortable shape, very light & accurate.
The mx revo is still a bit better imho as i'm not really a gamer except for the occasional round of crysis. I could imagine FPS gamers could go nuts for this one :)

Sapphire-Radeon-HD-4870-Kit.jpg

ocz_stealthxstream_1.jpg

popped these in the system on friday, all running lovely, just given Crysis Warhead a bash at max settings and it runs a treat. :)

I present to you the official World of Warcraft mouse:
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/21/62006.jpg

SteelSeries product info said:
World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse

- Macros up to 160 characters
- A total of 15 programmable buttons
- Over 130 predefined commands for drag-and-drop macro creation
- 16 million illumination choices with 3 intensity and pulsation levels
- World?s first gaming mouse designed exclusively for World of Warcraft?

I need a new gaming mouse.
Do you guys recommend the Logitech G5 or this, the G9?

I havent tried the G5 but this G9 is pretty damn good, the feel of it is amazing. Light and accurate, i still prefer my revo though, cuz i dont play that many games.

Still on my laptop at the moment ... the PC is formatting.
Here's the specs, but keep in mind that this PC is meant for music production, not gaming, so not so bad-ass on video, as most would expect, but big on processing and audio. Also, I went a bit on the cheap side with some things because I didn't have all that much cash to work with ... only what I got for my birthday and the little I had saved up over the summer.

CPU:
AMD Phenom X4 9750, Quad Core, 2.4GHz, 4Mb Cache

Motherboard:
Asus M3A79-T Deluxe, 6x SATA 3Gb/s, 8-Ch HD Audio (with 2 S/PDIF out 1 optical, 1 coaxial), GigaLAN, 12x USB2.0, IEEE1394, 4 PCIe slots (can work at 16x with 2 cards active)

RAM:
OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz Fatal1ty Edition
(4GB for now because I was strapped for cash and since I'll be sticking with XP 32-bit for now, it can't use more)
(will upgrade to at least 8-12 GB when I upgrade to a 64-bit platform ... as in 2010, when they stop upgrading XP :p )

HDD:
500 GB, 7200 rpm, 3.0 GB/s ... forgot brand, I bought it much earlier Seagate if I remember correctly
(but will upgrade soon to at least 1TB, maybe put 2 identical ones in RAID for backup purposes)

DVD-RW:
Samsung external drive (again, bought earlier, so I can't remember model, but it can do RW, DL and Lightscribe +/- any kind
(didn't buy a drive yet because I only need DVD now and will upgrade to blu-ray later - when I get more money)

Video Card:
EVGA e-GeForce 9400GT, nVidia GeForce 9400GT Chipset (550Mhz), 512MB (800Mhz) DDR2, Dual DVI, PCI-Express 2.0
(went on the cheap side on this one, I just needed a dual DVI card that can do HD stuff because I need dual monitors, not a gaming PC, so hey..)

Monitor:
Acer X193Wb 19" Black Widescreen LCD Monitor, 1440 x 900, 300cd/m2, 2000:1, DCR, 5ms, VGA
(only 1 for now, will buy a second one when I get more money)

+ your regular multimedia USB keyboard, your regular optical Logitec USB mouse
+ my Logitech 2.1 speaker system which I bought earlier for my laptop, but now it's going on this one
+ Native Instruments Kore 2 (if you don't know what this is, look it up, you music production freaks will hate me for this one)
+ M-Audio KeyRig 49 MIDI Keyboard (a nice musical keyboard for my computer ... comes in handy sometimes)

Hopeful future upgrades summarized:
-second LCD monitor, maybe even second video card and 3 more monitors
-4GB of RAM
-2x1TB HDDs
-Blu-Ray writer
-external professional audio interface (looking into an M-Audio one ... but whatever I can find then..)
-studio monitor speakers (haven't decided which kind)
-studio monitor headphones (yes, very expensive ones with very good mufflers)
-audio mixer controller (anything with moving faders and at least 8 channels per page ... they're kick-ass)
but yeah, despite all the needed upgrades, I took a large step forward into making myself a good home music studio)

Now I need a new desk especially for this new computer ... because I use my one and only desk for studying too, and well ... the keyboard and the monitor don't quite leave much space. Have you guys ever bought something that you knew you had no room for but it was so important to you that you had to get it, whatever the inconvenience? That's what this desktop PC is for me ... I don't know where I'll put it ... but hey, it's here and I'm very happy. :D

And can I just say that mail-in rebates are the work of the devil? Seriously now ... you still pay the sales taxes for those odd $50 you're supposed to save and after that you have to pay for postage too. :mad: