Pick-N-Pull Junkyard 15 Nov 2008

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Went to the local Pick N Pull junkyard (breakers, for those in the UK) yesterday. This one is kind of special - unlike so many yards, these guys buy weird and specialty cars as well as more common makes. Quite often when you go there, you'll find weird or rare (in the US) cars there. Today was no exception.

Old Volvo of some kind:
IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

VW 412. Good riddance:
IMG_0248.JPG

Opel Kadett 2:
IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

Merkur Scorpio, aka Ford Scorpio, aka Ford Grenada:
IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

My Dad had one of those! Looked exactly like that, but of course here it was a ford. I had no idea they sold them over there, I knew about the Merkur Sierra though.

They were good looking cars and I still see a lot around.

See any old school mazda's out there? I'd love an RX3 or RX4.

Yeah, they had an RX3 there, but it was picked pretty clean.

They had a bunch of RX-7s there if you need parts, though.

Old Volvo of some kind:
IMG_0245.JPG
That's a Volvo 144 (Series 1, 4 cylinders, 4 doors).

Well, it's interesting to see that design has advanced really much since the '60s and '70s, since all three cars from that era look dowdy, the Scorpio a bit more modern but still far away from today's designs.

Not really a comment on those cars, but, man, I wish I could have been there, looks like some great sunset lighting!

Which one?...one near my house on 78 sucks only has like 80's Honda

jebjeb, the one in Grand Prairie off Loop 12. It's the one that's actually named Pick-N-Pull, next to the Watkins trucking yard.

I'm actually going to a Pull-a-Part yard next weekend if all holds up right.... and possible with some other FG members.
I'll take some pictures when I go.

Hopefully I'll remember to bring a toolkit because I want to take an engine apart completely just for kicks.... possible take the block home to make a coffee table.... or find a turbo to make a (big) paper weight.

I'm actually going to a Pick-N-Pull yard next weekend if all holds up right.... and possible with some other FG members.
I'll take some pictures when I go.
Which one are you going to? I only know of the one on Granite St. in Worcester. (The only thing I found there was a decrepit E24 6-Series that I wanted to buy :cry: and the owner's manual to a Buick Reatta.)

And let me know if they have any motorcycles, too...

Which one are you going to? I only know of the one on Granite St. in Worcester. (The only thing I found there was a decrepit E24 6-Series that I wanted to buy :cry: and the owner's manual to a Buick Reatta.)

And let me know if they have any motorcycles, too...

That's the one.... Sam's Pull-A-Part.
Last time I was there I found a few nice Audi V8s, a very clean/complete 5.0 Fox-body Mustang GT (complete with the iginition key) and a burnt out shell of a Ford Expedition (as well as their usual assortment of various land-yachts). I ended up leaving with nothing but the manual for a 1993 Chevy Caprice Classic which I later tried to sell, but failed.

Last edited:
I am after a new headlight for my celica a rock hit it and cracked the glass. And for a replacement best I found was $140

That is literally about 2-3 miles from my job (Vought Aircraft). They have ton of junkyards there, right off of Jefferson correct? I've been to one of them over there but I can't remember the name. If you look at google maps of the area its crazy, so many cars!

http://img369.imageshack.**/img369/4661/junkyardstc0.jpg

That is literally about 2-3 miles from my job (Vought Aircraft). They have ton of junkyards there, right off of Jefferson correct? I've been to one of them over there but I can't remember the name. If you look at google maps of the area its crazy, so many cars!

Didn't we go to two of them? Got the Mustang fender from one, and the Civic seat from another. I <3 junkyards.

Yup, that's the area.

There's a Pick-N-Pull in Dallas? Well now I don't hate the town quite so much. :D

They always get weird stuff at the one in Kansas City too. I didn't have my camera with me yesterday when I went, but there was a TR7, a mid '60s Falcon Futura and a couple RX3s (one looked like it had been in a barn for 20 years ... and then said barn collapsed on it) in there. I've seen Alfas, a little Honda roadster, and a couple really old Saabs in there in the past.