The next giant LEGO man appears on a beach....

D

D-Fence

Giant Lego man appears on beach

It is not known where the giant Lego figure came from

1.jpg

lego-man-brighton_1017813c.jpg

Mystery surrounds the appearance of a giant Lego man on a beach in Brighton.

The 6ft-tall (1.8m) red, green and yellow figure has the slogan "No Real Than You Are" painted on the front and some words written in Dutch.

Brighton resident Peter McNiven said he had spotted the figure in the water while walking to work this week.

It is not known if the figure washed ashore or was carried to the seafront. A Lego man with the same slogan appeared on a Dutch beach last year.

Mr McNiven, 32, who works for a digital marketing company, said: "I just happened to stumble across him on Wednesday morning.

"I took a couple of pictures because it's not something you see every day.

"There's a lot of talk about him coming over from Holland to here, but there's no tide marks on him."

A spokesman for Brighton and Hove City Council said it did not know how or why the Lego man had appeared on the beach.

_45161680_legomandutch226.jpg

The Dutch Lego man was pulled out of the sea last year

He added the figure had now been taken away.

In August 2007 a giant Lego toy, bearing a close resemblance to the Brighton figure, mysteriously appeared on Zandvoort beach in Holland.

And Like the Brighton Lego man, there was no official explanation about where the giant plastic toy had appeared from.

The blue and yellow figure was pulled out of the sea and bore the same slogan "No Real Than You Are".

I say LEGO is in reality aliens who try to brainwash our children. Worked fine for me. ALL HAIL LEGO!

Usually small object look cooler when they appear in larger form but these LEGO men are just creepy.

I, for one, welcome our new Lego Overlords.

Strange. They're on that site, but maybe it's a stunt and they're deliberately being put there. You don't make giant lego men for nowt!

Brighton's West pier is a bit worse for wear these days.
It looked more like this when I went a few years back.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/11/02/36586498QGvodM_fs.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is full of win. :lmao:

lego-man-brighton_1017813c.jpg

The 6ft-tall (1.8m) red, green and yellow figure [...]

Either the perspective is strange or that woman is seriously tiny.

I've just come up with next year's Halloween costume...