Doctor Who

^ That will refer to a previous episode, and thanks to wiki, I found it is this one. So from quite a while ago. Do we think they have been planning this episode for that long?

Last edited:
I enjoyed the ending too, very dramatic. It didn't really tie up very well with the second doctor or the mind wipe thing, but if Catherine Tate isn't doing any more Who then they had to write her out in some way. Shame that there was no cliff hanger for the Christmas show though, just a preview.

^ That will refer to a previous episode, and thanks to wiki, I found it is this one. So from quite a while ago. Do we think they have been planning this episode for that long?

Not quite that long....

What happened was they got Eve Myles for that episode, thought "She's a great( actress" and thus had her in their heads when they started casting Torchwood.

Same thing happened to Freema Agyeman, actually (Martha).

Absolutely loved the episode, the previous episode was more action-packed, while this plays on the human and emotional side of being a "children of time". As mentioned earlier, RTD really pulled out everything trick and more for this finale. Seemed a little forced at times but I'll forgive him since it's his last episode. Was a good ending for Rose's plot, don't forget, she is fond of this version of the doctor. And better still, her version of the doctor can't live forever.

Liked the little conversation between Cpt Jack and Martha, and later on Micky. It is a known fact that Martha will be joining TW, but what about Micky? Since he's back on this earth... he lost 2 members in his team, and he's a pretty good warrior now...

....speaking of which, why was he allowed to stay on this Earth but Rose had to return back to the parallel Earth? Anyone still remember what happened in Series 2?

That episode was such crap. Good riddance, RTD.

^ That is a very good link into a point I've recently been thinking about. And I'm not criticising anyone here. But, Doctor who is one of those shows which gets such unpredictable results. Episodes which I have loved, many have hated, and then loved others I loved. And the other way around. The makers have managed to make a show which no-one can predict people's response to.

I have a friend who (like you) constant talks of how bad RTD's writing is, then suddenly loves some of his episodes. I just don't get how they managed to make a show where the reaction to it cannot be predicted.

I know what you mean Speedtouch. The episodes are really varied. For example i was really looking forward to the Steven Moffat this series after how good Blink was last year, but i was abit disapointed by it. I thought some of the RTD ones at the end would be crap but Turn Left was incredible, and the second to last episode was too.

The one that stuck with me was the war time one from way back with the kids in gas masks - still has me thinking about it - how odd.

The one that stuck with me was the war time one from way back with the kids in gas masks - still has me thinking about it - how odd.

That was Steven Moffat's first ep.

^Yeah, freaked me out actually....." Are you my mommmyy....???"

/shivers

David Tennant quits as Doctor Who

David Tennant quits as Doctor Who

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I thought this was the best spot for it. Hopefully, this isn't old news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7698539.stm

David Tennant is to stand down as Doctor Who, after becoming one of the most popular Time Lords in the history of the BBC science fiction show.

Tennant stepped into the Tardis in 2005, and will leave the role after four special episodes are broadcast next year.

Three years was "about the right time" to play the role, he told the BBC.

He made the announcement after winning the outstanding drama performance prize at the National Television Awards.

It'll be a shame to see him go, but the storyline will have to get good (especially with the excellent Moffat at the wheel) for this to go through. Can't wait.

I thought he was great too, but after 3 years the show could do with a fresh face I suppose. I wonder who it will be, and how much we wil originally hate them, but love them after a year or so. :)

For example i was really looking forward to the Steven Moffat this series after how good Blink was last year, but i was abit disapointed by it.

Which episode was that? Don't take any notice of the writers. :D

Last edited:
Guess I am alone on this, but I've been hoping for a new doctor ever since David Tennant took over from the brilliant Christopher Eccleston. Not that Tennant was bad, i just found Ecclestone better at every aspect, from making me laugh to believing he wasn't a human being. Moffat's writing is great, now bring Eccleston and Kylie back :D

I thought he was great too, but after 3 years the show could do with a fresh face I suppose. I wonder who it will be, and how much we wil originally hate them, but love them after a year or so. :)

Agreed. Same when Rose went and Martha joined, didn't like her at first but was sad to see her go. Once again with Donna, absolutely hated her personality with the screaming and all, but it grew on me and it was sad to see her lose her memory in the end.

Probably will be the same with the new doctor. He sure has big shoes to fill.

Which episode was that? Don't take any notice of the writers. :D

The two set in the library.

I'm a bit sad to see Tennant go, but I'm more annoyed about how this has come out. Remember how shocked we all were at the end of New Who series 1, when Ecclestone regenerated? It was completely out of the blue.

Now we know one's coming, it's a bit less exciting.

Agreed. Same when Rose went and Martha joined, didn't like her at first but was sad to see her go. Once again with Donna, absolutely hated her personality with the screaming and all, but it grew on me and it was sad to see her lose her memory in the end.

Probably will be the same with the new doctor. He sure has big shoes to fill.
I've got to agree with that, i absolutely hated Donna but that last episode was a tearjerker!

This does kinda ruin it, but we don't know who will replace him though. I really hope its someone who can make me laugh and cry in the same episode. I wonder though, cause tennant definitely played the lonely and vengeful doctor who says "he is fine alone but really isn't" while also bringing comedy into it, that the next doctor will be able to reach and raise this bar. it's kinda like the funny comedian coming in after the hilarious comedian, the crowd is always expecting more and better.