Suspension is just a blur

Ricky_M

Car(s)
No car
Hi,

What was the episode when (i think) Jeremy said "his suspension is just a blur"
That made me laugh and i cant find it. It wasn't the British Leyland episode or the ?1500 coupe challenge, i have already checked those.

Could someone help me please.

Thanks

Or it could be the original amphibious car challenge where they comment on Jezza's Toybota and how much it's bouncing around on the road. Your quote sounds more like the comment from the African adventure though :)

It was the Leyland episode, they were talking about one of the cars on the rough road egg-cap test (French paving?). Think it might have been Hammond's Dolly sprint, because it was James who actually said it. The whole line was something like "You can see how hard the suspension is having to work, it's just a blur."

The only other episode that use a rough road was the cheap coupe challenge, but they had water in that so I'm pretty sure it wasn't that.

It was the Leyland episode, they were talking about one of the cars on the rough road egg-cap test (French paving?). Think it might have been Hammond's Dolly sprint, because it was James who actually said it. The whole line was something like "You can see how hard the suspension is having to work, it's just a blur."

The only other episode that use a rough road was the cheap coupe challenge, but they had water in that so I'm pretty sure it wasn't that.

Anorak ! (or Anorach if u prefer)

Anorak is fine. I've watched that ep loads of times (my favourite from S09). :D

It isn't from the Leyland episode. It was indeed from the African special. He said it when they went offroad for the first time, at around 9 minutes ;)

Eh, so it was. :lol:

It isn't from the Leyland episode. It was indeed from the African special. He said it when they went offroad for the first time, at around 9 minutes ;)

Spot on :)
I've just double checked.

Thanks for the replies guys :) Will have to watch that episode now!

In one of the news segments when they are talking about a stupid car James says "right this **** car." Was wondering what episode that was from, when James is trying to find out something about this car

Thanks

Nah, i checked that episode, sometime in series 6, with the urine used to clean up the fumes. It's not in that episode...

Oh yeah, doesn't he say that and then throw the scripts on the floor or something? :lol:

Good times.

On the subject of Clarkson quotes, I wonder if anyone recognised this one:

"CHEESE! This accelerator is made of CHEESE!"

I'm sure it was him, having quoted it off a friend who I know watches a lot of Top Gear. But I can't for the life of me remember where it might have been. This may involve me watching all those old annual Jezza videos...