[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

• Total voters
And I want to know why they're now banned from Millbrook...
...you saw all the chaos they caused there, right? And that's where they tested the convertible Espace that tore itself to shreds, as well as :may:'s Grandfather Clock that sprayed all its fluids everywhere, and...

Although if that turns out to be true, it's a strange move on the part of Millbrook. However much effort it takes to clear up afterwards, what they're getting is free publicity. We all know what Millbrook is because TG has visited for its insane challenges so many times...

SEED you selfish c***s
Patience, Odindammit!

...what I meant to say was: Whack him, Jenkins!*

So was I, but when they spotted the vanity plate and said "He's such a pikey" I was too busy PMSL to wince!
...not that it's a plate legal for the roads, you all understand. </anorak>

I still make pointy gestures at obvious personalised plates... even though I have one. The difference is, mine is only obvious to a selected elite who are in the know, so the Average Joe on the street won't point at me shouting "He's got a personalised plate, what a wanker!"

* A further 18 internet points to anyone who gets this reference. This one is harder than the last.

I'm looking forward to the new roadtrips from the intro. Overall the episode was a good opener, not one of the best ones but still good.

Season 9 flashback (mostly just cocking about and only one car review). I am not sure if it is a bad thing or a good thing. :dunno:

Best part of the show:
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/11/02/tg.jpg

I want more of that please!

Red Dwarf. Kryten, I think.
I feel shame.
Wrong!

You're thinking of "I'm fine, thank you, Susan."

Sm?rg?sbord was also wrong, but at least had the actor involved correct.

Mineworksfine, three minutes later, is the winner!

Mineworksfine said:
Sounds like something from Blackadder Goes Forth, probably a quote from Stephen Fry's character.

This is close enough. It is Blackadder, it is Stephen Fry, but it was in series two.

Actually, it seems I've used this quote before. But then, Blackadder is not just a comedy series. It is a code for life.

By the way, I now see I have eight green blobs and an increased rep power, so Mineworksfine gets 19 points! Brucie Bonus!

Dammit! The thing I was thinking of is A Bit of Fry and Laurie's Tony and Control sketches, where Control [Fry] asks Tony [Laurie], to think of a lie, and he replies, "....my name is Susan Donovan," and then Fry calls him 'Susan' for the rest of the sketch.

/has too much time, clearly

...what I meant to say was: Whack him, Jenkins!*

* A further 18 internet points to anyone who gets this reference. This one is harder than the last.

Bottom!!!!!!!!! :D

They did record a little bit more with us in the audience cheering Lewis on if he won and making aww sounds in case he lost.

I also felt the lorry segment felt a bit lacking - very funny but a bit truncated - I expect they filmed too much and had to edit it down. Also they wouldn't have been able to take them on the roads which was a shame - a proper lorry driver's breakfast should have been one of the tests.

That's probably because you need a separate license if you want to drive a lorry around. Which is also probably the reason they never did anything to do with lorry's until now, having done just about everything else..

Oh, on a final note, the blonde behind and to the right of JC during the Parky interview was beautiful !

I'm going to lol for a thousand days if that turns out to be Momo63. :lol:

I'm going to lol for a thousand days if that turns out to be Momo63. :lol:

So tempted to claim it was but no, the blonde behind Jeremy was not me. But may have been a friend of mine - I'll need to check.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/11/02/snapshot20081102234605.jpg

:ph34r:

I'm just watching it. What language is this guest speaking? I really can't understand a thing :cry:

Lord Melchet in Blackadder.
Correct... but one minute too late! (Seriously, mineworksfine's PM was at 22:46...) That is worse luck than Felipe Massa, though none too surprising given the competition's on this thread in the immediate aftermath of a TG episode.

Bottom!!!!!!!!! :D
We have another winner!

In other news: TGAUS has got me thinking. About the SIARPC segment. It gives me the insight as to how non-UK people feel about it. I can now see the concept of not knowing the guest... But in the interest of myself, who here has heard of/knows of Sir Michael Parkinson (Non-UK people)?

Other then remembering the name from the Polar Special, never heard of him before. But that might just be me as I'm always the odd man out in any group of people. I have heard of Ellen MacArthur before she came on the show though.

I'm just watching it. What language is this guest speaking? I really can't understand a thing :cry:

Had the same problem, that's a form of british I just don't understand. >_<

Season 9 flashback (mostly just cocking about and only one car review). I am not sure if it is a bad thing or a good thing. :dunno:

Generally bad, but we'll see how this series progresses.

Hm...this episode is a 6/10 for me. And here's why:

I enjoy the bits and pieces of cocking about, but this episode was just nothing other than that. What I like about TG is the mix of some road testing AND some cocking about, like for example in S10E01.
I didn't like Jeremy's test of the GT2, how could I, it just wasn't a test, and then I hated him for not putting the time on the board. I mean, come on Jeremy...Porsche always wins:cool:....so whats the point.

I liked the lorry thing, as it was quite funny and all that, but I think they've overdone it a bit. It was also clearly visble that it HAD to be scripted, with all those "truck on fire" and "car stolen out of lorry" things

Still, TG is back and thats a GOOD thing!!!!!!!!

very entertaining ep, I am still laughing at the sunburned racing suit on the window arm of the Stig's truck driving cousin.

Wrong!

You're thinking of "I'm fine, thank you, Susan."

Sm?rg?sbord was also wrong, but at least had the actor involved correct.

Mineworksfine, three minutes later, is the winner!

This is close enough. It is Blackadder, it is Stephen Fry, but it was in series two.

Actually, it seems I've used this quote before. But then, Blackadder is not just a comedy series. It is a code for life.

By the way, I now see I have eight green blobs and an increased rep power, so Mineworksfine gets 19 points! Brucie Bonus!

I didn't PM, but was 100% correct on post #41 :(

Hmmm, slightly lacking for me, this one. The trucks segment was just TOO scripted for me, if you see what I mean- when the car 'accidentally' fell out of the back of Hammond's truck, you could see two guys in the back of his lorry, FFS!

Where!? Just watched that bit again and I can't see anyone in there. Methinks you are hallucinating old chap.

In answer to other stuff - Parky is an ex chat show host from Yorkshire - it's called a regional accent.

And I've checked and the blonde referred to isn't a friend of mine. It's one of the girls they moved in to make the audience look different for that segment.