headlights

lurch50

Car(s)
2000 nissan altima GLE
hey wats up every 1, i recently bought a 2000 nissan altima GLE and im looking to get some new head lights for it but so far my search has been real annoying lol. I was thinking angel eye headlights, halo headlights etc etc but I cant seem to find a website that has them for my car. Also I saw audi has some new head lights, LED I believe (http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Audi/R8/R8/audi_r8_led_main.jpg) if I can get something like that I be ecstatic. If some one can give me some ideas or send me some links with some nice headlights I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

How much horsepower does that add?

Angel eyes are 10 hp at least, 15 if you have a turbo. And they give you the super-zoom view at night. :ph34r:

Are you looking to change the actual head light cluster itself or are you looking to improve your lighting?

There are lots of angel-eye interpretations for a variety of cars but generally speaking - they are looked down on. And people will mock you endlessly for putting them on, I guarantee it.

If your looking to actually improve your cars lighting, I would suggest looking at the cost effective option of better halogen globes. You can get them in nice colours and they are street legal.

But if you want really bright headlights that improve your vision a billion percent - look at HID's. They are very effective but they are illegal. THEY MUST BE INSTALLED PROPERLY, ALSO. Otherwise they will blind on-coming drivers.

My advice - steer clear of the angel eyes.

HIDs are illegal, but depend on where you live, the pigs there might not care about or know about the legalities of it. Just get a 4300k or at most 6000k kit, anything higher will be very blue and attract unwanted attention.

Another cheaper alternative is just use higher wattage bulbs in your low beam. If you have 9006 bulbs in your low beam, you can easily put 9005 bulbs in there with some slight modification. the 9005 bulbs puts out 1700 lumens, 700 more than the 9006, but still only half the brightness of real HID (most 4300k kits puts out 3200 lumens). I have 9005 bulbs in my car and I can definitely see a difference.

Seriously, you might look at adding supplemental lights. I have PIAA lights installed a two of my cars and they are great.

Check the laws were you live before doing anything, as adding lights might be illegal.

The Altima king has arrived. I have a 2000 Altima GXE and I think I know how to do everything on it/to it except tune it and turbo it.

First and foremost head over to nissanclub.com (I'm not trying to siphon users over, the site is focused primarily on Altimas such as his, remove if deemed otherwise), lot of more people that can help you out with your car.

As for aftermarket headlights, ebay is your best bet. Can easily find a brand new JDM black headlights without projectors (easier) or with projectors (can be a pain).

I have installed HIDs in my stock OEM headlights and the glare is minimal surprisingly. I have had many a arguments on various forums telling me I am blinding others, I have what I think is enough photo evidence to declare that the stock OEM headlights take HIDs very well and the glare emitted is not inflammatory at all. I wouldn't go any higher with 8000k, I currently have a 6000k kit installed and love it.

Click on the car link in my profile to check out my car.

Additionally if you don't mind me asking, where in NY are your located? NY seems to have an inordinate amount of Altimas, which is awesome.

Also for the love of god make sure you have them adjusted correctly, nothing worse than some tosser shining their lights directly in your eyes

dont forget to add VTEC stickers

Lemme know what you need, and I'll hook you up with my VTEC rep. He got me some great new lightweight cylinder rings for my rotary V8. Also, he got me a replacement logo for an Acura. Apparently, a Honda "H" logo is more aerodynamic than the Acura "A" was, and helps guide the air over the mirrors for downforce. My 1/4 miles times are in the 7s. Also, the red background on the Honda emblem helps dissipate infra-red so it helps the intercooler.

:lol:

Last edited: