Bastard thieves

cvrefugee

Car(s)
2005 Scion xB
Last month I went out to eat with a bunch of friends for my birthday. When we left (around midnight) my nephew noticed somebody busted the passenger side door handle. Luckily I was left with no dents or dings, just a tiny scratch where a screwdriver was inserted. Apparently they wanted to either steal my car or my integrated navigation. Well, today I finally installed the new handle. Cost me $61.98 + tax/shipping of money I don't really have. I was thinking of getting an alarm with one of those pagers, but I don't know how well they work or if they're just a gimmick. I am also thinking of making a false radio cover for my nav, but I don't know how to make one.

Before
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cv/cvrefugee/2008/11/13/before.JPG

After
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cv/cvrefugee/2008/11/13/after.JPG

Close-up of the damage
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cv/cvrefugee/2008/11/13/apart.JPG

SOBs.

Get an alarm or at least a sticker saying that you have an alarm. That should be a deterant most of the time, assuming you don't park your pride n' joy in secluded areas where nobody will hear an alarm going off.

I still got the scratch marks on my drivers side window from when some sob broke into it. Just picked the lock or whatever. Lucky I keep virtually nothing in my car. They only got away with a few burnt CD's.

Damn those bastards... but if it's any consolation, that's a very neat repair job.

I suppose an alarm is a good idea. My little car would be a piece of piss to break into but luckily the previous owners had a ridiculously loud aftermarket alarm installed that has a flashing light on the dash, I reckon that's the only reason why it hasn't been broken into...

Some kid tried to break into my car multiple times.

I was sitting inside with my car parked across the street in my direct line of sight in a not-so-good part of Worcester when I noticed a little Hispanic kid (maybe 4 or 5 years old) trying the door handles to my car. I pressed the panic button and he went flying back into his house. 5 minutes later he came outside again, and I sent him back inside. At that point I called the cops, and he came back outside 3 more times before they got there. Fun times

Someone also broke into the family Civic when I left it in the same part of town. Luckily that time I had nothing but a few pens in the glovebox, and maybe $1.00 worth of coins in the ashtray.

Some kid tried to break into my car multiple times.

I was sitting inside with my car parked across the street in my direct line of sight in a not-so-good part of Worcester when I noticed a little Hispanic kid (maybe 4 or 5 years old) trying the door handles to my car. I pressed the panic button and he went flying back into his house. 5 minutes later he came outside again, and I sent him back inside. At that point I called the cops, and he came back outside 3 more times before they got there. Fun times
Thank god you called the cops. You were lucky to make it out alive; those minority children are dangerous.....

Thank god you called the cops. You were lucky to make it out alive; those minority children are dangerous.....

You never know what siblings or parents they have in that house. I know someone who almost got mugged in that neighborhood, but luckily a Crown Vic driving by.

Clearly, you've never been to Winnipeg, where car thieves are in their early teens and consistently get away with it.

I would like to have a car that electrocutes someone if they try to steal it. Luckily mine is haunted and does something with it's headlights to scare people off when they mess with it somehow....

Who actually pays any attention to car alarms nowadays? Whenever a car alarm starts blasting, I don't know of one soul who thinks anything other than, "Oh for Christs sake someone turn that annoying shit off," before resuming whatever it is they were doing.

$60 for a door handle... you know, I'm willing to bet that's a great deal. I'm sure if my car needed a door handle and I took it to the dealer, I'd be out $500 at least.

Oh, and this is for katwalk. I think this is pretty close to what you had in mind:

[YOUTUBE]fDrzMGdYWZc[/YOUTUBE]

someone did the exact same thing to my Polo a couple of years ago. Sadly, they were successful both in piercing a hole into the door ( :cry: ), using a screwdriver to pry out my stereo ( : cry: ) AND being not very careful with said screwdriver and leaving a whole bunch of scratches on my entire dash ( :cry: :cry: )

My mom's car (which was almost identical) that was parked next to it got the same treatment.

I now own a garage so problem solved. Otherwise I'd go for the "kill them with fire" option as shown by Shawn.
I do hope that's an 'intelligent' system so it doesn't make you all black and crispy if you accidentally try to open the door when you haven't 'zapped' the car open yet

Somebody stole the stereo headunit from my old Bluebird a couple of years ago. Luckily it had such crap door locks they didn't have to break anything when entering the car.

$60 for a door handle... you know, I'm willing to bet that's a great deal. I'm sure if my car needed a door handle and I took it to the dealer, I'd be out $500 at least.

Oh, and this is for katwalk. I think this is pretty close to what you had in mind:

[YOUTUBE]fDrzMGdYWZc[/YOUTUBE]

That would be awesome if I didn't have a canvas roof :lol:

I want flamethrowers installed underneath my car, thus everytime someone would try to break the doors, the flamethrowers would get on and scorch the SOB's ankles.

Thats just filled to the brim with EPIC WIN brand high octane race fuel.

Otherwise I'd go for the "kill them with fire" option as shown by Shawn

The last car thief I encountered refused to surrender and encountered the "kill it with fire...arms" option when he went for his back pocket instead.

Wouldn't have been so bad except the guy splashed everywhere and I ended up having to replace the headliner and the driver's seat. I would imagine that if you bought the flamethrower kit, you'd have to spend money getting the smell out afterwards.

Last edited:
People who do this stuff generally are fixed in their behaviour and will be criminals the whole rest of their lives - gaol time will be their future no doubt.

BTW BASTARDS!

The last car thief I encountered refused to surrender and encountered the "kill it with fire...arms" option when he went for his back pocket instead.

Wouldn't have been so bad except the guy splashed everywhere and I ended up having to replace the headliner and the driver's seat. I would imagine that if you bought the flamethrower kit, you'd have to spend money getting the smell out afterwards.

I remember when you first told that story. I still to this day think you're Bruce Willis with an avatar. "Die Hard" Bruce Willis, not "Respect Yourself" Bruce Willis....