Can someone explain to me why anyone wants to vote for McCain/Palin?

^People are so gullible. Who actually believes that?

You think they're making it up? I don't watch Fox News, but I found that on Digg.

I think Palin was definitely the biggest factor in the Republican loss yesterday.

I think a lot of people would have ultimately gone with McCain because of his experience, but they got scared off by Palin and went for Obama instead, thinking he might not have experience but at least he doesn't surround himself with total fuckwits.

Aside from Palin just being plain unqualified, the media turned on her and really ripped her apart, and obviously she had no ability to combat it like maybe an experienced politician would.

I was actually kind of shocked last night when McCain praised Palin in his concession speech. I thought the jig was up. In any case, the selection of Palin as VP will go down as one of the more stupid and funny incidents in US politics. I thought this all along, but anyone who still thinks Palin was a sound choice is seriously missing in the intellect department.

Please don't. McCain isn't and never was Bush. As one who has studied his record you can trust me on this. Before the election McCain was the favorite Republican of the Democrats because he would see it their way on occasion and work with them.

McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform, and McCain-Kennedy immigration reform being two shining examples. McCain, Hagel, and Luger are the Democrats' favorite Republicans because they can be counted on to cross party lines.

He's the Republican equivalent of Joe Lieberman -- whom, by the way, is going to be stripped of his committee chairmanship by the emboldened Senate as revenge for leaving the Democrat party.

There, he would of won if his was gotten his campaign together a bit better.

I like John McCain - there I said it. ...

Last edited:
My god where does America find it's polititions, she should be tutured on Afirca not being a country and South Africa being a country in a continent as opposed to just a part of the country?. I would laugh but I don't find it funny at all. On a side note cheers Sarah I am bloody enjoying AIRMIF.

Well at least we can all agree that we're glad the election is over. All I have to wait for now is for the democrats and media to stop having their collective orgasm.

Sarah Palin did not know that Africa is a continent
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc[/YOUTUBE]

Carl Cameron, the chief political correspondent for the Fox News channel, has just reported a series of breathtaking gaps in Sarah Palin's common knowledge, basic understanding of the world, and how the American government works. He had this story for some time, but his sources would only confide on the condition that he not report until after the election was over.

Among the discoveries: Sarah Palin did not know that Africa was a continent, thinking instead that it was a seperate country or perhaps a group of countries. She did not know that South Africa is a country, thinking it was a description of the southern parts of Africa. She did not know the countries that are part of the North American Free Trade Agreement (US, Canada, Mexico. Those who are outside the US, if this seems like some obscure wonky policy detail, trust me: she should have known this, NAFTA was a gigantic highly-debated issue 10+ years ago)

Before the disastrous Couric interview, her handlers accurately predicted the questions she would be asked, but she refused interview preparation. When she did horribly, she became very angry, lashing out at campaign workers. Near the end she would often throw temper tantrums about how she was being seen in the press (mostly her own damned fault) and reduced members of the campaign staff to tears. Apparently there's more, but those are the biggest tidbits released.

This dumbass could have been the president of the United States! The people in charge of her running should be put in jail for endangering the security of the country.

This dumbass could have been the president of the United States! The people in charge of her running should be put in jail for endangering the security of the country.

Posted that few posts above ^

Yah.. but like i said a few times before... that was what stole all my sympathy for McCain.

You just can not put such a person on the trigger of the worlds biggest nuclear power. Thats just IMPOSSIBLE.

That lady is the impersonation of all the "prejudices" every "smart" American has to face.
She is the biggest example of American "dumbness" especially Jeremy is mocking about.

And this really annoys me a bit... because well you can clearly see it in this forum that this is nothing close to true but still many people who do not use the opportunity to participate in international internet communities won't see that "difference" :cry:

Back in '04, Carl Cameron reported on some statements that Kerry made, but apparently it was fabricated. So i'm not quite ready to believe this story about Sarah Palin just yet.

Well u can tell from Video clips of her that she is dumb without having to use these particular comments but only things she said by herself

Well at least we can all agree that we're glad the election is over. All I have to wait for now is for the democrats and media to stop having their collective orgasm.

That won't happen until January 2010 when they realize Obama couldn't possibly deliver on what they expected from him.

I don't believe in that. I also do not believe that McCain would have done any better. How fast did that financial crisis come now? It all happened within weeks. Who can know today what tasks come up? No one. It's just impossible to sit down on the white board and print a plane for so many years in advance.

Of course he won't be able to deliver what he has promised. But there is the same problem in every election.

I just wonder how the current crisis will be "fixed" and how long it will take.

It's just impossible to sit down on the white board and print a plane for so many years in advance.
That's the whole problem, we're such short-term thinkers. Countries like Japan plan out decades in advance, I've heard of business in Japan planning for centuries ahead.

The economy won't be solved by tax cuts for a particular class, or social programs. It'll be solved with streamlining, and incentives to save, and invest wisely. And Barak's idea of adding more tax burden on the few that have money and are spending money on boats, RVs, real estate, is just going to make unemployment worse.

What if he can and does?

Then by 2012 the average home will be cheaper than the average new car (which will be hydrogen powered and cost less than a used gasoline powered car), all religions will exist in harmony, Korea will be reunited, and everything in the world that could ever be used as a weapon will be confiscated and destroyed.

Any more completely unrealistic expectation lists you want to see?

Last edited:
Then by 1012 the average home will be cheaper than the average new car (which will be hydrogen powered and cost less than a used gasoline powered car), all religions will exist in harmony, Korea will be reunited, and everything in the world that could ever be used as a weapon will be confiscated and destroyed.

Any more completely unrealistic expectation lists you want to see?

The year 1012 coming up in the next millenium!