Should this be the last season of top gear?

People who are getting sick of the direction that Top Gear is heading should stop watching the show instead of complaining about every little detail after every episode.. I'd be seriously depressed if Top Gear would fold.

top gear is constant since right about series 9 series 7-8 were the transition from old format to new format, i still like it, only i kinda can't be fooled with some of the jokes, but hey, there isn't anything out there than can match it, even with it's new format series 9-present.

i really think the new series is promising, probably the most exciting thing is the veyron lap time. can't wait

off-topic: how many episodes are there in this series ?

When I started watching Top Gear during Season 4, they routinely amazed me with increasingly ambitious and terrific ideas, both big and small. The races and cheap car challenges were a thing of genius, and the rise of the "super challenge" with Jeremy climbing the mountain in the Discovery were great. They seemed to hit a wall in Series 8, with the show all of a sudden veering to various far-fetched challenges. Season 9 was much of the same, albeit with a bigger budget (I can't imagine how much they spent on the Rocket Robin). However, all the way back to watching Season 5 as it aired, I remember not liking the "new" feel of each season. There was a definite shift towards general entertainment, and each season left me uncomfortable. However, after enough time had passed, I have learned to really like even the most questionable segments (road building, tractors). I love the car reviews (James reviewing the XJ6 in Season 3 was perfection), the new stuff is great too, with less low-budget crap to boot.

endisnigh.gif
:rolleyes:

But seriously ... no. Even if I consider the worst show of (new) TG that ever aired ... still No. That?s still better than 99% of Tv-shows that are out there. It?s all relative ... if you compare "good TG" to "bad TG" ... "bad TG" comes across quite badly ... but compare "bad TG" to other Tv-Shows, it?s still amazingly good.

"thinks back on Jeremy truck-gear-lever butt-plug, James' nude Aston Martin ride, Richard's constant teeth-whitening allegations and so much more... *

TopGear had dignity?:blink:

:lol::lol:

Of course this shouldn't be the last season. Why would anyone want this to end? Isn't it what keeps us sane during the year, holding out for the two precious seasons, come on...If someone thinks the show is losing dignity, or thinks it should end, just stop watching it and pretend it has. And the rest of us can keep on enjoying it :)

As long as awesome supercars are made we still need someone to powerslide them around a track yelling "POWER" and something or someone to thrash it around a track to get a time.

Not until every single gas-powered vehicle on earth decays into its component elements, and the earth itself and all of humanity are pummeled into pure energy by five-legged uncommunicative aliens with inhuman intent, should Top Gear be ended.

Reactions: MWF
Not until every single gas-powered vehicle on earth decays into its component elements, should Top Gear be ended.

:lol:

Of course every good thing has an end, but as we and they know it, they?re not properly young and crashing and bashing all the time isn?t a thing that is recommended to most middle age persons :p
The format that began from season 9 onwards is more entertaining focused... all we know that, but I don?t thing is such a bad idea... I LOVED season 11 and this new season should be even more epic :mrgreen:

Congrats from Portugal

Simply NO, This is one of the funniest shows ever to air on television. I don't really care that they are moving towards a more entertainment show direction cause i laugh so much at every episode, And i enjoy laughing so i don't want this series to end, never!

im thinking i might need to restate my topic, because some people are overcome with 'dont watch it' and all that tosh. These answers arent really helping because they're all a bit ignorant to the question. Keep in mind this is not a personal issue with top gear, but rather one on a large scale with nothing but good intentions for the show.

i'm asking SHOULD it end. i am in no way saying that i want it to end.
stopping watching top gear is simply the last thing i would want to do
even though the change in format is annoying me a little bit, i still love it because its inventive, ambitious, ingenious, and the best thing on television, and probably still will be for a long time. Also, i'm not one of these 'new fans'. I've been watching the show since i was two years old.

i am not saying that the show is now rubbish, i am not saying that it's at its lowest point or anything of the sort. Due to its change in format it's at its highest point ever, and this is the only reason for my question.

Keep in mind i do have faith in andy and the boys to keep the ideas coming.

All im asking is, should they quit at the top?

and having said that, dont feel as though im knocking everyone who's given a negative answer. i still want them because its a debate, not a persuasive speech. But please consider the real question before answering
then everything should function smoothly

oh, and 'james mays hair', yes
i do kill old girlfriends

Last edited:
Yes, quit at the top. Is the top of Top Gear here or in the near future? No.

Not because i dont want to see the show canceled however i dont see a need to cancel the show.

I see no reason for the show to end, the jokes are still funny, the content is as enjoyable as it has ever been and the number one point, the ratings are huge.

Top gear has moved away from being a car focused show to an entertainment show based around cars, and they do this extremely well.

If you want to watch car a show about cars then that is what 5th gear is for.

In short, no. They're at the top of their game and have got the mix of cars v entertainment right again. As long as the show continues at it's current level, and they're able to keep it fresh I see no reason at all for them to stop. They're wise enough to know they need to ration themselves and not try and make too many episodes each year.

In answer to the question posed:

Why would I want my Sunday evening ruined with something really crap on instead? No its fine, keep going.

As long as it sticks to what they do best, i think they should remain on air. I need something to watch!!!

I believe that the only way that Top Gear ends on a high is when they either: run out of ideas, too old to do it, falling ratings or the BBC axes them and have to finds jobs elsewhere.

Other than that, keep up the good work.

No.

I think the episodes are getting better. 12x01 was one of the best episodes I have seen in a while.

Agreed. I enjoyed it more than anything from series 11 where IMHO they looked like they were losing their way/simply going through the motions. This one is shaping up to be much better. Looking forward to next Sunday.