Random Thoughts....

And Red_Bull, that picture actually makes me a little sad. I just shudder at the thought of all the useless threads that will very soon pop-up by people who don't even bother to come back and check their replies.

I dunno, I largely stay out of the Top Gear sections, especially during a series. Dont seem to notice any other real difference around the place.

On another note, I wish the guy I've hired to repair the bonnet of my car would hurry up and get here so I can pay him, get him started on the job, then go to sleep...

I dunno, I largely stay out of the Top Gear sections, especially during a series. Dont seem to notice any other real difference around the place.

Neither do I, but I like the New Posts button and that inevitably leads you to the aforementioned threads. ;) I guess I will modify my browsing method for a while.

Man, Gman, you remind me of Tobias Funke. Every other post you make these days has some kind of gay reference. If you think I'm kidding or being harsh, you should check out your post history over the last while.

Hey, I'm just saying, you make gay jokes long enough people start to wonder. <_<

I'm sorry, I'll stop it. And no, I'm not gay (unfortunately). :eek:

But I'll tell you this: MAN LOVE RULES, OK! Or at least on the internet, anyway.

\Sending mixed messages FTW!
\\That's a hilarious video, btw! :lol:

Yeah, time for the collective IQ of the forum to drop a few notches and for the search function to seemingly become invisible...

Don't get me wrong - of course I love a new season of Top Gear, and it's great to have new members on board, I just wish there was more common sense used.

Common sense? On the internet? You're looking in the wrong spot, friend... :lol:

That being said, there are 10569 peers and only 704 seeds for the new TG torrent at the moment. No joke. The download will take forever.

\No, seriously, it's over nine thousand. :p
\\So much for the forum IQ, huh?

On another note, I wish the guy I've hired to repair the bonnet of my car would hurry up and get here so I can pay him, get him started on the job, then go to sleep...

I tend to stay out of the show sections anyways. Too many n00bs saying stupid things.

Common sense? On the internet? You're looking in the wrong spot, friend... :lol:

That being said, there are 10569 peers and only 704 seeds for the new TG torrent at the moment. No joke. The download will take forever.

\No, seriously, it's over nine thousand. :p
\\So much for the forum IQ, huh?

I'ma go to bed now... tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to test if 10569 seeds can fill out mit 64mbit connection :D

:lol: Yeah, I should know better by now...

In other news - outside my office window there's a DB9. Parked next to a Prius.

Ah, the juxtaposition.

And yes, I do keep glancing at the DB9.

:And yes, I do keep glancing at the DB9.

I got to see a snow covered DB9 in a car park the other day and it looked like a sculpture. Amazing. To the bald man I saw taking photgraphs of it, he must be on some car forum somewhere...I wanna see them!

I tend to stay out of the show sections anyways. Too many n00bs saying stupid things.

I don't often go to the show sections either, only if I'm bored and want to read twaddle.

Couldn't agree more. All the show sections do are cause rage. If I absolutely have to get information I'll go, and usually read more than I should and get angry.

Yeah... I just pierced the third hole in my right ear and it kinda hurts. I've decided to go up one by one on both sides. I was just feeling bored so I went to change my earrings and was like, hey, why don't i make another hole? And that's also how I got both the second holes.

Inbetween all the excitement over the F1 finale and the new season of TG, I did have a bit of a sad moment over the weekend.

My mom and uncles spent yesterday (the 1st) going through my late aunt's possessions, and I ended up with her cameras, one a digital.

Got a bit choked up once I saw she never deleted the photos she'd taken, which included her visiting relatives in Arizona at Easter, and a family gathering we had this past summer. Cancer's a horrible thing, as I saw how worse it had spread in that time.

I can't bring myself to delete the photos, either, at least not until I have a copy of them as a reminder of all the years she was here with us.

Seeing as how the time changed last night...

Would you rather prefer changing your alarm clock before going to sleep and waking up at the proper time?
Or keeping it as is, waking up only to find out you have another glorious hour of sleep?

I'd take the latter.

Would you rather prefer changing your alarm clock before going to sleep and waking up at the proper time?
Or keeping it as is, waking up only to find out you have another glorious hour of sleep?

I'd take the latter.

Same with me... back when I wasn't a bum and had to get up at normal hours, I would love the odd day when I would wake up earlier than expected and could just relax in bed for an hour or so. It was that much more enjoyable.

While we're on the topic of DST, I freaking hate the time change. I have been so disoriented today it's not even funny. I keep thinking it's so late but it's not even early evening yet.

And my clocks have been giving me shit to boot. My computer jumped back last night at 2am but when I woke up it had gone ahead 2 hours... that sure doesn't help this feeling I have today.

Edit: Think the clock on the forums is messed up too, gotta look at my settings. Grr, so much work. I am all for doing away with DST or going on it permanently, just so long as there isn't a big hassle every 6 months.

I'd take the latter.

I always change my clocks before going to bed - I'm in enough of a daze when I wake up without adding the confusion of not being sure if the time is right.

Having said that - I'm a bit strange in that I set my alarm clock in the bedroom deliberately fast, so when I stir I have to work out what the real time is. Yeah, it's odd, but it seems to help me wake up.

I'd take the latter.

We went on daylight savings early this year for some reason and lost the hour. I always set before I go to sleep, I hate when you wake up an hour early, mainly because I find it hard to fall asleep again if I only wake up an hour before I'm meant to...I just get up when I wake up. my boyfriend likes to deliberately set his alarm 45 minutes early then hit snooze four or five times and it annoys me SO much.

We went on daylight savings early this year for some reason and lost the hour. I always set before I go to sleep, I hate when you wake up an hour early, mainly because I find it hard to fall asleep again if I only wake up an hour before I'm meant to...I just get up when I wake up. my boyfriend likes to deliberately set his alarm 45 minutes early then hit snooze four or five times and it annoys me SO much.

You = southern hemisphere

Most of us = northern hemisphere

;)

Hey, someone else who does that! I always need a few snoozes to ease me into the day.

:lol: me too

We changed back from DST last weekend, I love radio-controlled alarm-clocks :D

You = southern hemisphere

Most of us = northern hemisphere

;)

...I get that :lol: I meant we went earlier than usual for some reason, not that we lost the hour for some reason...that was badly put wasn't it!