I wonder where he got this idea?

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
http://gizmodo.com/5069422/the-muppets-animal-caught-speeding-driving-police-crazy#c8566618

This made me laugh.

And on another note, this did too.

In a story that will please Jeremy Clarkson and others suspicious of any road-safety measure, a Romanian man received a speed ticket for driving at 310mph. The 62-year-old had been driving a 15-year-old Renault K65, which he claimed he could barely get to 70mph.

Police suspect that a radar malfunction may have been responsible for the ticket, meaning the driver will not be needing Mr Loophole to explain why he was exceeding the top speed of a Formula One car.

:lol: You can just hear the head of the Traffic Police now....

"Ziss Englander, he is making us look like Mupp......Idioten!"

Judy - I assume you mean inspired by Clarkson and his Bill Oddie mask that he used while crossing Japan? Thought I'd clarify that for those who might wonder why this was in the TG section and not elsewhere.

(Note for non-UK members - Muppet is used here in the UK as a term for a fool or idiot.)

Last edited:
I heard about the 310mph guy on TV.

And what makes it most ridiculous is that he got caught with that speed on possibly the busiest road in Romania, which is the ringroad around Bucharest, and at pretty much rush hour. :lol:

No one bothered to think until after the ticket was issued that it may be, oh I dunno, WRONG? :blink: :lol:

the muppet thing is hilarious. it's even funnier that they're in such a tiff about it.

A German policeman in Tiff? Shouldn't that be in the Fifth Gear section?

Hardly surprising - always suspected Needles might be an occasional "wide receiver" as it were......:lol:

Note to any Needell fanbois and gerlz - I'm kidding!

A German policeman in Tiff? Shouldn't that be in the Fifth Gear section?

Hardly surprising - always suspected Needles might be an occasional "wide receiver" as it were......:lol:

Note to any Needell fanbois and gerlz - I'm kidding!

/facepalm

lol wtf unless his rennault was hiding the veyron with a trust SSC underneath, i dont think thats possible. doesnt any one atleast look at the ticket before sending it out?

:lol: You can just hear the head of the Traffic Police now....

"Ziss Englander, he is making us look like Mupp......Idioten!"

Judy - I assume you mean inspired by Clarkson and his Bill Oddie mask that he used while crossing Japan? Thought I'd clarify that for those who might wonder why this was in the TG section and not elsewhere.

(Note for non-UK members - Muppet is used here in the UK as a term for a fool or idiot.)

Muppet is also used in Australia for the same thing.

It would be fun to make a pitching machine that can throw a ball at close to 100 mph. Just set it up next to a camera and fire it off every time a car goes by. After enough of those tickets being issued to old ladies and tractors they would have to examine the camera - and find no fault. I wonder if they would remove it after enough "false" readings?

I always thought those Renaults were under-rated driver's cars.