Random Thoughts....

Never do anything on a computer that you would not like your worst enemy to know about (or if you are in China the government) - seriously.

Speaking of IT and schools the lady in charge of computers at my high school cracked everyone up. She would flip out if you put even a single piece of paper on top of one of the towers and her solution to every problem was to tell us to try and log in to another machine.

^ Some people made, at one time, a career out of Cntrl + Shift & Delete. ...

/EDIT On another subject; I am fed up with Brits saying that its the class system why they fail, and being stupidly jealous of successful people who try hard and are intelligent and so become rich! That is all.

Last edited:
Warning, this is a completely random and spontaneous insight into my life which will just waste your time. Thank you for not listening.

Man I didn't realise Guy Hands was so rich. After posting this I randomly looked him up.

Basically he lives less than a mile from me (see picture for his house), and everyone knows he is rich, but I'd never looked into what his company does/owns. His company 'Terra Firma' basically owns Odeon Cinemas (biggest cinema chain in Europe with UCI, which Hands also owns), EMI (he runs it badly, but still runs it), until recently WRG (huge waste recycling company with places all over the UK) and a load of hotels across the UK (run by his wife). His house, which used to be a college before it was left, he bought run down spent a lot of money (I mean a lot) on it, then more recently refurbished it again (with marble floors etc) for supposedly around ?40m, was once presented to Churchill.

Now I'm sure if you live just up the road from Beverly Hills or some other 'this is where everyone rich lives' this will all seem mundane and boring to you, but this guy went to the same school as me (we have The Hands Library, built in 2003). It all seems pretty close to me - and surprises me.

And also - supposedly (this is only a rumour) Katie Price and Peter Andre live near here aswell, as there is a very good blind school in my town. Gloria Hunniford lives here, as does Peter Sissons (BBC News presentor), as does Jayne Torvill (the ice-skater - I've met her). Makes me feel poor and unimportant. Oh well, nothing changes.

Lots of small towns that no one has heard of has some famous people in it. Joe Dumars lives a few miles away from where I (my parents) live. Rip Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace and Isiah Thomas also live or did live around there at one point. William Davidson (local billionaire) also has a house there I think. Many of the Detroit Red Wings live there. John Delorean lived there, Leo Iacocca and Roger Penske are said to live there. The city is only 5 sq. miles, so it's weird to think that there's these people living so close by.

Lots of small towns that no one has heard of has some famous people in it. Joe Dumars lives a few miles away from where I (my parents) live. Rip Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace and Isiah Thomas also live or did live around there at one point. William Davidson (local billionaire) also has a house there I think. Many of the Detroit Red Wings live there. John Delorean lived there, Leo Iacocca and Roger Penske are said to live there. The city is only 5 sq. miles, so it's weird to think that there's these people living so close by.

I thought you lived in one of the most exclusive areas in Michigan?

That would explain why there's been so many famous residents, especially from the car industry.

It really is amazing how really intelligent people can have really silly problems with IT. The company I work for has some really skilled AutoCAD users, but they still phone me up to tell me something doesn't work when they clearly haven't set it up yet or read the instruction sheet they were given. :roll:

I can believe the Ctrl+Alt+Del thing. Would be even better if coupled with 'okay so we've fixed it at our end, can you do a reboot now and check it's working?'

'OMFG it werks!'

I thought you lived in one of the most exclusive areas in Michigan?

That would explain why there's been so many famous residents, especially from the car industry.

The city itself is relatively wealthy, but I didn't know that anyone well-known lived there until severals after moving there. It's just a small city that a bunch of auto execs lived in a while ago. I think the presidents of Ford, Chrysler and GM ALL lived there at point in the 80's. That got it the reputation of being quite wealthy and many similarly wealthy people in Michigan moved there. But there is a township with the same name that almost completely surrounds the city. So while the city only has ~5000 people, the township has 10x that.

This is why I wasn't aware that the people I listed lived so close. You can pass from the city into the township without even realizing it. Even on postage, there's rarely a distinction between the two. I live in a relatively wealthy neighborhood in the township very close the border of the city, and it's hard to tell when one starts and the other ends. There are some enormous houses here and there, but the rest is just upper middle class suburbs.

Basically, it's like having a small upper-middle class town with one very wealthy area that a small percentage of the population lives in.

Speaking of IT and schools the lady in charge of computers at my high school cracked everyone up. She would flip out if you put even a single piece of paper on top of one of the towers and her solution to every problem was to tell us to try and log in to another machine.

Speaking of IT and schools we had this rabid librarian at our school who'd go ape if she ever saw us playing games on the library computers. I mean, here we were with a free period, all our work finished (mostly) so we thought we could engage in some Counter-Strike. But no, it wasn't to be.

And the hilarious thing was what she'd do if she saw us playing games: she'd march over to our computers and turn off, not the computer, but the monitor! :rofl:

God, she was one dopey woman...

That thread has officially been seen by the entire internet.

I usually don't click these things, but you made me look.

Now... I shall be awake all night. :|

Edit: And as usual the comments are even more priceless. I like the guy telling him "Never, ever let a dog drive your car." :lol:

Last edited:
^ Damn you and your quick editing. That was hilarious. :lmao: