Ultimate show your friends Top Gear compilation clip.

Car hockey/soccer (yes I can call it that cause I'm a stupid American <_<) always got me into fits.

I wanna make a 3 minute or so compilation clip of awesome moments and funny moments from top gear to show people to hook them quickly. i.e my roommate whos never seen any part of any episode ever and just writes it off as "more of that car stuff" so i need to get her with some short clips since a whole episode wouldn't be watched.

So I ned to come up with stuff that funny, entertaining, and exciting and i must emphasize not just good for us car nuts.i.e. the typical 3 car tests we like wouldnt do it but the robin rocket probably would. so carry on then :)

I really don't think something like this would really work to get anyone interested enough to watch the show.

Everything that people have suggested has made me at least smile, but that is only because I remember the context they came from. If you have no prior knowledge of the show, (or the guys) I think it is just going to be clips of old men doing stupid stuff and that does not grab too many people.

Richard and James slipping on that snow slope was very funny, but only because I "know" James and Richard.

I say show them a whole episode. If they will not watch, so be it. I recommend the one where they go to Verbier (sp?).

That had everything. James refusing to run on television. A Ferrari, the Rally car coming down the mountain sideways with James screaming in the front seat. The tension of the end of the race. Then in a bus and Jeremy hunting them down in a Ferrari. Then and now cars. Anyone can relate to that. The Stig in that F1 car. The sound alone should hook them. A fun Christmas news section. Hammond in that Robe.

The Peel segment is the first clip that I had ever seen. I would say it's a toss-up between that, the Atom segment, and the Hilux Killing segments... seeing as how the latter two have more views than any other TG clip on YouTube.

Or for two of the best ever action shots the Class 31 going straight through the Espace on the level crossing, (ideally the slow motion overhead shot where the buffers emerge from the far side before the front end of the car even starts to move.) ....

I'd have that one complete with Jeremy shouting "That's toast!"

I wanna make a 3 minute or so compilation clip of awesome moments and funny moments from top gear to show people to hook them quickly. i.e my roommate whos never seen any part of any episode ever and just writes it off as "more of that car stuff" so i need to get her with some short clips since a whole episode wouldn't be watched.

So I ned to come up with stuff that funny, entertaining, and exciting and i must emphasize not just good for us car nuts.i.e. the typical 3 car tests we like wouldnt do it but the robin rocket probably would. so carry on then :)

Just show him the Winter Olympics Special. No need for editing and hunting around in many video files. :)
x2

The Winter Olympics Special, three minutes out of that ought to do the trick.:)

There is of course a totally different option if you want to get your roomie to watch Top Gear which involves sodium pentathol, a wooden armchair and two pairs of handcuffs, subject naturally to local laws and statutes.

There is of course a totally different option if you want to get your roomie to watch Top Gear which involves sodium pentathol, a wooden armchair and two pairs of handcuffs, subject naturally to local laws and statutes.

Flashback memories of the Film,

?Marathon Man? - Dustin Hoffman

?Is Top Gear Safe?? *sounds: Dentist drill*

:unsure:

The race between Henning Solberg and the Bobsleigh team.

Africa special shooting the car to get the water out

The Winter Olympics special where JC gets the machine gun out to do the cross country/shooting bit and, er, misses the target completely with a full clip on auto.

Millau Bridge.

JCs Focus ST review.

Millau Bridge - going round the Arc'd Trimuphe and down the Champs Elysee - "Its a super car - it does not have vertical take off".

/EDIT - Hammond getting the lightening and bailing out from the sinking car. James in Dubai and in the Bentley doing close to 200 MPH on the public road.

Being blown down the hill in the IoM with the brollies.

Taking the Range Rover up the Mountain in Scotland.

Three sports coup?s across Pendyne Sands.

Cheap Porsche Challenge.

Of course the Toybota and the one where they actually get across the channel in the Nissanc.

Last edited:
The race between Henning Solberg and the Bobsleigh team.

Africa special shooting the car to get the water out

The Winter Olympics special where JC gets the machine gun out to do the cross country/shooting bit and, er, misses the target completely with a full clip on auto.
Would have to include the tree falling over.:)

Millau Bridge.

JCs Focus ST review.

Millau Bridge - going round the Arc'd Trimuphe and down the Champs Elysee - "Its a super car - it does not have vertical take off".

Being blown down the hill in the IoM with the brollies.

Taking the Range Rover up the Mountain in Scotland.

Three sports coup?s across Pendyne Sands.

Cheap Porsche Challenge.

Of course the Toybota and the one where they actually get across the channel in the Nissanc.

That's the method I prefer when trying to show people something they don't like.

But if the funny bits won't make any sense then concentrate on pure awesomeness from the cars. Maybe James driving the Veyron. Like I said before the flying double decker would be quite good, I'm pretty sure TG did that.

I have given this far more thought than I should as I apparently have no life. That coupled with the fact I have a very long drive to work and I have to think about something :driving:, what better to think about?

Anyway, I think to get women, esp young girls "hooked" it would have to be clips of Hammond, preferrably looking cute with that mischievious twinkle in his eye.

For the regular guy, that would have be May. I think he hits the cord with the average Joe.

For those "out there" type of guys, That would be Clarkson. Almost always over the top.

For the car nut, well, clips of the cars.

For the animal lover, well, animal clips.

For the "push my body to the limit people", the polar special.

And on and on. For just about any type of person, there is probably some bit of TG that would appeal.

I think that is what makes it so great. They are not stuck in a rut. There is something for almost everyone.

I was at a party last night and the talk turned to all the stupid stuff on TV, so natually I had to tell them about the best show "in the WORLD". We were all sitting around in a big group and the more I told about the show, more and more people seemed to be getting interested in what this show could be about. So, we are all getting back together for Thanksgiving at my sisters who has a HUGE flat screen TV, So I am going to burn a few of my favorite episodes so we can have something "decent" to watch.

I am wondering if anyone will request more for when we get together Christmas.

Just show the episode with the DB9/Helicopter vs Lotus sections in it, it's by far the best one

just delete the news (as its irrellevant now) and the SIARPC

If I ever want to demonstrate to friends what kind of show Top Gear is, I usually show them car football or the Lotus vs. Apache.

The Peel segment is the first clip that I had ever seen. I would say it's a toss-up between that, the Atom segment, and the Hilux Killing segments... seeing as how the latter two have more views than any other TG clip on YouTube.

Those would also make great clips. I first got tuned to Top Gear when a friend showed me the Hilux getting trashed. I had seen the Atom segment some time before that but I didn't realize at the time where it had come from.

almost anything from the stretch limo challenge. Especially the bits of Jeremy driving around with half a car, or when Jeremy and Richard are bowling in the sports limo

The British Leyland challenge is good too, Jeremy powersliding and washing his hair, or hammond's handbrake test. good stuff in there

If I were making the video I'd want to put in a few dramatic moments to show that it's not all cocking about. One such bit might be when they had the guy dressed up as a flying squirrel racing Hammond in the Cayenne and they bring up the Lord of the Rings music as the guy is just floating in space there. Always gives me a bit of a chill.

1. the caravan challenge laughs from beginning to end.
2. cool wall clip of hammond eating one of the pictures
3. gin and tonics while driving to the north pole

Here's my suggestions...

Possibly starting with Jeremy's series 12 teaser intro: "Here's a taster of.. what we've been able to cobble together", then going into the clip itself.

1. Winter Olympics: "H&K MP5 machine pistol. Fully automatic.... EAT LEAD, OLYMPIC TARGETS!!"

2. Cessna/Veyron Race: "Are you ready in the back?" - "To the SKIES!", James shouting "You unbearable man!!"

3. Cross-London Race: Jeremy's "requesting permission" thing (for the Thames Barrier) and a shot of the Cougar going through.

4. Botswana Race: "Well, how hard can it be?" - "Don't say that!", James "turning right" ("He may be mechanically confident..."), Jeremy playing the "sad, sad situation" song through the radio, Hammond screaming "Oliver!!"

5. Best Driving Road Challenge: The "tunnel-blasting" section and the "What was God thinking when he gave the Swiss this road...?" part

6. A couple of "Some say..."s to "introduce" the Stig, with some clips of him doing power laps? (going by the tyres at the Followthrough, crashing the Koenigsegg, going around Gambon...)

7. Top Speed in the Bugatti Veyron: James saying "No wonder Schumacher retired. He's slower than me!"

8. British Leyland: The "Requiem To Longbridge", Hammond and Jeremy's handbrake tests.

9. Cool Wall: Hammond eating the cardboard, Jeremy cutting out the Ducati with a chainsaw (did that happen..?).

10. USA Roadtrip: The 0-50-0 acceleration/braking test, "He'll have walked into a dealer - "hello!" - and they'll have shot him!"

11. Bonneville Roadtrip: Setting off the car alarms, "Forward into the pages of history!"

12. Any point where Jeremy says they've been "ambitious but rubbish".

13. ?10,000 Italian Supercars: James' Urraco arriving on an (A)AA truck

14. Amphibious Cars: James catching his collapsible mast on the security camera (cross-channel), Hammond sinking (reservoir), Jeremy's "docking" (reservoir), Jeremy: "You've FAILED!" (cross-channel)

15. "Lorryist" Challenge: Hammond: "Drumroll please!!", Jeremy's truck reaching the end of the Alpine Course (on fire), Jeremy's mishap with the gearstick, the car coming out of Hammond's truck

16. Alfa Challenge: The rolling roadblock, Jeremy "taking the Focus"

17. ?100 Cars: Jeremy: "One pound!!", the 30MPH (40 for Jeremy) crashes.

18. Porsche Challenge: James' new "spoiler".

19. Roadies/Van Challenge: Hammond rolling his Super-Carry/Bedford Rascal, James/Jeremy racing on the motorway on the way to the next Who gig

...quite a lot of suggestions, I know. But at least there's a substantial list to choose from. :)