It's Back! Melbourne/Vic Meet - 26th October > Southwest Vic & The Great Ocean Road

Nice work! photos look great!
I think next time I go on a cruise i might co-pilot for someone else so i can play with my camera more.
Those group shots in particular look awesome.

EDIT:
Hehe i just remembered the angry guy in the van who drove past when we all got back to Apollo bay... and then drove past us again where the WRX broke, and he had to drive through the smoke the XR6Turbo just left behind. lol

Last edited:
Nice work! photos look great!
I think next time I go on a cruise i might co-pilot for someone else so i can play with my camera more.
Those group shots in particular look awesome.

EDIT:
Hehe i just remembered the angry guy in the van who drove past when we all got back to Apollo bay... and then drove past us again where the WRX broke, and he had to drive through the smoke the XR6Turbo just left behind. lol

How'd the commodore go in the twisties?

Also good to see you guys had fun :D

How'd the commodore go in the twisties?
Also good to see you guys had fun :D

You could really tell how big it was. I was trying to use all the road that i could without slipping into the other lane, or getting too close to the guardrails. Fat A-Pillers didnt help much on the blind corners either. Other than that I think the car was great, My driving could definately improve though!! :lol:
I really wasnt game enough to try to keep up with the front runners, But i really enjoyed the drive. Especially on the run to lavers hill and back, Those big sweeping bends were great.

I think Ill just have to keep coming on cruises and practicing. The girls had a great time too, I wouldnt be suprised If Ali and I both bring our cars to the next one.

Last edited:
hahaha lol wink wink lol u should have seen the photo shoot opportunity i gave the crew after i left hahaha

Ok boys n girls

http://photos.techtorque.net/index.php

Here's my photos. They're nothing special cause I was driving and co-pilot took most but they convey the most important parts. For those interested, this is my FlickR away from FlickR (and I put shots up from the last cruise too.)

Oh and I'm unofficially awarding myself the award for greenest car on the cruise...

trophy.jpg

After 450kms (still another 150 till home) with 26L of fuel (my tank is only like 30, we filled up at a station on return to Geelong for 1.32 (cheaper than Melb..) That's like 6.6L per 100km ....

freeway?

the panning when we were parked on sand and you all drove past?

yeah my co-pilot hasn't quite managed the panning thing yet so they were pretty bad .... I'll see if I can salvage some more for tomorrow night.

na... on the way into Geelong, I believe your Co-Pilot took some pics of the Forester... not sure if it turned out well though

Hey Ross, I just went thru my photos and it would appear I don't have any good ones of your car at all. I was originally going to take some at Bunnings but forgot. Would have been a good idea as all the cars were quite dirty by the time we even got to Apollo Bay.

Hey Ross, I just went thru my photos and it would appear I don't have any good ones of your car at all. I was originally going to take some at Bunnings but forgot. Would have been a good idea as all the cars were quite dirty by the time we even got to Apollo Bay.

Ohh thats ok...thanks anyway. Rest of the photos look great though!