2008 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix ? Title Decider

so basically lewis just has to remember fifth is enough? :p
i?m seriously looking forward to the race, that really has the potential to be epic.

this is hamilton, i dont think he knows how to play the numbers game... schumi was great at it, but his smartness came close to ruining the race spectacle all together.

hamilton knows only one thing..... coming first, he's first or he's no where. provides an awesome spectacle, but it can and does come back to bite him the ass.....

.... that and wanting to win the race by the end of the first lap like he was doing this time last year

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71931

Hamilton receives Prime Minister's support

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, November 2nd 2008, 11:54 GMT

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown believes Lewis Hamilton will make a great world champion, if the McLaren driver is successful in his title ambitions in today's Brazilian Grand Prix.

Brown is currently on a visit to the Middle East and told local reporters that he felt the British nation would be fully behind Hamilton's bid to become the country's first champion since Damon Hill in 1996.

"Lewis Hamilton is a hero to so many young people in Britain," Brown was quoted as saying by the AFP news agency.

"I think he will be a great world champion. He just missed out last year. I think everybody will be rooting for him today."

Hamilton only needs to finish fifth at Interlagos today to secure himself the championship. He has qualified fourth, with title rival Felipe Massa starting on pole position.

Is Gordon Brown a "kiss of death" to sportsmen?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71921

Alonso: Hamilton in a good position

By Jonathan Noble and Pablo Elizalde Saturday, November 1st 2008, 21:00 GMT

Fernando Alonso believes Lewis Hamilton should have no problems to secure his first title despite starting from fourth position in tomorrow's Brazilian Grand Prix.

The Briton needs to finish in fifth place to clinch the crown, but he will start from the second row of the grid, behind the two Ferraris and Toyota's Jarno Trulli.

Alonso downplayed suggestions that Hamilton is in a difficult situation.

"I don't think fourth is a bad position," Alonso told reporters after qualifying. "It's not the middle of the pack. He has one Toyota in front, which is many lighter than him and maybe it not a worry.

"He has the two Ferraris, which is more or less normal and the fifth guy is his teammate, so I don't think it's a big problem.

"As far as you need to finish in the top five.. I cannot say it's very easy, but it's not too difficult to finish in the top five. I don't think he needs to worry now.

"We'll see how the race develops. I think Massa wanted to be on pole and Lewis more or less has what he wanted. With his teammate alongside and in the top four."

The Spaniard will be start behind Hamilton, but he played down his chances of being a threat for the Briton at the start.

"I think we need to have a good start, first of all. We know that we start worse than McLaren. We saw two weeks ago in China. I was fourth, Kovalainen was fifth and he overtook me in 100 meters.

"Because we start worse than McLaren it will be difficult to gain any position. It will be more of a defending start for me, from Vettel and from the guys behind me."

The Renault driver will start the race from sixth position, and admitted it would be not realistic to expect to fight with the Ferraris and the McLarens in the race.

"Top five, maybe, top six," said Alonso when asked what was his goals for the race. "I'm starting sixth, but I don't see many possibilities to be in front of McLaren and Ferrari, so maybe our target is Trulli, but he is P2 so he's way ahead of us. From P6 it will be difficult to beat him. So maybe top five or top six is our realistic target.

"But in the races anything can happen. As I said, the tyres are a concern and rain is a possibility. so if you make good decisions and good tyre calls maybe you can get a podium. We will not give up now."

I dont know whether thats a good or bad thing. On one hand both McLarens are fuelled heavier as they're anticipating rain so that should play into their hands somewhat, and dont forget Hamilton is simply awesome in the rain whereas Massa is completely hopeless, made worse by a Ferrari that doesnt like the wet conditions.

On the other hand, there is the random factor to consider and it only needs a couple of ill-timed safety cars to screw teams' strategy up (which could happen anyway).

Everyone talks about hamilton alot and what he needs to do but noone is questioning Massas victory. Why not? anything is possible and him not being on a podium is at least 20% possible. Add the possibility of rain and its more like 40%.

@Realstig, rain is good for us :D!!

@Necx, SCREW THE EXAMS

@ladora, I generally stay up and play videogames for races that are in the wee hours

Aside from that, I couldn't sleep last night, again... but the bright side is that I got to witness a wicked sunrise this morning! The view from my apartment is of the east and there are no buildings on the way :). Now we wait....

I love rain, don't get me wrong. But it's what vikirad said, the safetycar. If there's no safety car, rain is welcome, but with the safety car it can screw Lewis badly...

Last edited:
If Peter3hg can hack your bookmarks, I can read your mind...we all have our talents here at FinalGear...

I have the amazing power to kill threads at will, just by posting awkward messages that no-body understands.:p

(Waits for people to stop posting here:evil:)

Last edited:
I guess waiting for the Brazilian GP should be classified as a narcotic...it sure feels like it...