2009 Line-Up Rumour Mill

OR!

He could start up his own Formula 2 team (its only $200,000) and race there.

I hope Rubens keeps his seat!

I hope Rubens keeps his seat!

PF1:
Rubens Barrichello is hopeful that Sunday's Brazilian GP won't be his last F1 race as he is intent on continuing his career with Honda.

Barrichello, the most experienced driver ever in Formula One, is confident he still has what it takes to compete with the best in the sport, citing car troubles for the reason why he has scored just 11 points this season.

However, Honda have yet to offer him a new deal for the 2009 season, although the 36-year-old is hopeful it will soon be put on the table.

"It is on hold, obviously," the Brazilian said during Thursday's FIA press conference at the Interlagos circuit.

"I don't want to stop. I won't stop because I think I deserve better. I am driving better than I used to when I finished second in the Championship behind Michael (Schumacher). The aim is not to stop.

"The job done this year has been quite good. If it wasn't for minor problems I think I would have more than 20 points with a car we can see is not good at all.

"What I have been telling people is that I cannot sell the experience or the speed as that is a proven point. They see that and they see all the statistics.

"But what I can sell is my motivation. I am very honest with myself and the day I feel that I don't have it anymore is the day I will stop, but up until now I have been driving better than ever.

"It is on hold as Honda wants to try some other people, test them in Barcelona. To be very honest I think they try to change the destiny of things as if they want to win by next year they need someone who is very experienced with my qualities to do it.

"But I am on hold. I am hopeful. I am talking to other teams as well so hopefully it will be fine."

He has been running better than Button, scoring 20 compared to 3 points, generally outqualifies him in the same car, and he just seems like a nice guy. Both him and Jenson deserve another year just because they were given such a crap car - allowing them both to easily be disheartened.

hahahaha^^^^ Not sure thats what vikirad was referring to :p

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71978

Honda to test Senna this month

By Pablo Elizalde Monday, November 3rd 2008, 09:06 GMT

Bruno SennaBruno Senna will get his first taste of Formula One machinery when he tests for the Honda Racing team later this month, it was announced on Monday.

The GP2 championship runner-up, nephew of the late three-time F1 champion Ayrton, will join Honda for the team's first test of the winter in Barcelona from 17 to 19 November.

The Brazilian, 25, will test this year's RA108 as Honda evaluate him for a possible drive for the 2009 season.

The team are yet to confirm who will partner Jenson Button in 2009, with Rubens Barrichello's future still in doubt.

"We are delighted to provide Bruno with the opportunity to test for us later this month as we continue to explore all the driver options available to us for next season," said team principal Ross Brawn.

"After an impressive year in GP2 this will be a chance for Bruno to prove that he is ready to make the step up to Formula One.

"Our objective is to have the best drivers available to us next season and our evaluation of Bruno's performance will be rigorous.

"We are looking forward to seeing how he performs. Over the next two weeks Bruno will be spending a lot of time with us at our Brackley base, working closely with our engineers and on the simulator to ensure he is fully prepared for this important test."

Senna admitted he was delighted about the opportunity.

"I am obviously very excited about being given my first Formula One test and to have that opportunity with Honda is a dream come true," he said. "Although I am still only in my fourth year of motor racing, I have wanted to test an F1 car for a very long time and I feel that I am ready for that challenge.

"I have already spent some time at the factory in Brackley and have enjoyed meeting the team and working with the engineers to prepare for this test. Everyone has been very supportive and it is particularly special for me to have the chance to work with Ross Brawn.

"I'm excited about getting in the car in two weeks' time but I know this is a big opportunity so I want to learn as much as I can before I get to Barcelona. I hope to show the team what I can do, so it's up to me now to do a good job."

Honda, for the love of God and in the name of all that's holy and for the good rest of Ayrton's soul, DON'T. Don't wreck Bruno's career.

...no Bruno...just no...

Honda, for the love of God and in the name of all that's holy and for the good rest of Ayrton's soul, DON'T. Don't wreck Bruno's career.

Seriously.

Maybe he would, but if he really wants to show F1 he's hot shit GP2 is the way.

So he can end up like Pantano or Pizzonia? That's a horrible idea, not to mention he wouldn't get paid, like he would in a top flight series. If he gets fired from STR, then no other team would want him, except maybe as a test driver.

January launch for 2009 BMW Sauber

BMW Sauber have scheduled the roll-out of their 2009 car for January 20 of next year. The F1.09 will make its first public appearance in testing at Valencia in Spain.

After scoring their maiden win this season and finishing a highly-competitive third in the constructors? standings, BMW Sauber hope the F1.09 turn them into genuine championship contenders next season.

The team believe that major changes to the Formula One regulations for 2009, including the return of slick tyres, aerodynamic restrictions and the introduction of KERS to recover waste energy from braking, could play into their hands.

?The challenges are big but we will stick to our ambitious goal: in 2009, we want to be one of the teams battling it out for the title,? BMW Motorsport director Mario Theissen told the team?s official website.

Following the F1.09?s launch, it will participate in three further test sessions before the 2009 season kicks off in Australia on March 29.

So Renault hold Alonso and Piquet.

Alonso, very understandably for this 2 year contract, as it leaves him open for a ferrari switch if he so wishes it when they have a vacant seat. Also their performances in the 2nd half were outstanding, and way above expectations.

Piquet however..... I don;t feel like he even has been a good support driver, but it was his first season. Maybe they want to see if he can bring a good improvement.

*oops repost from the preseason thread *

Last edited:
Hey hey hey!!!!! :mad:

:p... j/k

It looks like the Piquet way of doing things: a year or more of firing up the career, quite slowly, ready for a mounting charge from the 3rd or 4th year of the driver's career.