Another "i'm gonna buy a new pc and need your opinion" thread

jensked

Hi there, ho there

Ok, my current pc is from the stone age, so I'm finally gonna buy me a new one. It can't be over 1000 euros and i need to be able to play games for the next three years.

I can buy this one for 1050 euros: fully assembled, 3 years warranty and legitimate Windows Vista.
I'm gonna play Farcry 2, COD 5, next Splinter Cell, those kinda games.

Don't know what motherboard it is, but it's based on P45 chipset...
Enclosure: Antec Sonata III enclosure (+ power supply)
Processor: Intel Core2Duo E8500
Memory: OCZ 4GB Kit Vista Performance Platinum Edition (2x2GB) 800MHz DDR2
Graphics: CLUB3D HD4870 Overclocked Edition (PCI-E 2.0, 512MB GDDR5, TV-Out,...
Storage: SAMSUNG SpinPoint 750GB (HD753LJ, 7200RPM, SATA-II, 32MB)
DVD writer: LG GH22NS30 22x DVD+/-RW

So, what do you think? Or is 512mb not good enough for that Ati 4870? THere's also a 1gb version...

Last edited:
The specs are good... as for it being a good deal, I really have no clue since I don't know the prices there.

P.S. Looking forward to CoD5 myself. :woot:

I'm not sure what a good price is in Euros, but at the current exchange rate that's nearly $500 US more than I could build it for myself including the cost of Vista (based on Newegg prices). I personally wouldn't go with a Samsung HDD though. WD or Seagate. Other than that, the specs look pretty good.

Looks good man...My only concern is the choice of the 8500. Too much money for too little difference in performance compared to a 8400. You can always do as i did and buy a 8400 and slightly overclock it. Easy, safe and cheaper.

HD4870 is a brilliant card, just make sure you go for the 1gb version.

And E8400 is just as good as an 8500, rather save your money and use it elsewhere.