SEMA Preview: Chevrolet debuts quartet of custom Camaros

Plus it costs more than the Malibu, which is a lot better overall. The current Impala SS costs over $30K.

See point six - not good value for money.

Yet GM keeps pushing it to the dwindling numbers of the faithful as "the best Chebby sedan EVAR!"

The only reason why its been selling at all is because of fleet sales. Seriously, why would anyone pay MORE (than their excellent Malibu) for that kind of car thats built on a mediocre and aging platform. The other thing that I've noticed is that the new Impala has an unlabelled shifter, which I find unusual. Doesn anyone know why that is? As for the Caprice interior, I really don't see whats wrong with it. It's not stylish, but it doesn't look half bad and the layout seems logical.

Last edited:
First, it's Fail Wheel Drive.

Second, it's Fail Wheel Drive with a BIG HONKING V8, which makes the understeer worse.

Third, the seats feel like they were taken from an RTD bus.

Fourth, the Tupperware interior is *awful*.

Fifth? Acres and acres of the classic supercheap GM Gray Plastic.

Sixth, it's not even good value for money.

Seventh, they put the SS badge on it when it's a total embarrassment to the badge.

Eighth, there's no sat nav, they just decided (like the Malibu) to not offer something that every other car in the class offers - instead you can pay for the awful OnStar voice navigation service (a monthly fee).

I can keep going.
You forgot one thing: it's absolutely HILARIOUS to drive. And I mean, side-splitting laughingly guffawing to drive. You stomp on the throttle and it doesn't do anything, it just makes a lot of noise and smoke, and after 6 hours the front wheels finally start moving forward. Well, relatively forward, but more like left and right, and you start sliding across that massive leather slab they call a front seat. Every time you pull away from an intersection expect to thrash about making that glorious V8 noise that negates any rational thought of expecting to get anywhere on time. You'll leave tire marks everywhere! :p

But seriously, it's a crap car.

What's even funnier/sicker is that the V8 powered Impala SS is *slower* to 60 than the V6 Genesis sedan.

Topic: SEMA Preview: Chevrolet debuts quartet of custom Camaros

;)

We all get that the Impala is an old design that needs to be updated/replaced.

And yet the same amount of design and engineering time they spent on prepping these Camaros would make their Impala suck a whole lot less! But, hey, let's dump a lot of money on factory SEMA show cars when we're on the verge of bankruptcy and potential customers are screaming for better product - yes, blowing money on SEMA cars is a great idea, don't you agree?

And yet the same amount of design and engineering time they spent on prepping these Camaros would make their Impala suck a whole lot less! But, hey, let's dump a lot of money on factory SEMA show cars when we're on the verge of bankruptcy and potential customers are screaming for better product - yes, blowing money on SEMA cars is a great idea, don't you agree?

As I said, a new Impala in on the way. What they spent on these four is a drop in the bucket.

yes, blowing money on SEMA cars is a great idea, don't you agree?

Yes. I think they are sweat, many others will also, and some of those will buy the Camaro because of just how cool these cars are.

In addition a few of the Camaro concepts are carrying aftermarket parts that will be offered by other companies and GM itself.

I would also like to add that the Camaro GS (the blue one) is in fact an early prototype for the Koni Challenge GS racing class of the Grand Am series.

I WANT ALL OF THEM! NOW!

That is simply one hell of a good looking car. However, if I had to choose a favorite one it'd be the first. Or the last. Oh hell, now I have to make a ton of money so I can have all of em.

I would also like to add that the Camaro GS (the blue one) is in fact an early prototype for the Koni Challenge GS racing class of the Grand Am series.
I was just going to post that. It will be running against the Mustangs, Porsches and god-willing, Challengers.

Topic: SEMA Preview: Chevrolet debuts quartet of custom Camaros

;)

We all get that the Impala is an old design that needs to be updated/replaced.

Let's keep talking about the Impala because it annoys the hell out of jetsetter (even moreso than the election). :tease:

impala2006gold.jpg

killitwithfire.jpg

Let's not forget the Impala is a favourite of drug dealers too. Can't leave them out, it would be rude.

Chevrolet-Impala-0.jpg

But this, even with the color and the wheels, is significantly cooler than the current Impala could ever dream of being.

But this, even with the color and the wheels, is significantly cooler than the current Impala could ever dream of being.

This is true for most old American cars versus the contemporary version.

So I see GM prepped a concept for the new Knight Rider (the black one).

As for the Impala, it'd take more than a few buckets of paint and some well chosen off the shelf parts -which is apparently all it took to make these cars, if the official descriptions are right - to make it into a good car. And the idea of the blue one showing up as a track day car, that is a good idea.