The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

^I'm 10 years older than you.. :wheelchair:

BTW: GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Wow, I didn't expected her to be YELLOW (a great colour for that particular bike).
Congrats, she is gorgeous! :thumbsup:

That was the only year Honda made the Interceptor in yellow, so she stands out in a crowd.

Well, the switch from a cruiser is taking some time, so I'm not pushing it. It's a whole different style of riding; on the Magna I had big long handle bars and I could easily lever the bike around with my arms, now I have to lead with my head and upper body while pushing down on the high-side peg. It's a whole new experience. My lean angles aren't nearly as good as they were on the Magna because I'm not quite settled in yet.

The power delivery is positively blistering and the throttle response is amazing with the fuel injection.

Fantasic looking bike! It's nice to hear your experiences switching from a cruiser to a sport tourer because I'm planning on getting a bike like that as my next one. 650cc's are nice but I want more powerrrrrrrr!!! And Maxine isn't exactly confidence inspiring in the corners.

I know what you mean, I had a 1982 Magna and the suspension was utter shit. After 25 years of wear on top of 25 year old technology it was like having a couple pogo sticks for forks.

Another VFR Rumor

Another VFR Rumor

Posted in another forum without a link.

Honda has just announced that it will build a production model based on the V4 Concept. Sales will start "in the first half of 2010." Underneath the crazy hubless wheels and bizarre headlight, the V4 Concept is a powerful superbike more focused on rider comfort and on-road ability than racetrack success. Hopefully, the 2010 Honda V4 will shed some of the current VFR's boring practicality, gaining speed and involvement in the process.

Honda stated:

"The exciting news of the V4 production model is the result of overwhelming response from customers, media and motorcycle dealers across Europe following the debut of the V4 Concept Model at last month's Intermot show, where the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer chose 'New Beginnings' as its theme to celebrate Honda's 60th anniversary as a company, 50th anniversary of racing and 30th anniversary of the Honda's iconic V4 engine configuration.

"Building on this theme at this week's Milan Show, Honda highlighted the next stage of the V4 story and looked forward to the next 60 years of motorcycle production, with V4 technology forming a part of the marque's future direction in the coming few years, starting in just 18 months time with the introduction of the first V4 mass-production model in the first half of 2010."
I've asked for the link to the original story, if I get it I will post it here as an edit.

Update:
Ok, I've looked all over the net and I have not found one official or reputable source to confirm this. Nothing but rumors and speculation.

Last edited:
Ok, stupid question time.

I removed my turn signals because they were completely cracked to hell. Unplugged 3 wires to do so. Now the bike won't start. What should I do so I can ride it while I wait for my new signals to come in the mail?

Put a resistor in place between each of the lines and the ground line, roughly equivalent to the load of the bulb you removed.

Also, check to make sure you didn't accidentally unplug the wrong bullet connectors.

If it isn't an unplugged or loose connection, somewhere in that relay farm called a Yamaha something is expecting to see voltage and it's not seeing any. Do NOT just short the terminals together as a short term fix!

Last edited:
2z4z2vn.jpg

And that is why 2000 is my favorite year for the Inteceptor. Pre-VTEC and all that lovely yellow.

Dude, I'm envious! :mrgreen:

They look good in yellow, but I still think that the best looking of the post-revival Interceptors is the 2007 model with the 25th anniversary livery.

352.jpg

351.jpg

349.jpg

It's a great nod back to Freddie Spencer and the rest of the world-destroying/world-dominating HRC teams of the 1980s. My 1986 bike's paint scheme is a nod to their still unmatched 1985 record, but it's not the real thing; the original Interceptor/HRC paint scheme was distinctive and unmistakable.

int500.jpg

It was nice to see an Interceptor wearing that paint scheme again.

Last edited:
I like those, but I'm wary of the V-Tec engine and I like the headlamps on mine better.

So whats the story behind everybody disliking or worrying about Vtec on motorcycles? is it just too much of a lurching in the powerband? upsets bikes stability?

Why would you want a bike that steams ahead at half power under 7000rpm and then jerks to life at 7500rpm.

Why would you want a bike that steams ahead at half power under 7000rpm and then jerks to life at 7500rpm.

I dunno, why would you?

1982_Yamaha_Seca_Turbo_hi_res.jpg

01.jpg

080106a.jpg

:lol: That's right - because it's fun!

Last edited:
So whats the story behind everybody disliking or worrying about Vtec on motorcycles? is it just too much of a lurching in the powerband? upsets bikes stability?

Yeah, that's pretty much it. There are bikes that have nothing at the low end and then run like rockets once you hit a certain RPM, but those are usually race-tuned inline 4s. I like the V4 because it has a nice linear power band with good usable torque down low - why would I upset that by artificially adding a power spike? I don't have a problem with VTEC in theory, but if I'm rolling on the power through a corner, the last thing I want is a change in power that will upset the bike or break traction.

The other thing is that the VTEC's valve adjustment costs are MUCH higher than the standard motor.

Last edited: