[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. Can't wait to see Parky on the show. He and Jezza have been going back and forth for a long time now. :)

Question is....can he get round the track faster than Terry Wogan. ;)

FYI - Wogan got around the track in the Liana in 2:03.4

To be honest some people here are overreacting to the 911 review. So what if it's been in every season? I could say the same about Ferrari. Nobody seems to be whining about that.

I'm looking forward to the GT2 review although I think pitting it against the 560-4 is a bit of a one-sided comparison.

The lorries thing sounds suspiciously reminiscent of the tractors challenge from Season 9, but I still enjoyed that despite its flaws so here's hoping I enjoy the former too.

Last edited:
If its not a Labrador, but a Labradoodle it cold be the comeback of Top Gear Dog - afaik Hammond and his family adopted her after she was written out of TG after one season, so it would not be a problem to bring her back.
As she was completely useless back in Series six (was it six) that would indeed be a surprisingly talented dog.

Finally! Cheap lorries should be fun and there are 2 awesome supercars in same episode. A nice start for the series.

Btw. Is that a Veyron in the TG track on 0:17?

Sweet. Can't wait to see it :)

I'm a bit surprised that they seem to be pitting the CTS-V, Corvette ZR1 and Dodge Challenger SRT-8 against each other. I would have thought the new boy would have garnered a solo test, or even better, a comparo with Hammond's old one. I'd think he'd like the old one more, because of all the selling out he had to do to get it. :p

BTW, third time for the Corvette (standard, Z06 before) and CTS (standard, last-gen V) each. As for the "too many repeated cars" beef, I say that's the consequence for focusing on "driver's cars" and the extreme. They don't even use the old "Most Important Car Of The Year" line anymore. Fifth Gear doesn't suffer from that same problem, but I don't think anyone's really clamoring for another test of the Ford Kuga or Hyundai i800. That said, I could see them taking the VW Scirocco, Passat CC or mystifying BMW X6 out for a drive.

P.S.: And the Veyron finally gets on the track, it appears. Two races and a top speed run are nice, but I've

Last edited:
So they've tested the current 911 by itself on the track when it came out, Clarkson did a road test of the Turbo, and Hammond drove the 911 in the Alps, on the Isle of Man, and against the R8 in season 10. Clarkson has tested the Gallardo on the track when it came out, the convertible on the track when it came out, and the Superleggere in the Alps. Talk about overkill! Any other tests of these 2 cars that I've forgotten about?

Well this is the NEW gallardo, the LP560-4, but i doubt it will be able to top the GTR, which would be sad seeing it costs about 3 times as much, and has 100bhp more than it. but then again the GTR was faster than the Murcielago LP640- 4, so its really going to be hard for the gallardo, since it will also have to beat its big brother.

I love the challenges they do. This looks like a great episode. But 8 days wait is like putting a cookie out of my reach D:

In a recent test of car Magazine, de LP560 was a little bit faster than the GT-R...but when u look @ the price difference.....

look awesome

BTW does any one know what happened to the segment where Richard is in front of old cars (maybe race cars?) and he says "now lets not get caught up in the crashing"

Finally! Cheap lorries should be fun and there are 2 awesome supercars in same episode. A nice start for the series.

Btw. Is that a Veyron in the TG track on 0:17?

Pretty sure it is. It's certainly stig sitting in a Veyron. Can you imagine after all the build up if it's only average around the track!?!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.