UK Stig vs OZ Stig

The Stig can't be an Aussie. If he was, he'd drive with his left hand at the top of the steering wheel and his right arm would be hanging out the window.

I would like to see the 2 STIG's have a race on the TGUK test track in 2 Veyrons!

TGA Stig seems like an idiot. He didn't know how to handle the Holden in the last episode and kept sliding it everywhere

not sideways just round in circles:p

seeing a topgear showdown UK v AU v US v Rus v Dmotor or at least UK v AU would be bloody epic but as mentioned i hope they dont until the au hosts get a bit better at the whole top gear thing never mind the US and the russians who ahvent even started

it would be a competition either way tho Uk stig is 1000times better the aus stig driving skill wise.

i do hope jeremy and hammond do something with the TGA guys while there here for TGlive a challenge maybe or at least clarkson/hammond being the SIARPC would be a great episode just not a stig battle yet

also having said that if the TGA guys come anywhere near the TGlive show im goin to rip my ticket up

This may be the spelling if one believes the false etymology, that the word is an acronym for "Prisoner Of His/Her Majesty".

As it is slang there is no real correct selling.. pohmy, pommie, pommy, pomy, pom, pohm...

The "pom" slang most likely came from calling recent arrivals from Britain in the early colony "pomegranates" as they often turned as red as one.

Early convicts never had "POM" or "POHM" written on their backs, definitely an stralian mythology.

As it is slang there is no real correct selling.. pohmy, pommie, pommy, pomy, pom, pohm...

The "pom" slang most likely came from calling recent arrivals from Britain in the early colony "pomegranates" as they often turned as red as one.

Early convicts never had "POM" or "POHM" written on their backs, definitely an stralian mythology.

Clearly there is no real selling, because the words aren't for sale.

And isn't it funny that dictionary.com has an entry for pom, but not pohm, pommy and pommie but not pomy or pohmy.

Looks to me like there is a correct spelling even though it is a slang term.

^ Yeah, but language and spelling is constantly evolving and things do change. Where I come from, colour is spelled with a "u", but I would think that world wide, more people would spell it the American way (color). If enough people start spelling pom, pohm ... the dictionary may change. Who would've thought 15 years ago that D'oh would be a word in the Oxford English dictionary? :)

the TGA stig drives like a Supercar V8 driver, you can tell by the way he takes corners

UK Stig is definately multiple drivers most of the time its some sort of Formula Cart Driver or a WRC driver

who is TGA stig?

Steve Pizzati in a fat suit. :p

It saves Freehand from having one more employee on the payroll, hopefully they use the money saved to buy an extra camera for the track work eventually ...

^ :lol: is Aussie Stig really that fat??

It would make sense really to make Steve the Stig (and Charlie does comment a lot about how the Stig drives like Steve). They could also use the money saved to employ another cameraman...

ahhh :) I never really noticed the build of the Aussie Stig, although I don't think I've ever seen him out of the car so it's hard to tell.

Is it just me, or does AU stig, have an unusual driving style? i assumed it would have been the left elbow leaning on the centre console and gear stick, and right hand on top of the wheel, with head and torso leaning to the left position!

as far as I can see, the AU stig is not a racing driver. or not had many races.