The italian police got a new Lamborghini

Well I'm pretty sure blue interior is a standard option on the Gallardo, so I'm sure plenty o' people like it.

I'd love to see both side by side.

I?m surprised that nobody said : Look its an AUTO ! :eek: Cops cant drive a stick :D

So do lowly troopers get to drive it or is it reserved for the highest ranking officer in the force?

So do lowly troopers get to drive it or is it reserved for the highest ranking officer in the force?

If you were the chief and it was your dept that paid $$$ for the car, would you allow the lowest ranked schlubs in your dept drive it? I think you've answered your own question.

Really would be worth breaking the law if you get hauled of to prison in that.

Mind you, not quite as impressive as the Metropolitan Police's Caparo
In_Gear_410694h.jpg

Kind of.
Lamborghini Gallardo In 2005, the Met?s traffic police were more keen than usual for a spot of overtime. And who could blame them when there was a bright yellow Lamborghini Gallardo in the garage ? complete with blues and twos?

Lotus Exige Unlike some of the high-performance police cars, this supercharged Lotus Exige served on duty with Sussex police last year, helping engage young drivers and highlight the dangers of reckless driving.

I'm really impressed that you can get that kind of mileage out of a Lamborghini... You wouldn't get that out of a Peugeot or Renault with a tenth of the power. I guess that's Audi's influence at play.

why do you think this? I know plenty of people who have Peugeots with 200k+ kms on the odo, still going strong.

The interior of French cars does fall apart, but after everything has come off, all the rest is quite reliable

Really would be worth breaking the law if you get hauled of to prison in that.

So...if you were the cop driving the Lambo, where exactly would you put the perpetrator to haul him off to jail? The nonexistent backseat? Chop him up to bits and stuff him in the front boot?

So...if you were the cop driving the Lambo, where exactly would you put the perpetrator to haul him off to jail? The nonexistent backseat? Chop him up to bits and stuff him in the front boot?

Oh for God's sake, can you stop replying like that?

Plus, obviously he's kidding... I don't think a ride in any car would be worth going to jail.

IIRC from a Test Drive Magazine about the first police Lambo, it's the traffic cops who drive it, as long as they've been on a high-speed driving course first.

Also, this beats the Met vehicles as they were all done for PR, this one actually works the roads.

I bet those Lambos have more miles one them then every single lambo built in the past 3 years combined.