Random Thoughts....

I have a brother who is two years younger than me. We never really got along and he moved out some months ago. I dont know exactly where he lives and nor do I really care tbh.

I've got a brother 3 years older. We're completely dissimilar, I love everything he hates and vice versa. Whenever we're together, we can never get along, but whenever we are away from each other, we're always on good terms :lol:.

He's in Zambia these days, so he's FAR FAR away, and we're on great terms :)

I've got a question for all of you: what was the most bone-headed, inflexible and deaf (in terms of shunning any kind of suggestions or criticism) person that you met in your life?

My personal answer would be the substitute French teacher that we got this year. She's old, perhaps even retired, and she got called only because our regular teacher is seriously ill (maybe terminally... :( ). She hates people who enter the class after her, even in case they have a totally justified and credible reason. She won't take any criticism from anyone, and she doesn't even listen to suggestions.

I've got a question for all of you: what was the most bone-headed, inflexible and deaf (in terms of shunning any kind of suggestions or criticism) person that you met in your life?

Anyone who has ever tried to "educate" me about what things are like in Saudi Arabia, despite me living here and them having never set foot in the country. One particular numskull was convinced that we have no middle class, with all the money being held by the royal family. He also tried to tell me that 50-60% of the population is below the poverty level, which, when combined with his earlier claims, made me wonder just how big he thought the royal family was. :?

She hates people who enter the class after her, even in case they have a totally justified and credible reason. She won't take any criticism from anyone, and she doesn't even listen to suggestions.

Talking about teachers, our geography lessons at high school were a nightmare. (Fortunately now, in the last year of school we don't have geography anymore.)
She's the only geography teacher in the whole school (there are about 6 or 7 teachers to every other subjects...) so every student has to experience her classes. She usually starts her lessons by randomly chosing a student from the class, and this student is asked during the whole lesson. Here in Hungary we don't just write tests and exams but you can be asked any time, at any lesson, unexpectedly, just as the teacher wishes, and you get a mark for your answers which count just as much as the mark you get for a big test at the end of the school year.
So this teacher usually came into the class, chose someone and asked random questions, which had absolutely nothing to do with the actual stuff we were learning about. For example, we had been learning about volcanos and mountains and such for weeks, then the teacher asked someone "Tell me 10 Japanese car makers" "Tell me the exact date when x country started a war with y country in the middle age" and stuff like this, and if you didn't know the answer properly you got a 1 which is the worst mark. One student was usually asked for 45 minutes and was humiliated by the teacher throughout the lesson.
The best was when she asked a girl in my class: "Have you seen the latest Opel commercial?" Girl: "No I haven't" Teacher: "You must have seen it, it's on the telly every 10 minutes, tell me about that commercial and why is it related to geography" Girl: "I haven't seen that commercial" Teacher: "Don't tell me lies!" And the girl got a 1 for not seeing that bloody advertisement. And as I said, those marks had the same value as the marks in the big tests...

Last edited:
Anyone who has ever tried to "educate" me about what things are like in Saudi Arabia, despite me living here and them having never set foot in the country. One particular numskull was convinced that we have no middle class, with all the money being held by the royal family. He also tried to tell me that 50-60% of the population is below the poverty level, which, when combined with his earlier claims, made me wonder just how big he thought the royal family was. :?

Well, the only thing we hear about Saudi Arabia are:
"billion dollar hotel with golden bathtubs built on artificial island"
"cities in the desert erected with slave labour"
"Man given one thousand stick beats for insulting Allah"

and sometimes

"oil production limited as prices get too low"

Can't really blame him :p

Sure I can! :p

There's a difference between just being mistaken, and staying mistaken despite a firsthand source telling you how wrong you are.

Where your siblings nice to you or were they the stereotypical evil brother/sister?

I'm the middle child - my bro is 26 and my sister 17. I think we boss my brother around sometimes - two against one, he has no chance. He's pretty quiet though, and never bullied me or anything. I get along fine with him, but I'm much closer to my sister. We used to fight like cats and dogs but not anymore, although we do have the odd screaming match which I blame on her having inherited my dad's temper. I'm just about to take her to Chinatown for dumplings as she's going hiking in Malaysia for a month next week - the house is going to be blissfully quiet :)

Now you know what being Australian is like :p

^ Well, the place I know of charges at least $10 for anything, I think a suit would be about $20.

There's cheaper ones, but they're still way too expensive. You dry clean your suit at these prices 5 times and it's likely more than the cost of the whole thing.

Are the chemicals they use expensive or something?

Talking about teachers, our geography lessons at high school were a nightmare.
pitt-the-younger-2.gif

"Tougher sentences for geography teachers!"

For example, we had been learning about volcanos and mountains and such for weeks, then the teacher asked someone "Tell me 10 Japanese car makers"

1. Honda
2. Toyota
3. Nissan
4. Daihatsu
5. Subaru
6. Mazda
7. Mitsubishi
8. Isuzu
9. Mitsuoka
10. ...erm...?

I've deliberately avoided Lexus, Acura and Infiniti - those are cheating. Even Isuzu's a bit cagey, given that the last car they made was the Piazza in the mid-80s...

Yamaha made Formula 1 engines, Kawasaki put an engine in the Radical track day car, Hitachi were going to make cars but never did...

"Tell me the exact date when x country started a war with y country in the middle age"
April 14th, 1536, at 3:12 pm.

The best was when she asked a girl in my class: "Have you seen the latest Opel commercial?" Girl: "No I haven't" Teacher: "You must have seen it, it's on the telly every 10 minutes, tell me about that commercial and why is it related to geography" Girl: "I haven't seen that commercial" Teacher: "Don't tell me lies!" And the girl got a 1 for not seeing that bloody advertisement. And as I said, those marks had the same value as the marks in the big tests...
I'm sure I've seen more ridiculous teaching methods... but every time I hear horror stories from schools they're inevitably to do with the kids and how they've tied up and stabbed the teacher. I suppose this makes a change...

Last edited:
83% is my curret record... 15/15 and 32 sec

YAY I win! I'm so addicted to flash games, but right now I'm so drunk I'm having trouble understanding them. THEREfore I can go to bed now, unlike most of you.....