*NEWS* Michael Crichton passes away at the age of 66

Koenig

'Jurassic Park' author Michael Crichton dies at 66

Michael Crichton, the million-selling author who made scientific research terrifying and irresistible in such thrillers as "Jurassic Park," "Timeline" and "The Andromeda Strain," has died of cancer, his family said. Crichton died Tuesday in Los Angeles at age 66 after privately battling cancer.

"Through his books, Michael Crichton served as an inspiration to students of all ages, challenged scientists in many fields, and illuminated the mysteries of the world in a way we could all understand," his family said in a statement.

Link

Ah man....I really liked his Jurassic Park books and Congo.

I#ve read tons of his books... RIP!

RIP, he wrote a lot of entertaining books.

It's strange, despite the fact I have no interest in archeology or the movie saga, 'The Lost World' is still one of the few books I can just sit and read cover to cover. I'd like to read more of his stuff, he seemed to be a masterful author.

Aw damn.. his books were amazing. His books were always based upon large amounts of research and facts, while maintaining just the right amount of fiction to keep it interesting. According to that article, the book is ready for release, but postponed? Bummer..

NO!!!!!....:( I grew up on his books. RIP

I loved Micheal Chriton. He was one of my fav authours. RIP (Read In Peace)

On wikipedia yesterday at one point it said he died while fighting a velociraptor.

Its a sad day for sure. Crichton wrote one of the few books I have read cover to cover, mostly because I was so freaked out by what was happening (Sphere, definitely a book that screws with your brain in the middle to end). Its never fun to hear about someone struggling through cancer and finally succumbing. Its pleasant to know that he'll be remembered for his contributions for a long time.

JH

:cry:

The first book I ever bought was one of Michael Crichton's. He is my favourite author, which is saying a lot when you consider how obsessed with Tolkien's work I am. "Sphere" was my favourite. Like so many of his novels, the film adaptation didn't do it justice. I always leearned something when I read anything he wrote and he has contributed greatly to my understanding of the universe and reality. I wish he hadn't kept his illness a secret, his death is such a shock.

R.I.P Michael.

:cry:

R.I.P.:cry: