The Big Book Of Top Gear

It's written by script editor Richard Porter (sniffpetrol.com) so could be quite good if it's along the same style as his website.

Last edited:
It is funny, definitely the same kind of humour as on the show itself, and often very much at the expense of the three presenters, plus the Stig of course. It's not to be confused with the kid's range of TG books that are also out there, nor with the TG 2009 Annual, which is also for kids.

Won't take you long to read though, and it may only have limited re-read value to you; I can imagine a lot of them ending up in charity shops one day!

Last edited:
I'm holding fire as it's my birthday next week and someone may buy it for me, although as I reckon it's probably only a half hour read or so I probably wouldn't spend the money on it myself but that as much because I am a complete tightwad as much as anything else.

Well, it may only be a kids' book, but I will treasure my copy of 'Best Bits: Winter Olympics' forever. Mind you, I did write it...

Thanks to Amazon.co.uk's speedy US shipping, I received my copy earlier in the week, and just got done reading it. Parts of it are most excellent, some of it is not. None of it is terrible, and I did not expect to flip the page and suddenly see "GOOD NEWS!!!!" I definitely laughed out loud at that randomness.