Rumour Mill: Acura's X6 fighter

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
TopSpeed just reported this...

http://img372.imageshack.**/img372/5458/acuranewcuvrender460x0wjm8.jpg

At first we couldn't understand why the BMW X6 was birthed, and then we couldn't figure out why Acura of all companies needed to create something to compete with it. Top Speed has rendered unto us what such an enigma might look like, and, well, it ain't all bad. That's probably because it looks like an MDX with a descending roofline out back. Of course, it's impossible to know how much of any rendering is pure fiction, but The Majestic Shield of Acura matched with those lights and a proper amount of real estate could be the ideal pairing of design features and suitable canvas. Porsche's floating LEDs in the front bumper don't go astray, either. We still can't say it makes sense, but Acura, if you're really going to do this, have a look here first.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/05/rendered-speculation-acura-x6-fighter/

Really? The X6 is such a good seller that Acura decided it needs to compete with it?

I actually said "Fuck" outloud when the picture popped up.

It looks like a squashed ssanyong

Honda/Acura has turned into a bunch of Fucking morons.

Acura screwed itself by making all of its vehicles absolutely hideous, and now it's chasing a market no one wanted in the first place...

They are all on Crack/LSD...

Honda/Acura has turned into a bunch of Fucking morons.

Acura screwed itself by making all of its vehicles absolutely hideous, and now it's chasing a market no one wanted in the first place...

My thoughts X-Act-lee. What is it the new TSX or TL? What ever one is based on the Accord. Balls ugly.

....Straight balls.....

My thoughts X-Act-lee. What is it the new TSX or TL? What ever one is based on the Accord. Balls ugly.

....Straight balls.....

It doesn't matter, because their both based on accords, and they both look piss ass ugly.

I used to like Acura, but they repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot.

First they try and comes across as sporty despite all their cars being FWD, and now in the last few model releases they seem to have gone with blind designers.

This thing is just hideous... should fit nicely along the new MDX, TSX and TL.

Bingo - here's hoping this turns out to be an unfounded rumour. I saw two X6s last Friday - truly hideous things.

I've seen one at a dealer, and one in my fiend's neighbor's driveway (which later turned out to be a loaner for their X5). Never seen any on the roads yet.

Eww...

First its a ghastly X6 rival and Second the nose is disgusting :p

kill it, before its born!!

Well there be a Hamann version with black and gold paintwork?

Well there be a Hamann version with black and gold paintwork?

No, Acura managed to make it ugly enough without Hamann's help. There wouldn't be much left for Hamann to ruin.

I don't get it. If companies want to make SUVish things that look good and a bit sporty, they need to stop trying to design it themselves and just copy the Infinity FX.