Tom Coronel: I've been asked to be the Stig (once)

Coronel is a commercial #beep!#
He's a good driver but this story is even worse then the short story about the Strick ( German dude ) guy being (a) stig...

How so? The driver that plays the stig is not allowed to have a real life? They needed somebody who could drive and could look like the stig, it's not an impossible scenario.

Got any reasoning to backup your claim that the story is fake and he's lying?

Also this is nothing like Tim Schrick.

Well, they put the episode online but obviously, it's not been subtitled.
You can find it in this Wheels on 7 episode between minutes 21:45-22:40

Screenshots of the contract and the suit:

contract.jpg

suit.jpg

On one hand, the contract is less than convincing, on the other, don't know why they would make it up.

Thanks sebastian! That program sucks btw....

Darn, Tom is such a dick. I remember always shooting him with my empty airsoft weapon, stress relieving indeed. :p

It would be fun to see the Stig with his wife and children in the future when they will test some SUVs or something. :cool:

Darn, Tom is such a dick. I remember always shooting him with my empty airsoft weapon, stress relieving indeed. :p

It would be fun to see the Stig with his wife and children in the future when they will test some SUVs or something. :cool:

Pedro Mart?nez De la Rosa (McLaren test driver) said on an interview that when they were both competing at Japan, Coronel was a great guy to hang out with. By the way, there is another Seat driver who had a child some months ago.....

My only question is...when has TG tested something from Classic Team Lotus? I don't recall that.

FWIW, note the date on the contract is 17 September 2007. So no, it doesn't align with Plato's latest addition...

Steve

My only question is...when has TG tested something from Classic Team Lotus? I don't recall that.

FWIW, note the date on the contract is 17 September 2007. So no, it doesn't align with Plato's latest addition...

Steve

They took the Lotus F1 around at the end of Season 10, and that episode aired late December 07

They took the Lotus F1 around at the end of Season 10, and that episode aired late December 07

I was quite sceptical about this thread and I'm not into the Stig identity question thing but Seasonone's not wrong and it's plausible at least. That said though if the regular Stig's other half had just given birth who was the lady Stig in the pool?

Oh, hang on she was in a white bikini so it must have been his sister. Phew, thought I might have been on the verge of causing a divorce for a minute.

I was quite sceptical about this thread and I'm not into the Stig identity question thing but Seasonone's not wrong and it's plausible at least. That said though if the regular Stig's other half had just given birth who was the lady Stig in the pool?

Oh, hang on she was in a white bikini so it must have been his sister. Phew, thought I might have been on the verge of causing a divorce for a minute.

Well hold on a sec, the Stigius species is not known to be monogamous in the wild. This one isn't entirely domesticated either, so the possibility remains open.

Don't know if it's true or not, but i think it's lame he comes out with that. Being the Stig means not showing off about it...

bingo. They should put a clause like that in the contract that if you tell everyone you were the stig, they can launch you off a ship in a tuned Jag.

Maybe it was indeed the classic Lotus F1 car on the Ascari circuit where Tom might hang out since his father in law (Klaas Zwart) owns the track.
Maybe he was just the obvious racing driver at the time when the Stig wasn't available.

it could have been they only needed him to do the "lying on the waterbed" scene, which would be even better :lol:

Still curious to who the Stigette in the pool was, now thats something I'd like to know more than who male Stig is.

it could have been they only needed him to do the "lying on the waterbed" scene, which would be even better :lol:

Still curious to who the Stigette in the pool was, now thats something I'd like to know more than who male Stig is.

Probably some Ascari or BBC employee

Well hold on a sec, the Stigius species is not known to be monogamous in the wild. This one isn't entirely domesticated either, so the possibility remains open.

Well more than that. It is not known how long is the gestation period for a stiggy's pregnant mother.

Maybe it"s only in a blink of an eye :lol:

Fit (at the pool) / blink / pregnant / blink / done baby stig is born. :mrgreen:

Wow...I missed that. I remember the Renault, and Hammond driving the Renault...but I totally don't recall a vintage Lotus F1 car being on the show. Can't find it on youtube either :(

Steve

Wow...I missed that. I remember the Renault, and Hammond driving the Renault...but I totally don't recall a vintage Lotus F1 car being on the show. Can't find it on youtube either :(

Steve

RS4 vs. M3 vs. C63 test in Spain. They took a Lotus 72 around the Ascari test track and it was 25 seconds faster than any of the saloons.

All driven by the Stig.