Bingo...with Top Gear

The thought occurs:

Now that we have a card generator and 12x02 is coming up, anyone up for giving a low-tech group game a trial run, in real time and spoiler-free? (Me, I'm in the US, so that counts me out.)

Since it's a bit meaningless to play with cards that are essentially "invisible" to everyone else, it could for the time being work this way:

1. Before 12x02 airs, everyone who wants to play downloads matt2000's generator and makes a card. (If you don't have Excel, say so and someone can generate a spare.)

2. Grab a shot of it and slap it into a post. (For a handful of players, this should be fine...more would put a strain on the forum I assume? (...Viper?))

3. Fill it in on your own as the episode airs. Whoever gets a bingo by the end, post a shot.

4. If no one wins, it's a free-for-all barroom brawl for second place.

Anyone in?

I'm in, of course I am! :lol:

I think maybe screenshots would be easier than photos though. Can't say I'll be on the PC though, but I can run up my laptop before the show starts. :)

Make a new thread and I'll post whatever mine is. No excuse for not being able to read it either because Google Docs is free. :p

Well, at least you've got an RX-7.
:)

Isn't that the car Clarkson said was the best-looking japanese car ever?

i haven't seen his review of the rx-7 yet, it's probably old but i gotta find it!

i'm also gonna give this excel generated bingo a try with you guys. see how that goes.

but, since i won't watch it live is that gonna affect the way we play?

Yeah... i think all players should watch together. Or, at leat, each player should write down the timecode in the episode where he registered a bingo :)

Make a new thread and I'll post whatever mine is. No excuse for not being able to read it either because Google Docs is free. :p

For a first trial we could probably just keep it all in this thread, just to see how well it works. Wish I could join in, but I'm on the wrong side of the pond!

Yeah... i think all players should watch together. Or, at leat, each player should write down the timecode in the episode where he registered a bingo :)

We tried keeping track of timecodes when we played it in person (it seemed like a neat idea at the start, just to keep track), but it's a lot of pause-and-scribble and we eventually just did without. I wonder how many people here watch it as it airs vs. watching it later. Maybe we can set up a way to do a synchronized play for delayed viewing...

I watch TG as it airs but I'll be printing one off anyway just to see how it goes. Only 15 minutes left too. :)

Edit:

http://img45.imageshack.**/img45/2392/bingocardyd1.jpg

I'll run my phone's stopwatch. Can't pause the show so hopefully I won't miss much. I don't think there's any need to all do it at the same time, whoever has the smallest time wins, with no cheating.

Edit: At the end of the show, I got 13 out of 25. :D

Last edited:
Edit: At the end of the show, I got 13 out of 25. :D

I didn't have a chart printed out but just watching tonight's episode I noticed a lot of these showed up!!

Bump. This week's chart for me, I'm going to do this every week. :D

http://img514.imageshack.**/img514/4315/clipboard3ra3.jpg

that could well be made into a drinking game. small shots for each square you get, and a big one for the win :)

http://img338.imageshack.**/img338/4972/bingocard2lw4.jpg

You forgot power although tonight it only ever had one "R".

Yeah it only counts if they say it with the twisted face and extra Rs. :D

If you didn't see this shameless bump coming then stuff you! :p

My card for this week. I think adding some extra options are in order, and maybe a group game. :)

http://img526.imageshack.**/img526/8066/bingocard3to1.jpg

My friends and I have been unable to get together for 12x02 and 12x03--I know, I know, priorities, man!--so we're doing a big Bingo viewing party with both episodes tonight, this time using matt2000's spiffy card generator. And there'll be some serious playing going down: dinner's at stake!

We're doing eight cards (4 people, 2 episodes) so I won't post them all, just the winning ones. We'll see how we stack up against matt2000's past scores, too.

Just promise you'll ignore my bad spelling of 'height'. I just realised when I made that card. :D

Edit:
http://img141.imageshack.**/img141/7106/bingocard32xt7.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, it was made in office XP so it should work with any version. hmm.

Nice :D
But my Excel is even cocker, doesn't like your Generator at all :?:cry:

I'm using Excel 2003 (right this moment actually) and it works fine.

What happens when you try to open it in Excel?

Well, we did a group watch/play of 12x02 and 12x03 back-to-back at my apartment and boy, were they completely different. By the halfway mark for 12x02, all four of us had 4-in-a-rows, and even stranger, two of us were waiting on a common square while the other two were waiting on another common square, if that makes sense. Given that the cards were completely random, that was quite a feat.

Anyway, the winner at 47:43 was

card01a.jpg

...and it wasn't even any of the common squares. Anyway, she won dinner on the rest of us, mainly because nobody even came close with 12x03. At the halfway mark, the most anybody had was 2 in a row. The best we managed was

card08a.jpg

We were thrown by the fact that
there was no power lap for the Stig, nor an intro for the News! And nobody insulted Finland!
What is the world coming to?

Anyway, we're getting back together for 12x04 as soon as we can. I think I'm converting them into fans :)